• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To Madz Regarding Warning Level

milinda

Hi Madz,

the following is a quote, you posted under some other topic abt warning level.

"Sorry guys for the late reply…well it comes with this forum software and it’s not a new thing...helps to view your warning level and it’s visible only to yourself and the forum moderator. If some one INTENTIONALLY breaks any of the forum rules..then we may increase the warning level. So depending on individual’s behavior that warning level will go up/down. It actually helps the forum moderator to keep a close eye on each individual …very important when dealing with large number of members so that we don’t have to memorize each and every incidents happened

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MADZ-----------"

Here you talk abt forum rules......... Well to be frank I can not really remember anywhere I read them. But being a member of Autolanka for a while, I know that advertising is banned on the forums , also use of rude language.

Anything else we have to do to get our warning levels increased :D:D

Why not publish the rules somewhere on the web site so that everybody knows how to get their warning levels increased. Comming to think of it may be we can have a competition to see who is having the highest warning level :angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Hi Madz,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MADZ-----------"

Here you talk abt forum rules......... Well to be frank I can not really remember anywhere I read them. But being a member of Autolanka for a while, I know that advertising is banned on the forums , also use of rude language.

Anything else we have to do to get our warning levels increased :D:D

Why not publish the rules somewhere on the web site so that everybody knows how to get their warning levels increased. Comming to think of it may be we can have a competition to see who is having the highest warning level :angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

I don't know whether there are any posted in the new forum, but if you go back to the Old forum and go wayyyyyyyyyy back to 2003, the rules are there. Back then it was a new forum, I don't think anybody would've thought it would become as huge as it is today B)

Hi Milinda, the old forum rules will apply in the new forum as well...ya i should create a new page.

Comming to think of it may be we can have a competition to see who is having the highest warning level :angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

hay one small problem in that competition..coz when your warning level reaches the top your account will get suspended automatically.. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Madz,

I think the fact that a couple of more PPL getting warnings today for stepping outside of the forum rules (GIHAN FX, BLAZIN ect..) highlights my original suggestion i.e Forum rules should be displayed at a prominent place.

Also its wise to prohibit all racial remarks from forums as well. Following are a couple I came across today

"but those tamil buggers think they're 'all that' cos they are allowed to carry guns... they dont evel allow you to park and answer a phone call around there.."

"white niggers" - ( this has been now deleted by admin)

These words are very offensive no matter on whom they are intended on

• 9 months later...

some of us over zealous posters who are new to the forum wish to know exactly what our limitations are in terms of the content that can be posted on the forum

please post the rules & enlighten us :D

it would be s shame if someone unwittingly get warned for lack of prior knowldge of what is accepted/allowed & whats not... :huh:

some of us over zealous posters who are new to the forum wish to know exactly what our limitations are in terms of the content that can be posted on the forum

please post the rules & enlighten us :(

it would be s shame if someone unwittingly get warned for lack of prior knowldge of what is accepted/allowed & whats not... :huh:

I take it uve been warned! :D

Yes. Madz, your most respected Admins once raised my warning level by 10% just becuase he felt like it i guess.

Warned by Notes

Pericles Warned on Aug 14 2006, 09:24 AM

Added to warn level Then u wouldn't learn, and u seem to have forgotten who the boss is. Lets see if this reminds u

See, having fun...

Milinda since this is a private owned site we got to respect that, but I guess sometimes it s a bit too much. Madz, thank you for the briliant work you are doing , but this is for your info at the top.

***Hope these doesnt get deleted***

I do feel tempted to raise urs again. That one was for dissing the mods, if I recall. And ur doing it again. Lets see if u can drop it this time, or u will be the record setter on this warning system.

edit: That one was for repeatedly doing summin stupid and dissing the mods who warned u on the thread itself. Then when u didn't listen to that, u got warned on the system.

Madz can review warnings at anytime, remember, and if he felt urs was unfair, he would have taken it off.

Edited by Pericles

:( Ya know whats wierd? Doing some checking up, and I found its exactly what we are discussing that led to ur warning. U trying to profit off my work by using my photos in ur classified ad :( Heck, Madz doesn't like other ppl from profitting on his expense and effort using his forums. I don't like ppl profitting from my expense and effort using my photos! Ya see how this works? And then, when I raised the point, u tried to diss me from a self righteous point-of-view, and kept at it repeatedly. Too bad Madz deleted that thread.

Don't expect anyone to be scared of me. Do expect u to respect the community rules if u want to be part of the community tho. If I remember right, once u left this forum "forever", :huh: and now ur still here trying to act like a wronged party :D

I still have the mails man. U wanna read them again and refresh ur memory? See if what I did was for "having fun..." or because I "felt like it"? Them mails means my actions can stand any review man, and u copied Madz on it urself.

This is leaning towards OT boys. Sure everyone gets the message. Let it rest.

Yep true...I had to moderate some of the posts which was totally unrelated on this thread. Guys let's concentrate AL stuff & Automotive related stuff. And please stop fighting like kids for small reasons. Be professional and same time have fun..enjoy your stay in AL !! :lol:

Yep true...I had to moderate some of the posts which was totally unrelated on this thread. Guys let's concentrate AL stuff & Automotive related stuff. And please stop fighting like kids for small reasons. Be professional and same time have fun..enjoy your stay in AL !! :lol:

Madz we are, its just 2-3 spoling this great place. Look at our guys they never act like this or either try to slam others. Anyway peace. :D

Madz we are, its just 2-3 spoling this great place. Look at our guys they never act like this or either try to slam others. Anyway peace. :alc:

At the risk of post whoring

:rolleyes:

Damn, go off for a couple of hours to attend to work and commute home and everyone has been a buncha naughty boys on the forum. :ninja: