• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Survey:do U Do Interior Cleaning/detailing

Hola

Survey:Do u do interior cleaning/detailing  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a do it yourself dude or "let others do and i pay" dude

• Yes - Specify the services you do
    • No - I do almost all by myself

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find its difficult to do it minus vital equipments ;) I simply rely on my service station guy.Always do routine cleanings by myself! With two kids as passengers ,Interior needs extra work most of the time!

MINIACE

:P old age

I get mine done at 3M or Laughs .. waxing is done at home by me.. cut and poilish I get a guy to come home and do it so that I could see what he's doing.. and could point out on the spots he misses...

i use dash interior and tyre's, wax I use 99

Machang i used son of a gun dash board spary and some of it accidently sprayed on my speedometer area and the speedometer now is white faded. You know? like misty. Cant take it off. I got armorall tyre spray too.

waxing is done once a month or so at home...

too much of a risk to let unknown ppl mess with é car - had a bad experience with a well known detailing cntre who use Helix/Shell stuff in Mount with another vehicle :( - so since then prefere é home approach

interior is very straightforward - between a bit of Amourall,sheen & a hand held vacume most work is sorted :D

but will be going in for a cut n polish to é ppl who handled é paint job next week :)

Did you see my speedometer? the transparent front cover gone whitish-can you recomend anything?

the transparent front cover gone whitish-can you recomend anything?

adé even i have é same problem - :( it was like that when i bought é Z but tried all other cleaners but didnt mak any difference :(

anyone has any ideas??

Gihan it was é GREE R33 in these pics né http://forum.autolanka.com/lofiversion....php?t2693.html

that car has a dodgy history lu - so stay clear...

price was supposed to have been 2.8 or somethin né...?

adé even i have é same problem - :( it was like that when i bought é Z but tried all other cleaners but didnt mak any difference :(

anyone has any ideas??

Gihan it was é GREE R33 in these pics né http://forum.autolanka.com/lofiversion....php?t2693.html

that car has a dodgy history lu - so stay clear...

price was supposed to have been 2.8 or somethin né...?

someone said floride works in my car detailing center and they tried even signal toothpaste :D

:P old age

Machang i used son of a gun dash board spary and some of it accidently sprayed on my speedometer area and the speedometer now is white faded. You know? like misty. Cant take it off. I got armorall tyre spray too.

Did you see my speedometer? the transparent front cover gone whitish-can you recomend anything?

Use Brasso and wipe. Mine was in a similar state when i bought the car. The task is a bit painful, since what you are doing is cutting the spray damaged layer of plastic to bring a new layer up.

Use Brasso and wipe. Mine was in a similar state when i bought the car. The task is a bit painful, since what you are doing is cutting the spray damaged layer of plastic to bring a new layer up.

plastic layer?

from where?

plastic layer?

from where?

Your speedo meter :blink: .

You have to put some Brasso on the misty areas and wipe. Just like you would polish a copper pot ot something :D

Brasso has a "mild" abrasive quality (mild being the operative word, as opposed to say.. frikin sandpaper). So it takes away a micro-thin layer from the surface its applied. This layer, in the case of your dashboard clear-plastic, incidentally happens to be the one damaged from those sprays.

Comprendé ??

Edited by Memphis

Hmm I use STP Sun of a Gun as well on the dash.. been using it for years on a couple of cars before as well and never had an issue. Hola you may have a minor crack in your speedo dash. You may wanna consider removing the speedo section of the dash and try to wiping it inside out. This is a delicate job though.

On other news: nothing like a good DIY car wash on a lazy Poya morning :)

Hmm I use STP Sun of a Gun as well on the dash.. been using it for years on a couple of cars before as well and never had an issue. Hola you may have a minor crack in your speedo dash. You may wanna consider removing the speedo section of the dash and try to wiping it inside out. This is a delicate job though.

On other news: nothing like a good DIY car wash on a lazy Poya morning :)

Lucky people! I had to come to office today and woke up at 5.45 to wash the car as it was so dusty.

No machang no crack on the speedo dash. Do you spray directly to the wall of the speedometer? I did. And if i wipe with a wet cloth it clears off for a while and again builds up

Talking about washing cars..I've been told by a top painter in SL to use baby shampoo for washing!

It works ,take my word, my kids date expired johnsons are best source!

MINIACE

Thank god someone talked about this. True, when i run out of car shampoo i go for hair shampoo and it realy cleans the so nicely, gentle on the hands

if only the car could talk :D

...:lol: someone spoke on behalf of é Z é other day - hadnt washed it or taken it outta é house in over a week - é moment i got back to é car whilst it was out - someone had written "WASH ME PLEASE" & a :-) across é dust of é rear glass!!! :lol:

my kids date expired johnsons are best source!

MINIACE

u a Daddy??? :blink:

Talking about washing cars..I've been told by a top painter in SL to use baby shampoo for washing!

It works ,take my word, my kids date expired johnsons are best source!

MINIACE

frankly i ve heard bout it too.. am not quite sure bout the costs but how would the difference be between the costs of using baby shampoo and the normal car shampoo?

Zz

frankly i ve heard bout it too.. am not quite sure bout the costs but how would the difference be between the costs of using baby shampoo and the normal car shampoo?

Zz

if my memeory serves me right Amoural big bottle (2L ?? :huh:) cost abt Rs.600...

if my memeory serves me right Amoural big bottle (2L ?? :huh:) cost abt Rs.600...

600 bucks! omg.. i use the non-famed brands.. there was this dubai based product which i bought recently n it does quite a good job.. the bloody tar stains are the biggest irritants though.... i ve gotta switch to baby shampoo lol.. might be more economical n betterl ookin..

Zz

Zz

baby ones are expensive. Just use car shampoo while u can

600 bucks! omg.. i use the non-famed brands.. there was this dubai based product which i bought recently n it does quite a good job.. the bloody tar stains are the biggest irritants though.... i ve gotta switch to baby shampoo lol.. might be more economical n betterl ookin..

Zz

use 3M if you can, it never hurts

Lucky people! I had to come to office today and woke up at 5.45 to wash the car as it was so dusty.

No machang no crack on the speedo dash. Do you spray directly to the wall of the speedometer? I did. And if i wipe with a wet cloth it clears off for a while and again builds up

Nope never spray directly. Always on to a sponge first.

hmmm the shampoo I use is far to expensive to use on the car. FYI it aint no sunsilk :)

Nope never spray directly. Always on to a sponge first.

hmmm the shampoo I use is far to expensive to use on the car. FYI it aint no sunsilk :)

Should we start a new thread on "what shampoo u use 4 ur hair?" :D

I tried Memphi's braso advice and never worked