• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Survey:do U Do Interior Cleaning/detailing

Hola

Survey:Do u do interior cleaning/detailing  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a do it yourself dude or "let others do and i pay" dude

• Yes - Specify the services you do
    • No - I do almost all by myself

To tell you the truth i did this survey to see if i open up a joint to do car detailing it will be a viable business. But the voting doesnt look promising. So its off...

In vein, if i opened up i was going to give all AL superstars like GihanFx to NeXgen to Dev Z to Fuzzo one free car detailing plus 50% discount on every job done.. Too bad...What to do... Thanks

Oyee.. rather than looking at the ratio of people doing their own servicing (washing etc.) at home, why not look at the number of prospective customers over there in Negombo and based on that decide whether startin up the joint is worth or not? with some proper marketing n some promotions, ya could get a good number of customers...

And as fuzzo said.. quality of work is a must.. Hola assured me though of a thorough n spick n span job :) the same must also be said on dose ya hire buddy...

Zz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Avoid this joint called 'Havelock w*sh' or something on Saranankara Rd- to all those in the area.

While we are on the topic of 'avoiding' certain places, guys around Negombo should avoid that place just after the Thelwattha junction. I was reluctant to take my car for interior detailing, but since Hola recommended I thought I'd take a chance. It turned out to be a nightmare...

The first (and the last) time I put my car there, they cracked the power shutter switch panel. The shitty thing is that after repairing it with 'super glue' and putting it back on-the-sly, they started pretending it never happened. Since it came down to the situation of 'their word against mine', I called the manager and complained. That's about it, nothing after that. No talk of correcting the damage whatsoever.

The moral of the story is;

a. Do a lot of research before taking your ride for detailing, both interior or exterior.

b. Recommend places carefully to others (No hard feelings Hola, I know you meant well).

c. It doesn't matter how well you mean in the end if a car is damaged, while trying to take better care of it. Might as well leave it alone.

speaking business wise, the car detailing/servicing business is quite a money maker if done decently...only problem aparently is labor (as per clean park management)

This is pretty obvious IMHO. It's those workers, and their carefulness/carelessness that will either make or break your reputation.

Edited by Memphis

speaking business wise, the car detailing/servicing business is quite a money maker if done decently...only problem aparently is labor (as per clean park management)

depends on the area too. If its a place with lots of car sales etc along side it works too

While we are on the topic of 'avoiding' certain places, guys around Negombo should avoid that place just after the Thelwattha junction. I was reluctant to take my car for interior detailing, but since Hola recommended I thought I'd take a chance. It turned out to be a nightmare...

The first (and the last) time I put my car there, they cracked the power shutter switch panel. The shitty thing is that after repairing it with 'super glue' and putting it back on-the-sly, they started pretending it never happened. Since it came down to the situation of 'their word against mine', I called the manager and complained. That's about it, nothing after that. No talk of correcting the damage whatsoever.

The moral of the story is;

a. Do a lot of research before taking your ride for detailing, both interior or exterior.

b. Recommend places carefully to others (No hard feelings Hola, I know you meant well).

c. It doesn't matter how well you mean in the end if a car is damaged, while trying to take better care of it. Might as well leave it alone.

This is pretty obvious IMHO. It's those workers, and their carefulness/carelessness that will either make or break your reputation.

Yeah machang, i completly agree with you. We should have carefully monitred the whole thing. Its just the 6 hours made us go out of there. I met them again on Saturday and they never accpeted it, i asked for a small claim. Trust me they are good, its just maybe they were doing a trial and error thing on the Cynos as I bet they never had touched a car like this....

Hmmm advice & recommendations is a dangerous thing. (in the wrong hands)

:D I totaly agree.

But seriously i dont like this whole interior cleaning thing, they strip the whole car inside to out and wash it. And it might be hurting the rubber beadings, plastic parts which are intacts very strong etc. I think magic stain removers and vacuming is better

• 4 years later...

Elvis, tried to use Siji's number on this thread but found it to be invalid. Would you mind re posting Siji's contact details please !

Sejji goes by a new name Plush....his service is in Kirulapona now....opposite Nations Trust Bank Kohuwala

• 6 months later...

guys my car is due for a good polish and wax. with all the new joints in colombo these days, any recommendations?

last went to p*tstop and was not happy. they had pressed too hard with the orbital buffer and had left marks buffer marks on the paint. looked terrible on my black car. how is Kl**n Park these days? and Plush?

I voted YES although on the odd cool day I would wash the car just so I get wet :P

When I do get it done from outside, it's basically whatever that is needed at the time. Sometimes the full detail, otherwise a wash and vacuum.

In regards, to RWD's post I recommend Auto Miraj Nawala. I don't know about the other branches because each one is managed individually. They do a very good job and if there is any problem take the car back and they will do it again! I have taken it back a couple of times because they hadn't cleaned inside thoroughly. Now they make sure a good job is done otherwise they know the car is coming back. The supervisor there also does his job. Not sit on a chair and order people about.

I have also had good experiences with Kleen Park, although they are out of the way so don't tend to go there often. The quick clean at Odel is good.

Magcity is a no no, with rude and unprofessional staff. Only once I went there, and when I sent the car back because inside hadn't been cleaned properly, he had the nerve to tell me I will be charged for a vacuum. Regardless after a big ha-ho they did it, but still not upto standard.

guys my car is due for a good polish and wax. with all the new joints in colombo these days, any recommendations?

last went to p*tstop and was not happy. they had pressed too hard with the orbital buffer and had left marks buffer marks on the paint. looked terrible on my black car. how is Kl**n Park these days? and Plush?

a friend who owns a black mark X has been quite content with KleenPark detailing...

Mag city is terrible, dont even think of going there. Kleen Park is difficult to go to and its a little too crowded and they don't pay much attention unless its a fancy vehicle. Auto Miraj Nawala is good ( not perfect ) but most of the other mushroom joints cannot be relied upon.

Basic problem is most guys working in a car wash/ auto detail place have no idea about how to properly care for a care, they are there to earn the day's pay and that's it. I usually do it myself but its not easy to find the time.

• 4 months later...

Got the BMW cut and polished over the weekend as DIY can only do so much and sooner or later you need mechanized support. Went to AutoMiraj in Nawala as it was recommnded but I must say that I was not 100% pleased with the workmanship. I am still rubbing off the rather heavy swirlmarks put on there by a malfunctioning buffing machine.

Never again. Going to save up and go pro and buy one of them orbital buffers.

Got the BMW cut and polished over the weekend as DIY can only do so much and sooner or later you need mechanized support. Went to AutoMiraj in Nawala as it was recommnded but I must say that I was not 100% pleased with the workmanship. I am still rubbing off the rather heavy swirlmarks put on there by a malfunctioning buffing machine.

I might be getting a pneumatic random orbital buffer! :)

Edited by Ripper

Woulda said try Pitstop. No idea on cost and no personal experience, but I was watching this dude doing a Z4 while I was there for something else, he took a lot of care, and a lotta time. Seemed to do the job right.