• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pop Quizzes

Elvis_Pil

A Honda V12 1.5L Engine was created for Formula one racing yeah? thank google for that... Are all questions F1 related dude? hehe.. cuz wiki got all you need though it aint fun getting the answers out of that.. it does help improve IQ..

Zz

1961-1965

Introduced in 1961 amidst some criticism, the new reduced engine 1.5 L formula took control of F1 just as every team and manufacturer switched from front to mid-engined cars. Although these were initially underpowered, five years later average power had increased by nearly 50%. Lap times were better than in 1960 anyway. The old 2.5 L formula had been retained for International Formula racing, but this didn't achieve much success until the introduction of the Tasman Series in Australia and New Zealand during the winter season, leaving the 1.5 L cars as the fastest single seaters in Europe during this time.

Power range 150 - 225 hp

* ATS V8 1.5 L

* BRM V8 1.5 L

* Coventry Climax inline-4 1.5 L

* Coventry Climax V8 1.5 L

* Coventry Climax Flat-16 1.5 L (never raced)

* Ferrari V6 1.5 L

* Ferrari V8 1.5 L

* Ferrari Flat-12 1.5 L

* Honda V12 1.5 L aircooled

* Porsche Flat-4 1.5 L aircooled

* Porsche Flat-8 1.5 L aircooled

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-formula-one-engines

Zz

Gihan is correct. The old BMW and Honda 1.5 V6 engines were the hottest, esp. in qualifying trim, when they went in excess of 1400 hp with the boost turned up, which was more than the team dynos were capable of showing.

Or is this a trick question, Kris?

If my memory serves me well, that 1500bhp BMW engine was an inline four and not a V6. The block was from used 02 series cars and I read somewhere how the blocks were left out in the rain and Mario Theisen and his gang used to piss on them in order to season it before construction.......strange but I'm certain I read it somewhere.

eerm... tough one, okay wild guess, Daihatsu Charade Diesel?

Right you are :)

It supposedly was in the guinness book of records for achieving 100mpg

of course this may have been downhill with engine off ;)

just kidding

still its an efficient car capable of 60mpg HWY or so realistically

If my memory serves me well, that 1500bhp BMW engine was an inline four and not a V6. The block was from used 02 series cars and I read somewhere how the blocks were left out in the rain and Mario Theisen and his gang used to piss on them in order to season it before construction.......strange but I'm certain I read it somewhere.

You may be right about the BMW engine being a four. After all, it WAS a production-based block. The guy who built it, and who used to encourage the pissing on it, was their legendary engine builder Paul Roche. I cant be bothered looking it up, but I think the Honda engine was a V6.

Alright, Pila here's a question: Why was motor racing (apart from hill-climbing) banned in Switzerland in the mid fifties? It is still banned to this day by the way, although it may change soon.

You may be right about the BMW engine being a four. After all, it WAS a production-based block. The guy who built it, and who used to encourage the pissing on it, was their legendary engine builder Paul Roche. I cant be bothered looking it up, but I think the Honda engine was a V6.

Alright, Pila here's a question: Why was motor racing (apart from hill-climbing) banned in Switzerland in the mid fifties? It is still banned to this day by the way, although it may change soon.

Absolutely right it was Paul Roche. I think Mario was a junior then!?

And you're right about the Honda being a V6 I think they derrived the NSX engine from that one.

Ok since everyone seems to like F1...

Name the F1 team to score the most poles in a row together with the number. Also the first and last races of the run :)

Mclaren-honda 8 pole positions

spanish(1988) to us (1989)

Ok since everyone seems to like F1...

Name the F1 team to score the most poles in a row together with the number. Also the first and last races of the run :)

Wild guess - Williams Renault? early 90s Nigel Mansell's year?