• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Payback Time!

Ripper

Question

Guys

i'm pretty pi$$ed off at these moronic drivers who flash their headlights all the time and those other morons with HID or offroad lighting setups driving with their main beams on blinding the crap out of any driver who's unlucky enough to cross their beams... :blink::violent-smiley-099:

some of these dudes and at times...dudettes use their main beams in well lit roads :violent-smiley-099:

Instead of suffering silently i wanna give them a taste of their own medicine...

I've got an ae100 all stock :ninja: :ninja: i know i know...not the best ride but heck i aint going down without a fight :angry-smiley-048:

i'm thinking of either upgrading to an HID system or adding on high power bulbs plus maybe fog/driving lights at the appropriate angle to deliver the goods to the a.hole who pi$$es me off

Don't know too much about the electrical system on the car so not sure how much of additional juice the system will have to power my lights...

i think the car has stock H4 bulbs... if i'm upgrading...what's the max wattage i can go upto without frying the electricals or burning out my light housings?

If you're going for a driving lights setup...how much of wattage can you safely use?

I've seen 100w even higher Hella/PIAA systems... are these safe to use or do you need and alternator upgrade?

One of my offroad bikes needed a high power alternator to drive the high wattage bulbs i got so was thinking whether it's the same on 4 wheels...

good HID systems seems to be pricey but you do get chinese made stuff for a decent price... not too sure of the quality though :blink:

And the only reason for the additional lighting power is to tackle these moronic drivers so if i can teach em a lesson for the cheapest... the better :)

7 answers to this question

donno about the current prices of HID systems but about 1 year back went to a famous car modifying guy's garage and there he had a HID lighting system for sale.it was priced around RS.35000. but machan if you are going for HID system you'll deffa need to change the wiring as well, this is mainly due to the high amount of power that HID systems require,otherwise you'll end up frying the connectors and power wires that supply electricity to the head lights.just make sure that you go to a good place to buy the HID kit then ask them to do the installation as well.

if you are just going for high power bulbs,say100W, then i suggest you to use two separate relays for each of the head lamps.this would help to supply additional power to the head lamps.I dont think that you'll need to do any mods to the alternator even if you go for a HID lighting system.anyway ill leave that part for an expert to answer..

You can get a high power wiring harness with separate relays for headlamps, this will be wired directly to the battery - then you can use 100w bulbs. I would suggest you dont get HID (expensive), instead get a wire set and 2 hundred watt bulbs installed. You can also get an extra pair of high power spot beams retrofitted under your main lights perhaps and use them together with the main lamps to "get your message across"

Since the extra lighting is not for constant use but temp usage, you hopefully wont have to upgrade your alternator.

100watt bulbs, with direct wiring to the battery should hopefully do the job.

You can get the wiring kit from various garages, for example Pala auto have it for around 2000 or so..

Edited by Saturn

There is a slight problem like this Ripper, I get your point, but by blinding somebody who is coming towards you, you also disorient the other driver, and increase the risk of he or she crashing in to you, as they can't see where they are going,

obviously that person is doing the exact same thing to you, but thanks to your courtesy he or she can see where you are to avoid you, but with both drivers blinded ........... well me think yours is a risky strategy:)

There is a slight problem like this Ripper, I get your point, but by blinding somebody who is coming towards you, you also disorient the other driver, and increase the risk of he or she crashing in to you, as they can't see where they are going,

obviously that person is doing the exact same thing to you, but thanks to your courtesy he or she can see where you are to avoid you, but with both drivers blinded ........... well me think yours is a risky strategy:)

I’m in sink with Rippers issues as I’m having the same problem. There seems to be too many moron on the road with lesser skills and ethics in driving skills.

U got a point DON. I too want to get something done on this scale but not HID – too dam costly .

Maybe if Ripper /myself is faced with a situation like this – we could kind of flash to tell the other moron to dip – since he’s already on high beams.

Question :

My lights are plastic – hence is it possible to use 100W bulbs ? Would it damage the lance ? I was told to use a relay for this. Could any one pls suggest a good place where I can get some advise as well as get it done professionally – Pala electrical’s was mentioned by some one – are they good ?

In general – to People out there

Please be more considerate when driving – U don’t always need the headlights on at night – especially not when the road is light to the max. If it’s not then it’s ok to go on high – but if there’s some one in front of you just dip the dam thing till they pass.

Also I’ve noticed that there are guys who go on full beam cause the other one is not working – well get the freaking bulb replaced for F*&Ks sake – it don’t cost the earth

man i knew this was coming :rolleyes:

yeah man i know you gotta suck it up sometimes and suffer so that the other dude can have his way with you... did that sound right???

i don't think so man :)

my issue is not only high speed over taking... due to the shortcuts i take to come to work...i have to travel on crappy roads quite often...

crappy means...really really crappy... the other day i got multiple flashes by this middle aged lady who wanted to use my side of the road cos her side had a pothole... that's all fine but the hitch was that i was already much closer to this pothole than she was and doing around 60-70, so her flashes didn't really help other than blind me and pi$$ me off :violent-smiley-099: I work nearly 10 hours on mac at work so the last thing i need is some biotch flashing their fancy headlights at me :violent-smiley-099:

I do agree it's a risk but heck....for the sake of the decent drivers who dip their lights... i'm prepared to take that chance :)

i'm sick of trying to be "decent" and "courteous" where most others don't give a damn...

I dont wanna be a d.head myself by flashing dudes but if anyone flashes me and if i'm in a bad mood...they get to experience my new PIAA's... :angry-smiley-048:

BTW.... on the topic of lighting....

I'm thinking of going for PIAA H4's...found a set for about US$70 which is about 6000k or 8000k and a cheaper 4300k or summin for about 40-50dollars...

ya think these babies are worth that money? I haven't checked the local light scene yet...jumped on the web to checkout my usual stores :)

thanks guys for all the replies :)

The Don... you too buddy. agree with your points but me needs to fight back :blink:

man i knew this was coming :rolleyes:

yeah man i know you gotta suck it up sometimes and suffer so that the other dude can have his way with you... did that sound right???

i don't think so man :)

my issue is not only high speed over taking... due to the shortcuts i take to come to work...i have to travel on crappy roads quite often...

crappy means...really really crappy... the other day i got multiple flashes by this middle aged lady who wanted to use my side of the road cos her side had a pothole... that's all fine but the hitch was that i was already much closer to this pothole than she was and doing around 60-70, so her flashes didn't really help other than blind me and pi$$ me off :violent-smiley-099: I work nearly 10 hours on mac at work so the last thing i need is some biotch flashing their fancy headlights at me :violent-smiley-099:

I do agree it's a risk but heck....for the sake of the decent drivers who dip their lights... i'm prepared to take that chance :)

i'm sick of trying to be "decent" and "courteous" where most others don't give a damn...

I dont wanna be a d.head myself by flashing dudes but if anyone flashes me and if i'm in a bad mood...they get to experience my new PIAA's... :angry-smiley-048:

BTW.... on the topic of lighting....

I'm thinking of going for PIAA H4's...found a set for about US$70 which is about 6000k or 8000k and a cheaper 4300k or summin for about 40-50dollars...

ya think these babies are worth that money? I haven't checked the local light scene yet...jumped on the web to checkout my usual stores :)

thanks guys for all the replies :)

The Don... you too buddy. agree with your points but me needs to fight back :blink:

I'm with ya bro...

but you know waht pisses me off even more???? Those a#*&$@ who drive up behind you with the bloody lights on full kick!!!!

you have no idea how many times i've fantasised about having on of those big-ass spot lights at the back to just blind the buggers..!!!

and let us know what you did to your beams...