• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

Nuwan007

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just a word of advice. The company I work for has about 5 brandnew 3's bought from the agent. The first 4 were manuals and busted their suspension very quickly along with engine mounts - which were replaced under warrenty. The last one was a tiptronic and that busted its engine mounts after about 6k km's. Seems to be something weird with the brand new ones. The company disposed of the first two due to this fairly high unreliability.

Not really something you would expect from a brand new car.

Cheers,

MadMMx.

are they 2007 models?

i own one and its nice :)

but my car does only 6.5 kms per litre :) ( velocity is this normal? )

if ur ok with it go ahead ;)

Hi there,

Ur car engine must be having some problems. 2.7Lit V 6 does nearly 7.5km/litres if it was running in a avarage speed of 60kmph with stoping and acclearation at the colour lights (this is a pretty heavy 4x4 weighing nearly 1700kg)

Hi there,

Ur car engine must be having some problems. 2.7Lit V 6 does nearly 7.5km/litres if it was running in a avarage speed of 60kmph with stoping and acclearation at the colour lights (this is a pretty heavy 4x4 weighing nearly 1700kg)

As i know about this car it has low feul efficiency in 2003/2004 models. but they have changed the engine after 2005 to a simmiler technology like "vvt-i". i think it should do more than 8 km/l now. atleast 10-12.but dont have any stats to prove it. if anyone here who has a mazda 3 made after 2005 please let me know the MPG.

mine is 1500cc manual

can anyone shed light into fuel economy of this car :)

i checked around 4 times now.. yes it does only 6.5

i wait til the low petrol light.. then i fil up ma tank to full.. reset trip meter and wait til the petrol lights up again :)

den divide the kms by 50 ltrs :) it comes around 6.5 :)

VELOCITY how much did ur axela work?

Hi there

One of my friend using 2006 Mazda 3 (which got 2.0 lit engine in Australia) does 7.5 km/lit on combined has already done 40000km

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't want to open up a new thread for this. Did a search and it seems as if most people recommend the JDM Mazda Axela over the Singapore spec Mazda3. Both are available here.

A friend of mine is considering buying a Sing spec Mazda3, unregistered. car looks stunning, subtle bodykit, 17" alloys etc. Question is:

1. Is it a better bet to go for the Axela over the 3 in terms of durability? How practical is it having a car with 17" alloys on our horrible roads?

2. What's the resale value like for these cars?

3. The agents have a bad reputation, but the quality of their service has supposedly improved? Anyone have any recent experiences with them?

Didn't want to open up a new thread for this. Did a search and it seems as if most people recommend the JDM Mazda Axela over the Singapore spec Mazda3. Both are available here.

A friend of mine is considering buying a Sing spec Mazda3, unregistered. car looks stunning, subtle bodykit, 17" alloys etc. Question is:

1. Is it a better bet to go for the Axela over the 3 in terms of durability? How practical is it having a car with 17" alloys on our horrible roads?

2. What's the resale value like for these cars?

3. The agents have a bad reputation, but the quality of their service has supposedly improved? Anyone have any recent experiences with them?

I can't comment on which is better Axela or Mazda 3 since I dont know anyone who uses these cars.

17" wheels are not practical on our roads IMO. Since the air cusion is low the suspension will have a tough time on our sh*t roads. On the note of resale value, Mazda is catching up on Toyota, Nissan. I went to the agents in June to finalize the import of a Mazda 3. the service was pretty good. last few years they had problems with lack of parts but now they seems to have figured things out. :)

Agent is lying. i went to check out the car few weeks ago. So it seems according to all these comments Mazda axela is not a good car to spend on. But still i love the car. How ever i checked on few international forums for reviews including famous Maxda3/Axela forum. people rarely come up with faults there. 90% of the comments says its a really good car in everyway. i'm confuced. why this only happens in Sri Lanka

machan there is nothing wrong with Mazda cars. the only problem is the user :unsure:

machan there is nothing wrong with Mazda cars. the only problem is the user :unsure:

I stand by you on that Note Dillongt :action-smiley-035:

I’m on my 3rd Mazda – nothing wrong…. Same as any car….

If you look after her – She won’t let u down……

Agents improvement in service – IS HIGHLY questionable… I strongly disagree due to experience 2 know people have had with a Mazda 3 & a tribute (Meaning recent)

Shouldn’t this quote be altered to express the fact that JDM Mazda’s are trouble free. i too have heard about the brand new model been below standards as its not made in Japan.