• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ae110 Or Bluebird?

chana

many say that the 1.8 Si version does very well on fuel? how come? weight to power ratio? is it? i have seen on the specs the same thing, that the 1.8 has the same/better fuel economy than the 1.5 version. want to clarify this. as next plans are not soo far, hopefully.

There is a carina model with 1.8CC turbo charger petrol one. It is better fuel economy than the 1.5 version

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a carina model with 1.8CC turbo charger petrol one. It is better fuel economy than the 1.5 version

errm... no, there isn't.

http://specs.amayama.com/toyota/carina/1998_8/

http://specs.amayama.com/toyota/carina/1997_11/

http://specs.amayama.com/toyota/carina/1996_8/

if you go through that, you'll see that there is no such thing.... the only 210 and 212 carinas that have turbos are diesels, and THEY are all above 2.0 ltrs... so please do state where you get your information from, or else dont bother posting.... it misleads people, and we cant have that can we?

Hay all my friends. if u summarized this all comments, u can make a small sentence like is “Toyota is better than Nissan.” That’s it.. :lol:

No, u can't. U can say a Carina is better than a Bluebird Slyphy in the opinion of the majority of the posters. U still can't say Toyota is better than Nissan. Educate urself. There is more than one car in each manufacturer line up and the question was about two particular models. Its as stupid as trying to compare a Yaris is a V35 Skyline.

Are u the guy that fitted a tubo timer to a N/A car? I heard of such a beast from a friend recently.

No, u can't. U can say a Carina is better than a Bluebird Slyphy in the opinion of the majority of the posters. U still can't say Toyota is better than Nissan. Educate urself. There is more than one car in each manufacturer line up and the question was about two particular models. Its as stupid as trying to compare a Yaris is a V35 Skyline.

Are u the guy that fitted a tubo timer to a N/A car? I heard of such a beast from a friend recently.

ya specially thinking our way, the only gud sports car that Toyta has build is the Supra but Nissan got more Skyline, Slivia etc

Sports Cars = Defenatly Nissan but Toyota has so many gud family sedans

many say that the 1.8 Si version does very well on fuel? how come? weight to power ratio? is it? i have seen on the specs the same thing, that the 1.8 has the same/better fuel economy than the 1.5 version. want to clarify this. as next plans are not soo far, hopefully.

I dont know that much about carinas , but if you think about it, a carina is heavier than a corolla right? so i suppose the 1.5l engine has to work harder to get it moving.... whereas the 1.8 has a far simpler job, hence the better consumption

while i dunno if this IS the case with the carina, if you take a look at the Peugeot 406, the two versions available here are the 1.8 and 2.0l petrol I4's.... of the two, the 1.8 (which we have) has around 120BHP, and the 2.0 has around 140-150, when you consider the hefty weight of the 406, the 1.8 has to work much harder at lugging it around, so real world fuel consumption in town is approx 5-6 KM/l

but i know ppl who have 2.0's that can manage 7-8+ km/l in town.....! :blink:

so i suppose power-weight ratios may apply in this case as well......

ya specially thinking our way, the only gud sports car that Toyta has build is the Supra but Nissan got more Skyline, Slivia etc

Sports Cars = Defenatly Nissan but Toyota has so many gud family sedans

You're forgetting the MR2 machan, and the Corolla AE86.... even the celica can qualify to a certain extent..

You're forgetting the MR2 machan, and the Corolla AE86.... even the celica can qualify to a certain extent..

ya corolla AE86, MR2 & Celica are some gud cars bt Nissan have more than 3 or 4 sport cars right ? 180SX, 240SX, more than 10 types of Skylines, Silvia S14, S15, Spectra etc

EH! noap, as for my knowledge it cannot be. Unless someone in SL did such a modification, Still it cannot be doing fuel better than a 1.5 Manual :( come on.. 1.8 and a turbo wont do any gud on fuel? will it?

lets not argue about manufactures here, they all got good sales, why should we bother trying to get 'ANY' on top :P

ya corolla AE86, MR2 & Celica are some gud cars bt Nissan have more than 3 or 4 sport cars right ? 180SX, 240SX, more than 10 types of Skylines, Silvia S14, S15, Spectra etc

thats true, Nissan has way more sports cars (and most of them are better than toyotas anyway...:lol:)....

Lets not get into an OT arguement boys ...

And lets not forget the generations of Z cars either ;)

thats true, Nissan has way more sports cars (and most of them are better than toyotas anyway...:lol:)....

yeah this is goin OT bt i have to say my personal idea, and here im only goin to talk abt JDM sports cars

I think Nissan is the only JDM car manufacturer who has all types of vehicles, AWD,RWD,FWD Twin tirbo, Single Turbo, 4 to 6 cylinder, etc, but Honda dnt have a Turbo car even a AWD car, thats why i dnt like Honda that much, they dont have a gud sports car other than the NSX-R, but no JDM car can beat a Evo or a STi in a propere track, and i have seen more than 20 times Evo and Sti beating the Sky GTR even the new Z tune,

Anyway i think the Best Japanies Super car manufacturer is Nissan then the Mitscubishi and Subaru, bt Toyota and Honda is the last. but most guys dnt agree with me cus most think Honda is the best

Edited by GihanFX

Do you have a 121 Singapore spec? We have one of those where the suspension is stiff and the seats are artificial leather where every one complaints of backaches. Even the B'new imports have stiff suspension but fabric seats.

As for the Carina, the Si (1.8 ltr) is the the pick of the lot. Its quite satisfying to drive and does very well on fuel while the 1.5 litr Ti has just enough power to get you there if not ample.

GT is great to drive but spares (Suspension etc) are a bit harder to come by and a bit pricier as opposed to the Ti/Si models. I have heard of greater engine wear on the GT but not come aross such a case personally.

121 Brand New one with fabric seats. I think the Singapore market gets a similar spec car as we do (XLi and GLi versions). The leather upholstry conversions etc, are done by the agents in Singapore.

Wander if the 121 Jap versions are any better in terms of comfort.

I think which manufacturer is best depends on your perspective,

Toyota is the most succesful of all japanese manufacturers and since surpassing GM as the largest auto manufacturer in the world possibly the most succesful of all manufacturers, and this may be because they understand the market well and produce value for money good quality automobiles.

But that is not the only criteria in judging an auto manufacturer, There is always innovation where Mazda must get a lot of points for keeping Rotary technology alive, Subaru for their boxer engines etc.

Success in auto sport, and I guess when it comes to Japanese manufacturers its a close battle between Mitsubishi and Subaru, but maybe Mitsubishi has the edge here as they have been succesful in WRC as well as Paris Dakkar, and they kicked ass this year as well and nobody can argue with that.

And we obviously cannot forget the long lines of sports cars Nissan has produced,

The good thing I believe is that none of these auto manufacturers are trying to copy eachother, they all have a very unique way of trying to address customer needs and that gives us the customer a choice, essentially what criteria is most important to us.

So I do not really think there is any point of us or anybody else arguning or making claims to which manufactuer is the best cos they are all "the best" in their own unique way.

On the question of AE110 or Bluebird I think there has been enough discussion on this matter to make and informed decision and as always the question is what is more important to you :)

121 Brand New one with fabric seats. I think the Singapore market gets a similar spec car as we do (XLi and GLi versions). The leather upholstry conversions etc, are done by the agents in Singapore.

Wander if the 121 Jap versions are any better in terms of comfort.

The Brand New 121 does come with a firm suspension setup apparently more suitable for our conditions where the suspension lasts longer and the vehicle doesn't bottom out like most Jap cars (121 and even more so with the JDM Mazda 323/ 3). This results in a bumpier ride.

The JDM 121/110 offer a softer setup which is probably costlier to manufacture/ maintain but absorbs bumps better.

Edited by milindu

Hei guys my opinion is like this. Ae110 is now out dated isnt it 10 yrs older but sylphy is new thinking of the year and the technological side. by the way sylphy is 1.8ltre and also my question is why its called bluebird sylphy rather nissan sunny, body style also same. is it the engine?

this clearly shows how backward your knowledge of cars is... and you're trying to argue? :rolleyes:

Actually I don’t have a AT212 or AT210 Carina one (my one is 110). But, all the things that I was telling on this subject according to my friend’s carina. That is 1.8CC turbo one. If any one wants to know more details about that car I can give his mobile number. If any one really need know the number put me an e-mail.

Actually I don’t have a AT212 or AT210 Carina one (my one is 110). But, all the things that I was telling on this subject according to my friend’s carina. That is 1.8CC turbo one. If any one wants to know more details about that car I can give his mobile number. If any one really need know the number put me an e-mail.

As a member of AL, why dont you take some photos of the car, engine on behalf us and post here. so that all can see, and share.. as it seems to be a rare version or a custom modification!

Edited by Kim

Would suggest asking ur friend again if its a factory model or an after-market mod. I highly doubt it, and I've certainly never heard of one.

Also, just FYI, the only place I've heard of 1.8cc engines are in remote controled nitro powered cars. The T-Maxx has a 2.4cc I belive. Enough to squeeze out a couple of hp. Look up the difference between cc and ltrs.

Edited by Pericles

As a member of AL, why dont you take some photos of the car, engine on behalf us and post here. so that all can see, and share.. as it seems to be a rare version or a custom modification!

Sounds like a custom job. besides even the GT came with 1.6 20V engine and I have never heard of a TC version, but then we dont know everything do we? :alc: Unless we are reasonable high....

Hei guys my opinion is like this. Ae110 is now out dated isnt it 10 yrs older but sylphy is new thinking of the year and the technological side. by the way sylphy is 1.8ltre and also my question is why its called bluebird sylphy rather nissan sunny, body style also same. is it the engine?

The Sylphy is actually the successor to the Nissan Pulsar (Known as Almera in the EU). Remember all Pulsar models have been N Series while the Nissan Sunny remains the B (FB) Series.

So the real Nissan Sunny is the FB 15 you see as recons.

I guess the local agents probably rebadged the Pulsar/ Sylphy as the Sunny to compete with the Corolla. I have come across the N16 coming in 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 (Badged as Sunny or Bluebird Slyphy).

The Corolla 110 is almost 12 years old but some of the technology is still seen on 2007 model (lower end) Corollas. Its just great technology that just works even now.

Edited by milindu

The Sylphy is actually the successor to the Nissan Pulsar (Known as Almera in the EU). Remember all Pulsar models have been N Series while the Nissan Sunny remains the B (FB) Series.

I guess the local agents probably rebadged the Pulsar/ Sylphy as the Sunny to compete with the Corolla. I have come across the N16 coming in 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 (Badged as Sunny or Bluebird Slyphy).

The Corolla 110 is almost 12 years old but some of the technology is still seen on 2007 model (lower end) Corollas. Its just great technology that just works even now.

Its not a local rebadge. Check the pulsar article on the Wiki.

Its basically a wish to keep using the Bluebird nameplate, even tho the car is retired.

Anyway it is advisable not to buy Nissan

Its not a local rebadge. Check the pulsar article on the Wiki.

Its basically a wish to keep using the Bluebird nameplate, even tho the car is retired.

So what is Nissan's replacement for the bluebird ? Primera ? I guess they have the Cefiro for the large sedan market but for a long time the blue bird and cefiro existed side by side ..

Anyway it is advisable not to buy Nissan

Whats not advisable is taking your advise.

So what is Nissan's replacement for the bluebird ? Primera ? I guess they have the Cefiro for the large sedan market but for a long time the blue bird and cefiro existed side by side ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Bluebird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sunny

In short, no idea. But do keep in mind the articles on the sub-$3000 cars posted recently. They might want to thin out the mid range models in the future. The Sunny is already dropped for the Tiida. The Pulsar has morphed into the Bluebird Slyphy. The Bluebird is basically gone. Try making sense of it all...