• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Its Done!!!!!

Supra_Natural

hey guys, well some of you may remember that after looking through 27 cars, i finally selected and purchased a VW beetle.....

well thanks to a small incident on the way home, it wound up going straight to the garage!!1 :(

3 months down the line.... its FINALLY done, way over estimate in both time and money, but what the heck.... it turned out pretty decent...... What do you guys think??

img102122ou1.jpg

img102522lx0.jpg

img102322hy4.jpg

img102622sx8.jpg

there still are several things to be sorted...... doing them as i go along....

Edited by Supra_Natural

machan,

I am suprised that u have found a beetle in that condition.. i havents seen many beetles in the original condition with original parts...(side mirrors, wheels cups etc...)

I dont know much abt VW beetles except that the engine is at the back of these great cars...but your car looks very nice.

good buy brother! so now the Z's seat is vacant....finally...........:D

-------------

OH! you have a 406 also na? does it mean still the seat is booked :(

Edited by Kim

hey guys, well some of you may remember that after looking through 27 cars, i finally selected and purchased a VW beetle.....

well thanks to a small incident on the way home, it wound up going straight to the garage!!1 :(

3 months down the line.... its FINALLY done, way over estimate in both time and money, but what the heck.... it turned out pretty decent...... What do you guys think??

there still are several things to be sorted...... doing them as i go along....

hay machan congrats on your new ride !!! maybe later you can think of a paint job like "Herbie" that famous racing beetle...i used to love those films those days :)

hay machan congrats on your new ride !!! maybe later you can think of a paint job like "Herbie" that famous racing beetle...i used to love those films those days :)

thanks guys....

@ Madz, ya machan, actually the original colour (in the reg book) says white.... so when i have to paint it again, deffa going to paint it white and do the whole stripes and number thing.... :D

thanks guys....

@ Madz, ya machan, actually the original colour (in the reg book) says white.... so when i have to paint it again, deffa going to paint it white and do the whole stripes and number thing.... :D

superrrrrrrrrb !!!! now u ar talking ! B)

Supra as a rough figure how much did the whole enterprise cost,

and just to advice the newbies of whats involved in a restoration project like this maybe you could post a cost break down (estimated and actual) so others walking into things like this have a realistic idea what to expect ..

would certainly help me, if you dont like to post it on a public forum please be kind enough to pop me an email, u know the address,

Regards,

The Don

hey guys, well some of you may remember ...

Machan Sajiv,

This is brilliant man, great piece of finishing by ur guy ah? (I mean Lionel)

Cuz I saw ur ride half done @ the garage.

Superb machan !!!!! B) Really COOL.

I am sure will be gettin my ride done at Lionel too.

Cheers bro :violent-smiley-030:

Supra

Great job mate... :) lil bit of interior work and you have a nicely restore VW...

was also thinking what The Don has posted here...

would love to own a vw like that but too scared to start on that long journey not knowing too much about them...

Supra

Great job mate... :) lil bit of interior work and you have a nicely restore VW...

was also thinking what The Don has posted here...

would love to own a vw like that but too scared to start on that long journey not knowing too much about them...

hey great car.... why don't you join the classic car club. they get to gether outside the ncc on every other sunday at 8 am. lovely lot of cars /////

hey guys,

Thanks all of you for the compliments... I must say it took a hell of a lot more than initially expected, both time and money, but it turned out all right so im glad...

about the originality, well my aim WAS to find a car that had been left alone and not been messed around with. you guys honestly wouldnt believe the things some ppl do to these cars!!! i saw one which had the entire instrument pael of a Nissan FB15 fitted!!!! complete with nissan badged steering wheel...... :blink:

no offence to people who do that, but that was never my thing.... cars like the beetle, or any other classic, are pure just as they are..... mods should be subtle, not obvious...... anyway thats just my opinion...

as to how i got the parts, most came with the car, and a walk around panchikawatta provided the rest.

cost, well, the total came to around 420,000 for the resto.... the other little things that remain to be done will add a couple of grand to that figure.... the reason for this is because we eventually decided to rebuild the Entire chassis, because the rot was so extensive!!...

i have to stress however, that this is what it cost me...... other cars will be different... i payed way too much for the initial car, because i wasnt intending to rebuild it at that point..... if the intention is to rebuild, you can get a runner for abt 150k, and start from there....

i realise that this post is all jumbled up, so I'll start a new thread with a how-to guide.... and perhaps the mods can make it sticky?

I always liked beetles. only problem with that im not confident with restoring a car like the issues you come across and the time. when you have other work the time that can contribute these kind of projects will be minimal for me. anyway it is good that someone final finished a project. for a beetle i like to keep it as a original format.

Looks awesome Supra! Very few such stylish vehicles in this condition is to be seen. Your tinkering dude has done a fantabulous job bro.. use it like a baby lol.. How was the engine by the way when you purchased it? I guess the pics you ve posted would already have the beetle's engine tuned up and stuff yeah?

Nice work man!

Zz

Hey SN congratulations man. Looks quite tidy from the pics. How does it drive?

A small note - the tyres seem to have a very high profile which makes the care sit higher than normal (at least this is what I note from the pics). Am I wrong?

Hey thats a gorgeous looking bug.

Try colour coding the rims and then putting on a set of white walls.

Good Job!

Cheers