• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

"aravinda`s Ferrari Crashed By A Speed Bike.." Is This True..?

MrCat

Hi All,

I got these set of pics in a mail under the topic "Aravinda`s Ferrari crashed by a speed bike".. Just thought of posting the pics for u all, but i`m not sure wedr this is ture or not.. :ninja:

Any of u know anything about this..?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

this is AD's (thanks for the correction guys) old Ferrari...and this happened about 4 years ago, if i'm not mistaken. The car had been sold to a well known business magnate...and the bike was being ridden by one of our well known Musicians/guitarists. He had quite a few broken bones after that accident, but was back on his feet again soon enough.

All happened at the Galle Rd exit of a once-popular nightclub Cas*ades.

Edited by gunat

this is AP's old Ferrari...and this happened about 4 years ago, if i'm not mistaken. The car had been sold to a well known business magnate...and the bike was being ridden by one of our well known Musicians/guitarists. He had quite a few broken bones after that accident, but was back on his feet again soon enough.

you r right machan...2002

this is AP's old Ferrari...and this happened about 4 years ago, if i'm not mistaken. The car had been sold to a well known business magnate...and the bike was being ridden by one of our well known Musicians/guitarists. He had quite a few broken bones after that accident, but was back on his feet again soon enough.

Ahaa... So thats the explanation.. This is old news then, my baaad not so gud with identifing Ferraris.. :D , I can remember there were some talk about this accident some time back in another thread, but never knew these pics were of the same incident..

Anyways, is the car all repaired and runnin now..? This business guy still has it..?

Edited by MrCat

Damn, boys are on the ball at AL :D Just minutes into the post... :lol:

Yeah man, thats the F355. Old old pics. Stingray the current car is a 360M. At least, the current car in SL is a 360M :D

And Gunat, I think that was Aravinda De Silva's, not APs.

ummm, 360M Spyder, before anyone beats me up about it :)

Yes it happend a while ago when that business magnate crashed into the drummer who's bike was coming on the wrong lane. Or was it the other way around.

Anyway this car was sent to Singapore and 'repaired' and was last owned by a night club owner, but is at the Porsche show room, which is also owned by the business magnate who crashed it :D !!

Heard about this accident some time back but didnt know the damage was this bad.God..the band star had all the stars to be alive :o .

Thats for sure, I think the front crumple zones in the Ferrari must have taken a lot of the force out else I cannot see how somebody on a motor bike could have survived considering the state of his bike

I mean it must have hit at some force since even the doors are out of alignment and thats not the crumple zone !

The Don

such a beauty.. it will never age..

I was in the UK two wks ago and went to 2 Italian car fests. I saw many many gorgeous exotics. And loads of Ferraris. Not just saw but heard them rev to the red line, do sprints up a historic hill, flat out on a track etc.

There were Lambo V12s - Countach, Diablo and Murcs and V10s Gallardo, There were Ferrari V12s (Phew where do I start?) and flat 12s (TRs and BBs) and V6s (Dino). There were Ferrari V8s - 308/328s, 348t, F355, F360M and F430s.

But the best sound for me was the F355! only closely matched by the wastegate popping sound of a Lancia Delta Integrale.

I was in the UK two wks ago and went to 2 Italian car fests. I saw many many gorgeous exotics. And loads of Ferraris. Not just saw but heard them rev to the red line, do sprints up a historic hill, flat out on a track etc.

There were Lambo V12s - Countach, Diablo and Murcs and V10s Gallardo, There were Ferrari V12s (Phew where do I start?) and flat 12s (TRs and BBs) and V6s (Dino). There were Ferrari V8s - 308/328s, 348t, F355, F360M and F430s.

But the best sound for me was the F355! only closely matched by the wastegate popping sound of a Lancia Delta Integrale.

Where exactly was this GTAm?? Can't believe i missed it! Daim!

Where exactly was this GTAm?? Can't believe i missed it! Daim!

Bristol Italia Auto Moto Festival 28th April. And Auto Italia Magazine Italian car day at Brooklands (Mercedes handling track and display was at the old banked track and where the air craft are) in Surrey on 5th May.

very sorry for been nosy but im too tempted not to ask this question. who is this Diren chap who seems to own the F355 according to the previous thread?

'famous' playboy type. Used to be v wealthy. Runs "TRAMPS" night club now.

'famous' playboy type. Used to be v wealthy. Runs "TRAMPS" night club now.

WHAT!!!!!! LOL am I reading this correctly? Is there a Club in sri Lanka called TRAMPS? no pun intended but I hope it attracts alot of tramps. lol :lol:

btw if u didnt know

Pronunciation: 'tramp - a sexually promiscuous woman; prostitute.

• 11 months later...