• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Mini-comments Please

miniace

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post comments about the Pajero Mini.Im about to buy one.Its a 1996 model,late regd (2000) GH series and 1000cc.

For that money isn't it better to go for a car :) but it looks nice for a small second vehicle!

A 1000cc engine will be horrible if you are to pull with 4 people in it. btw is it a turbo?

Its normally aspirated.Price is 1.16M.

About the 1000cc issue,mind you that has massive pulling power and 4WD too.Good engine performance.Sounds economical on fuel too.Need to know about the availability of spares.

One last thing,The regd book says "bought from auction" where Brand New or Recon is indicated.guess this is bought from customs auction.Any idea about this??

Its normally aspirated.Price is 1.16M.

About the 1000cc issue,mind you that has massive pulling power and 4WD too.Good engine performance.Sounds economical on fuel too.Need to know about the availability of spares.

One last thing,The regd book says "bought from auction" where Brand New or Recon is indicated.guess this is bought from customs auction.Any idea about this??

If you are happy with its performance, thats all what's needed. Since this model is not common here parts

may not be available widely, specially the body parts. Better if you could contact J*pan Lan*a or any other

spare part dealer & check.

Hola & my brother checked the new Pajero mini with a turbo engine & the Jimmy few months ago, i can't remember the prices now.

If you are happy with its performance, thats all what's needed. Since this model is not common here parts

may not be available widely, specially the body parts. Better if you could contact J*pan Lan*a or any other

spare part dealer & check.

Hola & my brother checked the new Pajero mini with a turbo engine & the Jimmy few months ago, i can't remember the prices now.

Thanks bro for the info provided.Didnt know Hola checked one.will contact him.thanks again for the quick reply.

Pajero Mini is not bad. Engine is enough since the vehicle is light and small. If the vehicle was well maintained there shouldn't be any major problems.

Since the vehicle is light, the ride is a bit hard/bumpy. You really feel it.

Bought from Auct. means that it has been bought from the Customs Auctions hence the newer registration.

Look for rust since it might have been lying in port with the sea breeze.

Check Delkanda for parts.

Pajero Mini is not bad. Engine is enough since the vehicle is light and small. If the vehicle was well maintained there shouldn't be any major problems.

Since the vehicle is light, the ride is a bit hard/bumpy. You really feel it.

Bought from Auct. means that it has been bought from the Customs Auctions hence the newer registration.

Look for rust since it might have been lying in port with the sea breeze.

Check Delkanda for parts.

I agree. The engine although small has adequate pulling power. Drove one with three other guys

in the car and it was fine. ( Adequate anyway )

The owner of it ( Also a GH plate ) swears by the fuel efficiency. ( 11 - 13 per km )

Thanks Milindu,Shai!

You are correct about the bumpy ride.Need to replace the shocks.No corrosion spotted.Im commited to buy now :D

All the best machan. Pls post some pics once you get it.

Thanks Milindu,Shai!

You are correct about the bumpy ride.Need to replace the shocks.No corrosion spotted.Im commited to buy now :D

Check the prices of spares first........ a friend of mine had to replace shocks and sold the car instead of buying the shocks when he got to know the price of spares.......

Otherwise the normally aspirated engine should last longer than the turbo.

Check the prices of spares first........ a friend of mine had to replace shocks and sold the car instead of buying the shocks when he got to know the price of spares.......

Otherwise the normally aspirated engine should last longer than the turbo.

:blink: must have been an Extreme figure then..... what was the car?

:blink: must have been an Extreme figure then..... what was the car?

It was a Pajero Mini... which he had bought Unreg.... agents quoted him over 25k per corner for the shocks and parts weren't available outside.... he took it as sign of things to come so decided to go for a Nissan with a little more space instead.... ;)

Pity about the GDI's in SL though, I have heard good things about the technology in a fuel efficiency point of view, but I guess it just doesn't go with whats available in SL.

Yes thats the sad part of it. Beggers cant be choosers...sad part of being in third world!

Since my inventory is minus the March K11 and wife's Mini 1000cc, there are plenty of space for another car :lol: or two ;)

hmmmm how abt a Black 2dr Cult classic from Nissan with a 3L engine ;)

GDis are proved a failure here now.Especially for SL users as Sulpher percentage in Gasoline is high here.

those GDI's were made to run on 98 - 101 Ocatne super unleaded in Japan

out here é fuel pump has a lifespan of 150,000km's at best - said to be costly to repair so watch out... :mellow: