• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yamaha Day

shamitz

Some nice machines were officially on display + more nice machines (Yamaha & others) arrived in the hands of some visitors.

Just thought I'd share some pics with anyone who's interested ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by shamitz

shamitz if it isn't too much trouble could you email the pics to

[email protected]

cheers dude

Sure bro .. Will do

nice pics man - so there are 2 R1's according to your pics ya?

also how have they been registered here? :blink:

those last few pics are of what Yamaha/A*W have brought down merely to display right?

where was this meet held?

Yup there were 2 R1s ... the black & gold was A*W's 2006 R1 SP with Marchesini Wheels , ohlins forks , slipper clutch ..etc (limited edition) .. The other bike belonged to a guy who visited .. Yeah I guess it was registered as a 250

This meet was at union place, the grounds near the vauxal street turnoff

hmmm wans't there a Red-ish one as well...

i believe that black and gold was some limited edition or something ya? :huh:

I think the Redish R1 was sent back by A*W

Yeah the Black & gold is a limited edition (probably 500 units)

good to see you bikerboyz doing well and organizing events like this.....keep up the good work ;)

Yeah

Gotta thank A-M-W for organizing the event ;) and also the bikerboyz who attended & contributed to success of it.

yes it does :) download ghost rider movies and you'll see that limit hit numerous times...

shamitz i got your email... thanks machan...

Anytime machan .. dont mention it ;)

Yeah

Gotta thank A-M-W for organizing the event ;) and also the bikerboyz who attended & contributed to success of it.

Anytime machan .. dont mention it ;)

if you guys need any help from us ... please feel free to ask anytime..... ;)

if you guys need any help from us ... please feel free to ask anytime..... ;)

Thanks machan!! Appreciate the offer very much :)

how come?? :blink: factory recall da? :huh:

Spoke to one of the sales people at yamaha that day. He said that the redish bike was brought for display purpose only for a specific time period. he also said that this black & gold bike + the others were brought on the same conditions, but will be here for a longer period than the previous lot.

But there's rumors of a factory kitted R6 coming down for their official rider. supposed to be coming with govt. approval.

Edited by shamitz

Thanks machan!! Appreciate the offer very much :)

Spoke to one of the sales people at yamaha that day. He said that the redish bike was brought for display purpose only for a specific time period. he also said that this black & gold bike + the others were brought on the same conditions, but will be here for a longer period than the previous lot.

But there's rumors of a factory kitted R6 coming down for their official rider. supposed to be coming with govt. approval.

that sounds promising - but in spite of its aggressive looks , doesn't the r6 run a smaller motor? :huh:

so if they are getting official authorization on the context of using for motor sport wouldn't it make more sense to get the big kahuna R1 straigh off in legit form? :blink:

or is the category/class for races different? :huh:

that sounds promising - but in spite of its aggressive looks , doesn't the r6 run a smaller motor? :huh:

so if they are getting official authorization on the context of using for motor sport wouldn't it make more sense to get the big kahuna R1 straigh off in legit form? :blink:

or is the category/class for races different? :huh:

Not sure what a-m-w's reasons for this is

But my guess is that they want to put a yamaha on top in the 600cc class + the open class, in which a certain young privateer on a honda cbr600rr currently dominates ;). Also if you noticed, most roadrace meets only have upto 600cc class & its only katukurunda & pannala which have the 1000cc class or an open/unlimited event.

Also, if u take a R1, there's not much competiton in the 1000cc class. Mainly cos most people cant afford to race one & not all those who can afford to buy em wanna race em & also not all people who own em can ride em to their full potential.

Also I feel that a 1000cc maybe too much for our tracks, cos last time at katu, Maduranga Caldera claimed that he could only get to 5th gear & touch 280Km/h on his tweaked up 2K R1, and in a previous race another euro spec modified R1 could only manage get 169Mph on 4th gear @12000rpm at katu (from cobbs corner exit to a little past 100M mark at the end of the main straight).

Meanwhile the 600s utilize all 6 gears on full revs & also are able to carry much faster corner speeds & also much more timid with regards to power delivery.

So I guess that makes the R6 a more practical bike, even for the open class in our country.

But then again .. this is just my opinion :D

Edited by shamitz

Not sure what a-m-w's reasons for this is

But then again .. this is just my opinion :D

Hay Shamitz....... :alc: glad to see u here... good to have the biker dudes in too....... me now a converted car pissa..... but still love the bikes.... should meet up man..... ( Ya I know I've beeen saying that for ages...)

Hope u know whi this is....... :D

Cheers

Hay Shamitz....... :alc: glad to see u here... good to have the biker dudes in too....... me now a converted car pissa..... but still love the bikes.... should meet up man..... ( Ya I know I've beeen saying that for ages...)

Hope u know whi this is....... :D

Cheers

Yeah I know who this is ... u r the guy who had the mazda interplay & the suzuki gs125 .. right ? :D

and u r also the guy who dropped my tzr250 trying to ride it in front of yr house.. right ? :P

Dude yr other good friend who drives the red march was also sayin we should meet up & catch up on old times ;) .. so lets do that .. gimme a call..

btw .. pila called today & said he is riding a honda crm at mahagastote ... also de-costa is plannin on getting back to racing .. he bought a honda rs250 again. ... the dudes were askin bout u.. give em a call too .

cheers

Edited by shamitz

i too think a 600cc is a good all rounder and i've always been a huge fan of the R6 and kawa ZX6R... and it's true people are a lot more confident handling a smaller bike around corners... the R1 leaves everyone eating dust on the straights in the open catogery but loses its lead on the goose neck at katu...

also maybe A*W couldn't justify the cost of racing and maintaining an R1...

also maybe A*W couldn't justify the cost of racing and maintaining an R1...

just a random bike related question - when you speak of maintainance costs, what kinda numbers are we looking at? :huh:

and in comparison to a car of the same class , a bike would have far less mechanicals to deal with,so what sort of maintainance work is required on bikes? and what type of time intervals apply to em? :huh:

just a random bike related question - when you speak of maintainance costs, what kinda numbers are we looking at? :huh:

and in comparison to a car of the same class , a bike would have far less mechanicals to deal with,so what sort of maintainance work is required on bikes? and what type of time intervals apply to em? :huh:

Instead of explainng in terms of cost, I can give u a rough idea in terms of replacements in the local scenario,

The R1 eats up rubber during races & thats where the most frequent expenditure is. 1 rear tyre per race :D

The front tyre & brake-pads may last for 2 or at most 3 races

An oil change with filter replacement per race. (the R1 uses the same oil filter as the Nissan march K11)

chain & sprockets every 3-4 races.

A clean up to the carbs , airbox+filter, brakes & stuff

The rest is as & when needed but generally stays longer.

The 600s have more lifetime on the tyres & final drive, but the engines last less longer cos u rev much higher.

Cost varies depending on the brands/quality of parts u use.

Edited by shamitz