• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Conversions

Elvis_Pil

that sounds very reasoable - why dont u go for it machan?

Yeah i refered to velocity too, and he told usualy the lips cost 25k only in pfp form , which means not painted. This guys paints for my body color too. I anyway ordred my mesh grill which was only 5k which is cheap becuase ebay wants 54 dollers for purchsing and shiping which is comes in pfp.

Can U guys get back to the original topic of this thread Plssssssss ! I think it was "Modified Fest 2007" B)

If you reply is OT just create a new thread with a meaningful topic name and post it with a link to that thread.

Tx,

Sorry boss, we should have discussed that in this thread :(

Apologies from Hola! Madz, can we move the last content to that thread?

i fully agree with u on é waste in buying unregistered vehicles - its silly to pay 4 milliion for allion or premio with a engine less than 2.0L when u can buy a much better performing BMW for that kind of money! true u may pay a little more for maintainance but they performe & drive so much better

but my worry with these conversions is machan about how legal it is? :huh:

cuz 2.0L & over vehicles need to pay luxury tax - when u take a 1.3L lancer basically all ur using is é chassis & engine number né - all esle will be different ya? so inessence u've got a good fast nice car - but its not what it says in é "book"/ registration papers - which there by makes it illegal neda? :huh:

but if they are gonna change the engine numbers officially and get é car re-weighed & make é chnges known & officially update é papers - then it will be fully worth it & it'll be very good thing :)

lucky we are in SL dude :) no ones gonna pop up the bonnet and ask ya what the engine is etc.. cuz there is no one skilled in the govt to that yeah? i ve got a question too.. now take that we get down a petrol variant of a particular car here and to avoid taxes etc. we switch the engine afterwards to a diesel variant.. are the diesel engines taxed proportionately to that of the diesel vehicles or would the cost be way lower?

Zz

don't be too fast to judge on the govt officials. when you go for a vehicle transfer, sometimes they can call for an inspection. if your engine no does not match whats on your book. then you have a bit of explaining to do.

it's not as straight forward where you say you changed your engine. you have to show documentation on the engine purchase/change etc. there is a bit of red tape involved.

as for petrol to diesel conversions, i believe this is what the 325 number represents. don't know aobout the taxes involved.

don't be too fast to judge on the govt officials. when you go for a vehicle transfer, sometimes they can call for an inspection. if your engine no does not match whats on your book. then you have a bit of explaining to do.

it's not as straight forward where you say you changed your engine. you have to show documentation on the engine purchase/change etc. there is a bit of red tape involved.

as for petrol to diesel conversions, i believe this is what the 325 number represents. don't know aobout the taxes involved.

well i dunno whether 325/ is used for that purpose as well... but ma friend has got a opel astra with 325/ plates and the reason is becuase his car was previously registered under diplomat's (some embassy) number and later it was sold to them... but anyway now that the number(dash) system is scrapped(or?) what would replace such 325/ cases?

well i dunno whether 325/ is used for that purpose as well... but ma friend has got a opel astra with 325/ plates and the reason is becuase his car was previously registered under diplomat's (some embassy) number and later it was sold to them... but anyway now that the number(dash) system is scrapped(or?) what would replace such 325/ cases?

hmmm FZ & FX numbrs are now used for decommisioned DPL & Consular Corps vehicles - so if they used 325- for such vehicles in é past ( i'm not sold on that theory yet :huh: cuz i was pretty sure it was reserved for registration of engine/fuel source based conversions)

but if u convert a old pre english numbers vehicle even today , u still get é old 325-

@all those who r trying to justify n condone enigine swaps - inspect or not , é concept of Ethics seems to be lost out here... ~sigh~ :(

I really dont see whats so unethical about an engine swap??

engine swap is perefectly fine :)

its if é changes are updated in é books & é resultant taxes are paid that é ethical part....

...cuz under normal circumstances engines are replaced with é same specification when they cease as a result of a mechanical malfunction...

but here its been replaced with one from another vehicle & almost always a higher capacity - which would put it into é luxury car bracket - which equates to a fairly sizable Tax!! :blink:

-if someone is gonna declare é engine change to é RMV & then go from there - that would be é right n admirable thing to do...

....but does that happen with all these "conversions"....? :huh:

engine swap is perefectly fine :)

its if é changes are updated in é books & é resultant taxes are paid that é ethical part....

...cuz under normal circumstances engines are replaced with é same specification when they cease as a result of a mechanical malfunction...

but here its been replaced with one from another vehicle & almost always a higher capacity - which would put it into é luxury car bracket - which equates to a fairly sizable Tax!! :blink:

-if someone is gonna declare é engine change to é RMV & then go from there - that would be é right n admirable thing to do...

....but does that happen with all these "conversions"....? :huh:

Engine swaps are done all over the world and I really dont think books are changed everytime its ok as long as the emissions are legal. so why should it be any different in SL??

Luxary tax? these are used engines going into 10 year plus cars.

Engine swaps are done all over the world and I really dont think books are changed everytime its ok as long as the emissions are legal. so why should it be any different in SL??

Luxary tax? these are used engines going into 10 year plus cars.

becaus the legislation pertaining to such issues in Sri Lanka is different!!

é engines being thrown in are those which are imported from Japan - used or otherwise makes no difference - cuz engines that ar imported are not taxed according to é capacity - and who knows if these engines have been imported legally even...

even if they have been it still doesnt make it right to pass off a 2.0L car as a 1.3L when all others who have ligit cars have had to pay anywhere around 50,000 per annum as tax over the first 5/10 yrs of ownership!

i'm not saying é govt is right to charge exhorbitant taxes or is even using them for any useful purpose,aside that of splurging on creature comforts for themselves, - but it still isnt fair for a group to not pay it n yet run vehicles in thats same class..

but from a more sensible standpoint , é fact that most cars are over 10yrs makes it jus a tad permissable..

Q: in addition to é engine , do they change é drive layotu - as in these are FF's with MIVEC's or proper AWD?

Guys since we are on the topic of engine conversions,

Could somebody pls advise me, if you change the engine of your car with a newer, but basically the exact same engine type, engine so its a straight 1 to 1 swap, how do you go about getting your book updated with the new engine number ?

Regards,

The Don

Guys since we are on the topic of engine conversions,

Could somebody pls advise me, if you change the engine of your car with a newer, but basically the exact same engine type, engine so its a straight 1 to 1 swap, how do you go about getting your book updated with the new engine number ?

Regards,

The Don

you need the purchase reciept for your new engine and then need to take the car into é RMV & have the car re-weighed

its not as straight forward as all that though i'm told - é RMV is a typical govt dept. - os nothing is ever that simple

go in there beffore hand & go via someone who knows é place n ppl there inorder to get é most accurate info

bribery in personally not endorsed but its a known fact that greasing of palms is necessary or in é very least, common place to get things done at é RMV