• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Darley Road Advice!!!

Ripper

KLM

at present i go out from wellawatta and wattala...

from wattala i hire a boat with a known boatman...in wella one of my friends own a boat so i rent it out with the boatman :)

both are pretty basic boats...no canopy not even proper seats...

the wattala one is a 35 foot wood-fibre boat with an inboard 2 cylinder water cooled engine... pretty damn slow but steady...

the wella boat is a 19 footer, 25hp kerosene 2stroke outboard motor...bit faster but unsteady and noisier and smellier...

I used to fish on beaches, rivers... :rolleyes: but now i'm bored with it so mainly offshore... :)

we venture out till we can't see land...kinda scary since i can't even swim :action-smiley-060: not that you can swim from that far anyways and the boatman not even having a compass doesn't help :)

I still haven't caught anything big enough to brag :( max so far was a 10 kilo seer :)

it was fun and the steaks also tasted good over few pints of beer :)

Pimp Status man, that sounds good. I recently saw that the Ministry of Fisheries was offering deep sea trolling for parties of 8 or whatever, from Bentota and Panadura and somewhere else I believe. They also had a Poya night deal if I'm not mistaken. Would you have any more information on this Ministry deal?

Pimp Status man, that sounds good. I recently saw that the Ministry of Fisheries was offering deep sea trolling for parties of 8 or whatever, from Bentota and Panadura and somewhere else I believe. They also had a Poya night deal if I'm not mistaken. Would you have any more information on this Ministry deal?

KLM

nope never heard of that deal before :(

pretty weird cos i know a few friends who are active with both sri lanka sportfishing club and ceylon sea anglers club.... nobody told me of this :(

that sounds like a pretty decent troll :)

not sure how you can troll in the night though cos that's more into live baiting...something i don't like that much :)

will check this thing out...hope the ministry keeps their website updated :)

sadly i've also been a victim of these loosers about a year ago. :action-smiley-060: got ripped abt 4000 to put my beadings since the old ones kept coming off. and they did a lousy job at that too. i've learned my lesson and never went there again. sun lanka is good they do only some things. but watch out coz those guys hang around sun lanka too. keep your doors locked when going that side. the guy actually had the guts to open the door from behind and get in to show me the way to their 'rip off spot' in the road opp joes. <_<

looks like alot of us have been ripped off big bucks off these guys. and many innocent ppl will still get ripped off. isnt there something we can do? tell the cops or some big shot to get them chased off???? anyone here have any political connections. if we could do something like that it would be really great!!!! :ninja:

• 1 month later...
sadly i've also been a victim of these loosers about a year ago. :action-smiley-060: got ripped abt 4000 to put my beadings since the old ones kept coming off. and they did a lousy job at that too. i've learned my lesson and never went there again. sun lanka is good they do only some things. but watch out coz those guys hang around sun lanka too. keep your doors locked when going that side. the guy actually had the guts to open the door from behind and get in to show me the way to their 'rip off spot' in the road opp joes. <_<

looks like alot of us have been ripped off big bucks off these guys. and many innocent ppl will still get ripped off. isnt there something we can do? tell the cops or some big shot to get them chased off???? anyone here have any political connections. if we could do something like that it would be really great!!!! :ninja:

Sorry to bring this back... good point Razo, There's gotta be a way stop the "first timers" falling victim to these guys...

After my many days and many hours on those streets...what i learnt was that the cops do take these guys in for complaints over excessive charging/ripping off etc. but they do get away by doing favors to the cops and probably even giving them "jarawa" the most popular currency in the public sector...

This guy i made "friends" with at the spot to get to know the system at work there told me that some time these "kudda mechanics" go to the cop shed to sweep that place and do some work there so that the cops go easy on them :angry-smiley-048:

sorry to hear about your loss Ripper but i've had my experiences too and the key is to know how to tackle them... after losing the badges on my cefiro i went down to these jokers and the one way street to get some new ones... soon enough they returned with badges that could've possibly been my old ones lol and stuck them on... and what did they try to charge me? 3000 bucks... i told them to take them off cos i wasn't going to pay that much but what could they do cos it was glued down using super glue!!! ended up paying a 1000 bucks... i've noticed that showing yourself as weak and desperate really gets their minds rolling but show them some no nonsense attitude and they'll be on all fours...

avoid them at all costs guys or if you have no choice but to go to them make sure you check prices of things before you get the job done... they'll try to sway from the question but you must be persistent... and don't go to them for ANY electronic problem... they don't know as much as tying shoe laces...

Well my 2 cents -

Try to have another person with you - so that (preferably a HE) can keep eye on tha car to make sure nothing is pulled out.

Whilst the other go's and checks for the prices.

YES - first negotiate and then go for the goods... always walk away from the first person or if they ask for a thumping amout with out saying a word

Cheers