• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking buy an Axio 2007 2008 2010

MarioDeMel

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, MarioDeMel said:

Hi I’m looking to buy a Toyota axio 2007, 2008, 2010 model. 
anything I should be vary ofwhen buying an old model.

currently I’m driving a Honda Fit gp1 green color. 

Thanks 

Look for service records.

This model (141) is known for compressor issues around 100k kms

Also CVT transmission issues if not properly maintained. Atleast CVT oil should have been changed in every 40k kms

Dashboard cracks

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Look for service records.

This model (141) is known for compressor issues around 100k kms

Also CVT transmission issues if not properly maintained. Atleast CVT oil should have been changed in every 40k kms

Dashboard cracks

and those dashboard cracks are quite prominent as well - I've seen many fleet cars with this issue. 

18 hours ago, MarioDeMel said:

Hi I’m looking to buy a Toyota axio 2007, 2008, 2010 model. 
anything I should be vary ofwhen buying an old model.

currently I’m driving a Honda Fit gp1 green color. 

Thanks 

CVT - Proper CVT maintenance. If not maintained properly it has a higher risk of failure. The hitch is these Toyota CVTs were quite frickle so even with proper maintenance one would only extend its life marginally and it is more or less a gamble beyond the 100-150 thousand mileage mark. When knew these units were categorized as non-serviceable units with a 100,000km duty cycle where at 100,000km the oi was to get changed and beyond that if it didn't work just to simply swap out. Needless to say Toyota had to go back on this approach. Right now Toyota recommends CVT fluid changes at 20 to 30 thousand kms.

AC compressor - Known to go bad (it had to do with the type of compressor used to ensure better fuel efficiency). Most owners swapped out these compressors for those from older Corollas (121, etc..) so make sure that the work is done properly. Also, once the conversion is done it is known for the car to be less fuel efficient than what it used to be.

ABS modulator - Again a problem from the period. So just make sure it works propery.

Suspension bushings (rear ones are known to give problems and if not properly replaced there will be a knocking thud noise coming even if the shocks are new/good)

Dashboard cracks (this was an issue on almost all mass produced Toyotas of the period..even if the car was in Japan, although if it was in Japan it was replaced under warranty).

Engine sludge - Short of regular servicing and lack of proper driving has led these engines to build engine sludge irrespective of the car. For cars like the Axio, Allion, etc..the issue is people were cheap on maintenance, drove the thing at low rpm on short drives prevening the engine from proper heat and cooling cycles.

Apart from that it is the usual old car buying stuff. Check the body condition...most have had poor accident repairs (i.e. catloy buckets with thick paint jobs).

Get it professionally inspected at the dealer or check cars or both...