• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pretty Hard to Climb a Short Mountain in Mazda BJ5P

caesarprime

Question

6 answers to this question

Also...when you say hard to climb....is the engine revving or feeling like its suffocating?

It could be the transmission...(assuming it down and upshifts normally ?) or it could be something with the engine where its not working properly and doesn't show up unless the engine worked hard. If you shift in to a lower gear and drive with the revs high does the engine behave normally ?

On 2/24/2024 at 12:57 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Any idea if the problem existed before the ATF change?

It didn't catch up my mind as the first thing I did was changing atf and oils. But imo it did exist and this only happens when the engine is cool.

But compared to my previous experience with m6 the pickup is pretty much less.

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Also...when you say hard to climb....is the engine revving or feeling like its suffocating?

It could be the transmission...(assuming it down and upshifts normally ?) or it could be something with the engine where its not working properly and doesn't show up unless the engine worked hard. If you shift in to a lower gear and drive with the revs high does the engine behave normally ?

It's like suffocating, not revving. But though I try accelerating and moving it bearly moves, only when the engine Temp is cool. But doesn't happen when it's heated.

It doesn't happen even if the 2nd gear is moved. But works ok when it's heated up, could be a normal thing but I had a guess because my home is in a hilly place.

But compared to my M6 earlier, the pickup was pretty less.