• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

Nuwan007

Hi,

Thank you very much for all you guys. You guys are a lot of help for me.

If the car cost around 3.3-3.5 mil it is ok with me.

But the fuel consumption is the only thing that worries me. (as you guys said). Is it true the car only doing 7 km/l. It is very hard to believe that japanese car is having such rate of fuel consumption. :(

Thanks again for all you guys.

Regards,

Nuwan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thank you very much for all you guys. You guys are a lot of help for me.

If the car cost around 3.3-3.5 mil it is ok with me.

But the fuel consumption is the only thing that worries me. (as you guys said). Is it true the car only doing 7 km/l. It is very hard to believe that japanese car is having such rate of fuel consumption. :(

Thanks again for all you guys.

Regards,

Nuwan

Nuwan as I said before. A 1.5 liter car that is not overweight cannot consume so much fuel. There has to be something not right. IMHO it has to do at least 8km/l. I used to get 8 from my BMW 318i E36 before my Alfa. The E36 316i did almost 10km/L. So there has to be some problem with a Maz 3 that gives only 6.5.

Nuwan as I said before. A 1.5 liter car that is not overweight cannot consume so much fuel. There has to be something not right. IMHO it has to do at least 8km/l. I used to get 8 from my BMW 318i E36 before my Alfa. The E36 316i did almost 10km/L. So there has to be some problem with a Maz 3 that gives only 6.5.

Hi Guys,

I love this car. And i want to buy one ASAP. But with this fuel consumption rate and with the continuous increase of fuel prices i don’t think i can survive.

How ever does any one own a mazda 3 with 1.5 VVT engine.2006 and 2007 models has VVT I guess. I think those should have more efficient fuel consumption. At least 10 km/l.

Hi Guys,

I love this car. And i want to buy one ASAP. But with this fuel consumption rate and with the continuous increase of fuel prices i don’t think i can survive.

How ever does any one own a mazda 3 with 1.5 VVT engine.2006 and 2007 models has VVT I guess. I think those should have more efficient fuel consumption. At least 10 km/l.

My friend own a 2001 Mazda 323 hatch with 1500cc VVT engine and gets 10km/l.. I have the non VVT and I get 9km/l in Colombo..

Hi guys,

Just a word of advice. The company I work for has about 5 brandnew 3's bought from the agent. The first 4 were manuals and busted their suspension very quickly along with engine mounts - which were replaced under warrenty. The last one was a tiptronic and that busted its engine mounts after about 6k km's. Seems to be something weird with the brand new ones. The company disposed of the first two due to this fairly high unreliability.

Not really something you would expect from a brand new car.

Cheers,

MadMMx.

Hi guys,

Just a word of advice. The company I work for has about 5 brandnew 3's bought from the agent. The first 4 were manuals and busted their suspension very quickly along with engine mounts - which were replaced under warrenty. The last one was a tiptronic and that busted its engine mounts after about 6k km's. Seems to be something weird with the brand new ones. The company disposed of the first two due to this fairly high unreliability.

Cheers,

MadMMx.

Thas s some serious issue. MadMMx what was the manufacture year of those car. also do you have any idea of fuel consumption of that car,

chao

Hi guys,

Cheers,

MadMMx.

MADMMX, infact i am surprised to see your Post.

This is because my Mazda 3 was the First Car in SL and was brought brand new through the agents and I sold it after doing just 1200km. The Second owner had done almost 28000 km after that and Suddenly the Automatic Light Had Come On ( Its a Triptronic ). Just do not know why but it costed almost around 137,000 bucks for the repair.

:(

MADMMX, infact i am surprised to see your Post.

This is because my Mazda 3 was the First Car in SL and was brought brand new through the agents and I sold it after doing just 1200km. The Second owner had done almost 28000 km after that and Suddenly the Automatic Light Had Come On ( Its a Triptronic ). Just do not know why but it costed almost around 137,000 bucks for the repair.

:(

How about Axela(japanese domestic version). Does it have same issues like the brand new one in sri lanka other than the fuel efficiancy

How about Axela(japanese domestic version). Does it have same issues like the brand new one in sri lanka other than the fuel efficiancy

Hi guys,

It also seems to me that mazda axela has some serious issues. we have to think twice before buying it. :(

Actually the first two cars were bought about the time they were introduced here I think. The reg would have been jn XXXX . The tiptronic one was ke.... still not all that great. The fuel consumption was apparently 6-8ish on the manuals. Heard the tiptronic was worse. Have friends who use the jap domestic model without any issues so I would wonder whether the problems were with the brand new ones.

Cheers,

MadMMx.

i was talking to a person who is in showroom while my car was in service..

then she told me that all Mazda 3s wot they import are custom made for Sri Lanka... including suspension and all.. so she told me the car is lil high.. and they have fixed parts which suit sri lanka climate n conditions...

so parts differ :)

i was talking to a person who is in showroom while my car was in service..

then she told me that all Mazda 3s wot they import are custom made for Sri Lanka... including suspension and all.. so she told me the car is lil high.. and they have fixed parts which suit sri lanka climate n conditions...

so parts differ :)

custom made for sri lanka??? i think that's a bit of an exaggeration! the sri lankan market for axelas is barely large enough for them to bother custom desigining their suspension for our market I think!! :D they probably have a version made for shitty terrain or something..to be sent to places like thailand, indonesia, and basically the rest of asia that isn't japan or singapore I guess. the axelas that come to SL are made in Japan right? wonder why these brand new cars seem to be having a lot more problem than the recon imports ( at least that's what it sounds like given what you guys are saying). Wonder if the "customizations" they do to it has anything to do with it??

@ucscsades

according to what she told.. they ask for what they want..

cant remember the figure she told me how much they do import..

but she was like we do get what we want from the Mazda Company..

Sales ppl tell ya all kindsa things when trying to make the sale dude.

I hate it when they do that. Coz the engineers are the ones who have to deliver :P I remember sitting there and shaking my head while the sales dude promised all kindsa things to the client which were complete BS.

@ucscsades

according to what she told.. they ask for what they want..

cant remember the figure she told me how much they do import..

but she was like we do get what we want from the Mazda Company..

mmmmmm I'm partly in to selling too...... but not all sales dudes /dudet's are con artists...

On that Subject – if it was the lady at carmart – well then that’s a load of BS…… One of my friends is still waiting for the fogs she promised – they were out of stock but said that they will get it down and call him…..he’s still waiting…..

There may be a case then….. with the recon & the B/new ones….

Oh, not implying they are con-artists at all. Just that they are ready to promise anything for the sale. It gets delivered in the end coz the engineers have to work nights, while the sales dude is sleeping coz his job is done with the agreement.

custom made for sri lanka??? i think that's a bit of an exaggeration! the sri lankan market for axelas is barely large enough for them to bother custom desigining their suspension for our market I think!! :D they probably have a version made for shitty terrain or something..to be sent to places like thailand, indonesia, and basically the rest of asia that isn't japan or singapore I guess. the axelas that come to SL are made in Japan right? wonder why these brand new cars seem to be having a lot more problem than the recon imports ( at least that's what it sounds like given what you guys are saying). Wonder if the "customizations" they do to it has anything to do with it??

Yes nothing is custom made for Sri Lanka. Out market does not register on their radar. But yes the Mazda3/Axela is built in Thailand as well.

Yes nothing is custom made for Sri Lanka. Out market does not register on their radar. But yes the Mazda3/Axela is built in Thailand as well.

Agent is lying. i went to check out the car few weeks ago. So it seems according to all these comments Mazda axela is not a good car to spend on. But still i love the car. How ever i checked on few international forums for reviews including famous Maxda3/Axela forum. people rarely come up with faults there. 90% of the comments says its a really good car in everyway. i'm confuced. why this only happens in Sri Lanka

Agent is lying. i went to check out the car few weeks ago. So it seems according to all these comments Mazda axela is not a good car to spend on. But still i love the car. How ever i checked on few international forums for reviews including famous Maxda3/Axela forum. people rarely come up with faults there. 90% of the comments says its a really good car in everyway. i'm confuced. why this only happens in Sri Lanka

i agree..i think its a great car too. not sure where the US version is built..plus they have the 2.3lt version here, haven't seen anything smaller. i'd love to own a mazda 3 hatchback!

from what i know the mazda 3 which is imported by the agent is from thailand. in the other hand the axela`s are from japan. my one is an axela. i imported it stright from japan personally. when i bought it down it was 2000km in the clock. now its around 25k in the clock and still running perfectly without any problem. i really dont know about the mazda 3 but the axela is simply awesome. :D

The issues that people here have pointed out is with the suspension and engine mounts on the brand new cars,. Maybe its just not solid enough for our roads. I know quite a few people who have had the car for over 2 years and they only have good things to say about the car. Just do a bit more research.

from what i know the mazda 3 which is imported by the agent is from thailand. in the other hand the axela`s are from japan. my one is an axela. i imported it stright from japan personally. when i bought it down it was 2000km in the clock. now its around 25k in the clock and still running perfectly without any problem. i really dont know about the mazda 3 but the axela is simply awesome. :D

How s the fuel consumption. and what is the manufacture year of your car.