• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Xbox360 Or Ps3 Owners In Sri Lanka?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

are there any xbox360 or ps3 owners in sri lanka? If so where did u purchase the systems from and where are you getting your games?

hi dude, i have a 360, got mine in UK.....need to get mine fixed...no one here....except for some shady places....

as for games, u can get both from n*st*rs for both 360 n' ps3. but they orig..so costly, also chk if ur sys wil take this games, (region, pal/ntsc)...

hi dude, i have a 360, got mine in UK.....need to get mine fixed...no one here....except for some shady places....

as for games, u can get both from n*st*rs for both 360 n' ps3. but they orig..so costly, also chk if ur sys wil take this games, (region, pal/ntsc)...

oh kewl... but the system itself isn't available in sri lanka right? i wonder whether its available in india... (uk is too far lol)

hey guys,

are there any xbox360 or ps3 owners in sri lanka? If so where did u purchase the systems from and where are you getting your games?

hi i too have a 360 bought it from nastras... but wanted to buy the Ps3 they were askin 125000 for it.. so bought the 360 instead :(

I have both and I got them from Canada….. if you are looking for a gaming consol go for PS3 …. Sick graphics …. ;)

how much does a HD TV cost in SL thesedays ? infact do we get LCD TV's yet and what are the prices like ?

i have no idea but if you wanna buy a tv for gaming don't buy plasma. buy a Sony Bravia LCD 52 inch. that one is a sick TV and it support 1080p 1080i both through HDMI cable....fantastic graphics...i'll post some pictures of my system later ..... ;)

hi i too have a 360 bought it from nastras... but wanted to buy the Ps3 they were askin 125000 for it.. so bought the 360 instead :(

is this available with the agents? And have anyone sen this in Duty Free?

how much does a HD TV cost in SL thesedays ? infact do we get LCD TV's yet and what are the prices like ?

im sure there are LCD TV's in SL. i too am curious to know the price tag. anyone??????

i have no idea but if you wanna buy a tv for gaming don't buy plasma. buy a Sony Bravia LCD 52 inch. that one is a sick TV and it support 1080p 1080i both through HDMI cable....fantastic graphics...i'll post some pictures of my system later ..... ;)

agree, BUT Bravia's are insanly expencinve compared to other competitive jap brands

im sure there are LCD TV's in SL. i too am curious to know the price tag. anyone??????

agree, BUT Bravia's are insanly expencinve compared to other competitive jap brands

Roughly Rs220000/= to Rs350000/= range

Roughly Rs220000/= to Rs350000/= range

sony bravia 52 inch LCD HDMI TV Roughly Rs220000/= to Rs350000/= range :blink: ..... tha's dammm cheap man :blink: .... over here $7000 dammm :blink:

Edited by dillongt

sony bravia 52 inch LCD HDMI TV Roughly Rs220000/= to Rs350000/= range :blink: ..... tha's dammm cheap man :blink: .... over here $7000 dammm :blink:

no no...... i think dey talkin...da 30 inch n' 40 inch ones...know 4 sure dat da lg 42 inch plasma...is some Rs400k/-....n' lcd is more deffa if sony....

i guess 52 inch will be closer to a mil......think theres a lg 60 inch(but plasma again) for 1 mil plus...

most retailers dont import more than....42 inch of da jap brnds i think...cause of high price...but can get on order...

pioneer leads 4 plasma....(i kno little abt lcd).....i hav a 43...picture...is to die 4......

@agitha: dude get in touch...ma contacts r on ma profile...nice 2 kno another 360 owner...how much u pay 4 dat..?

Would be cheaper if you buy yourself a decent projector with a screen nah? :) and for the left over cash .. probably a surround sound system.. i doubt whether most of the projectors are hdmi compliant though..

Zz

Would be cheaper if you buy yourself a decent projector with a screen nah? :) and for the left over cash .. probably a surround sound system.. i doubt whether most of the projectors are hdmi compliant though..

Zz

i doubt you'll get the same quality of a LCD TV from a projector or am i wrong?

42' for 300,000 is bit expencive in my book.

speeddemon200 where did you buy your plasma from????

Edited by xXx

agreed... you wont get the same quality as per the LCD but it all depends on factors such as the quality of the projector, projector screen, environment etc.. its all too complicated and much more simpler if you buy a tv.. lol.. in my case, i would want the output to be of acceptable quality rather than superb quality.. gotta think about ya wallet too yeah?

Sony has released this transparent tv.. i aint sure about the validity of this but I have seen a few pictures which is astounding.. the entire tv is supposedly made ought of transparent material except the projection unit.. would cost the better half of ya body if it were to be purchased..

I did remember visiting a site relating to projectors and it claimed that it had Hi-Def quality video output.. cant really remember the site though.. sorry..

Zz

do you think the country which its assembled count for the price?

i doubt you'll get the same quality of a LCD TV from a projector or am i wrong?

42' for 300,000 is bit expencive in my book.

speeddemon200 where did you buy your plasma from????

There is a cheaper alternative which people in the north American continent might be familiar with. DLP rear projection technology. Some of those DLP (texas instruments licensed technology) tv's have CRAAAZY SICK displays some even on par with Sony Bravia's (comparing to the 42 inch X series - my dad bought it for my big bro in Sydney as a present - hope he drops it and breaks it he he lol - ok im a lil jealous).

Anyways, these DLP's in the US were going for as low as 2000$ compared to bravia's going for around 4000$. The pic quality was sooo good compared to other rear projection technologies. however, it had a problem with the bulb burning out in the early models. Some good ones were from samsung.

Sadly, our idiots in Sri Lanka are not bringing them down dunno why. i'm sure it'll be a cheaper alternative to LCD's and people might actually see the value and buy them over lcd's and plasmas. You guys really need to see a DLP to truly appreciate the value for money.

A dealer in SL is trying to sell me a 1080i 42inch plasma with DVR (video recorder implemented using a built in 80 gig HDD) for 350k which is 150k every where else in the world. Its a crime - i dunno whether Electronics truly have 100% tax or whether our dealers are monopolizing the market as not too many small importers can afford to bring in products that less than 1% of the population is interested in.

Bottom line, you can get a decent "high-def" (not really 1080p stuff but it will have to do until we get better stuff) LCD (32 inch) for 150k and a nice-enough 42inch plasma for 300k.

I'm currently inquiring about bringing down the new 42inch Sony Bravia X series. If i succeed, i'll post with some nice pics :)

Too bad i cant connect a PS3 into my 30inch Dell LCD (there are no HDMI to dual-link DVI converters in existence yet; there are HDMI to Single-Link DVIs but the damn monitor's resolution which is 2560x1600 requires dual-link). If not i would've used that and been soo happy :D

32' LCD for 150K is still a rip off in my book. What brand is it???

Other day I did see a projection TV with very good picture quality. I didn't bother to inquire about the technology as I’ve heard lot of bad reviews about projection TV's.

Should do bit of research on the DLP thing

32' LCD for 150K is still a rip off in my book. What brand is it???

Other day I did see a projection TV with very good picture quality. I didn't bother to inquire about the technology as I’ve heard lot of bad reviews about projection TV's.

Should do bit of research on the DLP thing

LG / Samsung for 150k - 190k. Sony for over 200k (probably much more now).

Hey guys just be careful when buying a new High Definition TV as it should support HDCP.

If not, you might not be able to watch High def discs from your new PS3 or any other high def dvd player in full resolution. HDCP is a new digital content management protocol. Hence, If HDCP is not implemented by the TV, you will not be able to see high def stuff @ their full resolution - instead, they will display the image in lower quality standard definition thus defeating the entire purpose of having a hi-def tv and hi-def player.

follow this link for more information. Hope nonaya'll dropped mad dough for a hidef tv prior to 06....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,122738-page,1/article.html

ot be honest im not too fussed about hidef. i never buy orginal DVD's llet alone bluerays and i'll never buy a game console as im not that much in to gaming. plus there arn't any hidef TV cahnnels in SL.

i got all da above mentioned gizmos frm UK.

if ya lukin for future proofin n' versatality...better 2 go 4 a pioneer...they pack da most into their tvs. i got mine in mid '05...it has hdcp...1024x768 resolution....i've used 1080i on it 2...even a 5 system tuner supportin ntsc...which is rare in a TV found on da UK market....(i know dats goin a bit far as we dont use ntsc, jus shows how much useful featurs tho)....n' da same size sony was da same price as my tv at da time...

sony's just luk gud...featurewise...dey got features dat are standard 2 dat market ne ways....

i've seen DLPs gud picture....just too bulky...unlike a nice flatpanel.

http://pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/62/63/413/overview.html

this is my tv: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/archi...5XDE/index.html