• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starting The Blower Whe The Car Is Parked

Sha7

OK guys! I have a new problem….. :action-smiley-060:

In my new car which is a Nissan Sunny FB 15, I can’t start the Air blower when the key is in ACC- 2 position which I was able to do with my previous car (Remember! Car is not started yet). To turn the blower on I have to move the key to ON-3 position.

But a guy told me that it’s not good to let the key in ON position for a long time and it will discharge my battery.

Any ideas?

Edited by Sha7

Hi,

I've only had 2 cars up to now, a Familia and now a Mirage, and in both you cannot start the blower without moving the key to the "On" position,

What was your previous car ?

There is a reason for this of course, I guess its because you do not really want to leave the blower on when you take your keys out and you usually cant pull them out in the on position,

Regards,

The Don

Hi,

I've only had 2 cars up to now, a Familia and now a Mirage, and in both you cannot start the blower without moving the key to the "On" position,

What was your previous car ?

There is a reason for this of course, I guess its because you do not really want to leave the blower on when you take your keys out and you usually cant pull them out in the on position,

Regards,

The Don

My previous car was a Nissan FB 13. There I was able to on the blower when the key is at 2-ACC position.

And it goes off when the key is turned to 1-OFF position. So cannot leave the car with blower on.

This problems comes when I park somewhere an wait in side the car. I definitly have to open a door or put shutters down. Otherwise keep the engine running with A/C.

In my new car which is a Nissan Sunny FB 15, I can’t start the Air blower when the key is in ACC- 2 position which I was able to do with my previous car (Remember! Car is not started yet). To turn the blower on I have to move the key to ON-3 position.

But a guy told me that it’s not good to let the key in ON position for a long time and it will discharge my battery.

Any ideas?

Basically the Blower works only with the switch in the On Position because that is the usual position the switch would be in when the engine is running. The blower is basically an electric fan and that would tend to drain your battery if you run it with the engine switched off.

I own a Wingroad Y11 which is basically the wagon of the FB15 and strangely the blower does work with the key in the ACC position. This is of no use anyway, cause without the engine and aircon running, all you get is hot air out of the blower... :)

Any ideas?

not a good practice anyway! to turn the blower on when the vehicle is not started..

Lucky Battery :angry-smiley-048:

As nira said.. no sense in starting the blower with the car being switched off and in the ACCT position. Taking the current climate in the western region, you would drain battery yes, you would also drain your body liquid needlessly ;)

But it normally works on most vehicles... wonder why not in some models..

Zz

Keeping the key ON position will enable power flow to many electrical accessories including engine related cooling fans!

In ideal electrical wiring ,blower is sourced ON position due high consumption.Keeping only the blower running will not drain much but after few minutes the effect of the blower gets lower due to the rising cabin heat.

Sometimes in ideal conditions blower alone can run for many hours without effectively discharging the battery.This depends on many circumstanses.

MINIACE

Keeping the key ON position will enable power flow to many electrical accessories including engine related cooling fans!

In ideal electrical wiring ,blower is sourced ON position due high consumption.Keeping only the blower running will not drain much but after few minutes the effect of the blower gets lower due to the rising cabin heat.

Sometimes in ideal conditions blower alone can run for many hours without effectively discharging the battery.This depends on many circumstanses.

MINIACE

yes you are right. also when you turned the key to ON position power will goes to ignition coils as well. keeping ignition coil on without starting is possible to burn as i heard.

in some models i have seen specially nissan models can switch on blower with ACC position.

yes you are right. also when you turned the key to ON position power will goes to ignition coils as well. keeping ignition coil on without starting is possible to burn as i heard.

in some models i have seen specially nissan models can switch on blower with ACC position.

Yes of course..good that you reminded this important fact!

MINIACE