• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula Plus Motorshow 2007

miniace

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While other counrties have exibitions on exotic and performance cars we have some old vintage cars for exibits. Damn if they want something different they should call in all the performance cars of SL and have a huge stall displaying the cars i'm sure that will attract some crowd. These exibitons are same old shit different day :angry-smiley-048:

Agree

Nope me not interested in some age old cars....

Same here

Last time i saw the DB9 parked at ODEL....

have seen the car pleanty of times, Baseline Rd, near Clancys, and some other places at Night times

Edited by GihanFX

Hi Guys !! here are some of the pics i've taken last night... the believe me the event is great!! you could find huge number of old and new cars!! Somehow, it is sad that i didn’t seen a single ricer..!! anyway, i think it is really worth to visit there with your friends!! you can see pro-cart competitions and RC competitions too.. There are lot of cars to take photos i took about 220 shots... so remember to bring some additional batteries too...(coz its night time your flasher has to do lot of work eating batteries). :rolleyes:

pict1678yd6.jpg

pict1688cm4.jpg

pict1748mr0.jpg

pict1746ah5.jpg

pict1774bi3.jpg

pict1796ys8.jpg

pict1804yy7.jpg

pict1813oa7.jpg

pict1844ji6.jpg

pict1847pg7.jpg

Here some more!!!

pict1847pg7.jpg

pict1852fl0.jpg

pict1859mr4.jpg

pict1862dg3.jpg

pict1879le1.jpg

Oh! by the way! im EXTREMELY worried about the way our people behave at this event.... most of the people cant keep there hands away from the cars at display!! all cars inside the hall is covered with finger prints/palm prints & some times face prints...coz stupid fools press their dumb faces to peep in to the driver side interior all the time.. (i saw staff having some hard time cleaning them frequently)....it is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY shameful and i really got angry!! sri lankan fathers and mothers should do more than raising monkeys and chimpanzees!!! Teach your children how to behave!

Archon

Here some more!!!

pict1847pg7.jpg

pict1852fl0.jpg

pict1859mr4.jpg

pict1862dg3.jpg

pict1879le1.jpg

Oh! by the way! im EXTREMELY worried about the way our people behave at this event.... most of the people cant keep there hands away from the cars at display!! all cars inside the hall is covered with finger prints/palm prints & some times face prints...coz stupid fools press their dumb faces to peep in to the driver side interior all the time.. (i saw staff having some hard time cleaning them frequently)....it is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY shameful and i really got angry!! sri lankan fathers and mothers should do more than raising monkeys and chimpanzees!!! Teach your children how to behave!

Archon

nice pics...im going this evening. i'll take ur advice and take extra batteries! :)

Whats the scene? why no show during day times??

My insurance guy just called me... to remind me on the upcoming insurance.... :action-smiley-060:

According to him, they wanted more attraction by making it a night event. And you can log you comments on the comment book. I think you should suggest it to be a day show (atleast on the week end)

Managed to get in prior to the show openening to the public, with the help of Milindu, show was good, if you like the oldies, then this is for you.

Pics will be sent to Madz for uploading. In the mean time look who got into the FormulaWorld ad. None other than our very own Pericles.

picture093is6.jpg

picture094kh1.jpg

BTW did anyone spot the red leather on the Rexton?

Edited by madmax

Archon

Are you american? scolding srilankans?

Archon

100% agreement. For one thing it spoils the pics too. And its not just the kids.

Pics sent to Madz. +250 :) now that was a nice days work :)

Actually I enjoyed the show. One thing I didn't enjoy was the crowd. Jeez the queue was forming at 2:30 when I went! Got lucky tho, a nice gent in a S Type Jag pulled out just as I was coming in and I got a nice shady parking spot :D I expected it to start slower than that. Had 1/2 an hours peaceful snapping before the hordes invaded :)

Had a nice smile over Barbies Dream Car. Pink Cadillac :D

As for Performance, there was a 944 Porsche and a Lotus Esprit Turbo. And the 72 Camaro was just cool. Respect, Old school :) Couple of Jags with V12 engines :D

BTW, nice shots Archon.

Sadly lacking in Talent tho ... :(

edit: I mean at the show, not Archon, before someone misinterprets that :D

Edited by Pericles