• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Engine For Maruti Gypsy

Kim

good stuff San4x4 :)

the 90 looks awesome :)

i'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms right now as i've put me 110CSW in for some tinkering work and a repaint... :mellow:

what are the components your using for the space frame / roll cage?

apart from the chassis most of the ridgidity is maintained by the bulkhead and those bolt on pannels on the Landy's as you probably know so make sure you have enough beams on the pace frame to keep it tight :)

look forward to more pictures

also why switch to a japanese engine?? :huh: it would have been much easier if you worked with a 300Tdi né?

also may i know what kind of engine your 110 was running prior to stripping it?

Even I wanted to ask about the Tommy project.Dont take me wrong machan but your space framed project material arrangement and type doesnt look healthy to me.

As Dev Z mentioned instability and poor weight distribution is the main killer of projects.Thats why I warned you about Gypsy engine selection.I have very bad expeiriences.Post pics and experts like Dev Z will help you out :D

@ Devinda machan sorry to state that no cure for the 110CSW syndrome :lol: Im a victim too. :lol: Get her outa the garage before you go kill the tinker in sleep :violent-smiley-030:

good stuff San4x4 :)

the 90 looks awesome :)

i'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms right now as i've put me 110CSW in for some tinkering work and a repaint... :mellow:

what are the components your using for the space frame / roll cage?

apart from the chassis most of the ridgidity is maintained by the bulkhead and those bolt on pannels on the Landy's as you probably know so make sure you have enough beams on the pace frame to keep it tight :)

look forward to more pictures

also why switch to a japanese engine?? :huh: it would have been much easier if you worked with a 300Tdi né?

also may i know what kind of engine your 110 was running prior to stripping it?

Machan when I got the 110 it came without an engine and the body was in critical condition. I decided to go for a 4dr6 turbo intercooler cause machan u know Japanese engines are reliable.

Machan check the link below (v went 2 yala last month )

ya u r really true most of the rigidity is up to the bulk head so i have used additional support bars to get the job done.

Even I wanted to ask about the Tommy project.Dont take me wrong machan but your space framed project material arrangement and type doesnt look healthy to me.

As Dev Z mentioned instability and poor weight distribution is the main killer of projects.Thats why I warned you about Gypsy engine selection.I have very bad expeiriences.Post pics and experts like Dev Z will help you out :D

@ Devinda machan sorry to state that no cure for the 110CSW syndrome :lol: Im a victim too. :lol: Get her outa the garage before you go kill the tinker in sleep :violent-smiley-030:

It is healthy macho / speciallythe front section of the vehicle/

roller cage is done by 2.5 iron GI pipes and now it has an outer roller cage for some additional strength.

In UK This is how the do it So I took the same measurements and steps.

IPB Image

2.5"Galvanized is a good way to go - but pls dont think of us as being wet blankets of any sort - but i concur with Mini about the structure and think you may wanna go in with a few more bars for additional support..

best option as you have wisely chosen is to stick by and replicate the Wildcat's tubular frame to the very same dimensions if possible - goole it - there ought to be specifics of the measurements out somewhere or the other..

as for the engine - Jap engines maybe reliable and cheap but its a tad fussy when mounting the whole thing as the engine mounts will not align and the drive shafts need to be shortened etc

it would have been better i still feel if you had retained a Land Rover full time 4WD set up - i'm a bit of a stickler for retaining originalty so pardon me if i come off sounding indifferent..

anyways its good to see someone outside the big names engaging in such a project :)

awesome vids machan - the Grey 90 looks very cool - running a 12J Turbo is it?

shame abt the water ingress but didnt look too serious - after all em Landy's keep motoring along :D

this San4x4 IS doing the job him self, i was asking him where he goes to get the things done, and i was amazed :o with his answer! it seems he does all the welding, fixing, measuring, cutting, ALL the A to Z work him self!

WOW! i have plans for a jeep too, but then will take some time! found a guy for help, who sits next to me in office :P OH yea!

as for the engine - Jap engines maybe reliable and cheap but its a tad fussy when mounting the whole thing

anyways its good to see someone outside the big names engaging in such a project :)

awesome vids machan - the Grey 90 looks very cool - running a 12J Turbo is it?

Of course not machan I really appreciate u guys genuine ideas. It is good to go for the original always so i look after my d-90 in that way but talking about this project I only need power to keep the wheels going.

ya machan my grey landy got a 12j turbo one.

Of course not machan I really appreciate u guys genuine ideas. It is good to go for the original always so i look after my d-90 in that way but talking about this project I only need power to keep the wheels going.

ya machan my grey landy got a 12j turbo one.

thats the spirit machan :) its good to "keep it real"

i'm extatic that another fellow Land Rover owner is on the forum -

hmmm for the Project you right any motor would do but for some serious power - why not source the 3.5L Rover V8 & stick an Eldbrook Carb on it :D

hope to hear more from you and of the progress on the project machan!

hmmm for the Project you right any motor would do but for some serious power - why not source the 3.5L Rover V8 & stick an Eldbrook Carb on it :D

Machan here in srilanka when it says off road water crossing is essential so V8 petrol engines are not good when it comes to deal with water. so machan u got a 90 or a 110?

i run a 110 County Station Wagon - 12j N/A with a R380 box - quite a rare configuration

fully tropicalized and currently getting a full once over :) - miss it desperately :(

Thats a common syndrome...rapidly spreading..no cure or medicines :lol:

• 17 years later...