• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Comments About Yesterdays Accident At Induruwa

Velocity

What I've noticed since of late down South is that the traffic cops come down very hard on cars and vans going over 50 but simply ignore speeding busses and lorries. One cop actually waved to a bus that went speeding by while his OIC was writing out the speeding Charge sheet for me. (Yes they actually had a table by the side of the road with a constable and the traffic OIC himself there writing charge sheets...... :lol: )

Didn't bother wasting my breath asking them whether they didn't think that the bus was speeding......

Some companies in Sri Lanka (mostly multinationals who have to follow their corporate rules) have mandatory advanced driving training for their heavy vehicle drivers and some even have motion detectors fitted to their lorrys which actually monitor and record each journey. If a driver is found to be speeding, braking excessively or driving erraticaly he gets the sack immediately. When I first heard about this I thought it a bit excessive, but I guess its better for all concerned if more transporters follow suit.

Edited by nira74

Its the truck tank exploded this time I heard.

The problem was the bus windows had parllel window guard bars and that space in between is not enough to use as an exit.All escaped only through front and rear windows.

I always wondered why they put that damn bar in front of the window...was there ever an epidemic of ppl breaking into SLTB (CTB) busses? it was only good when I was riding footboard, something else to grab onto.

Good to hear that Lion Brewery has "volunteered" to help out the relations of the victims... its only logical that they should do it... would it be right to say that most of the fatal accidents are caused by buses and trucks in comparison to cars?

Zz

heard' dat the truck driver was working on 24 hours without considerable rest.

- in order to cover the stock transfers to 'be ready with new year, even if so will the responsible authorities let know of this to public? :(

I'm pretty sure these leyland vikings HAVE an emergency exit.. its right oposite the read door (on the other side of the bus).. but the lack of knowledge about it and the heat of the moment would make anyone loose their senses about it. i sawthe pictures ofthe bodies, and felt really bad... sadest accident i've seen in my life..