• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ex '08 Vs. Corrolla '07

MLR

Best Car for Permit  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your choice for best car to buy ?

• Lancer Ex '08
    • Corrolla '07
    • Mazda 3 '07
    • VW Jetta

Hi Guys,

It seems the new Corrolla'07 Petrol version is now available for permit. I was hoping to get the new Lancer EX '08 for the permit, But there's a battle between me & my father which one to buy. Obviously my father wants to get the Corrolla (btw its his permit lol :blink: ).

I know the Corrolla is good with fuel consumption & second hand market value. But I would like to get the best car for the value in terms of driving pleasure as well.

My main concern is how reliable is the Lancer in terms of engine problems & overall maintenance (since we need to keep the car for 5 years ) ?

So if any of you can shed the light on the better features of Lancer EX vs Corrolla, maybe I can convince him to buy the Lancer. :rolleyes:

0208lancergtsredstaticoxr9.jpg

2009toyotacorolla003vp2.jpg

Edited by MLR

according to Velocity the new lancer is quite good, nice roomy car and none of the old GDI niggles and even comes with MIVEC (Mitsubishi's equivelent of V-TEC VVTI etc)

And take it from me, Mitsubishi's are quite good vehicles, very few problems and generally easy to maintain and keep. I own an older Mitsubishi myself.

Its difficult to say which car is better, tends on your perspective and personal preference really,

Technically I can't see much between them, and the Mitsubishi would be more responsive, handle better, and in my humble opinion looks better, but the Toyota would compensate for that with reliability, fuel economy and low depreciation, and best of all easiest of all cars to maintain and keep (due to there being so many parts are very easy to source)

Why don't you and dad go take a test drive in both cars and strike a compromise, good old father and son style ;)

according to Velocity the new lancer is quite good, nice roomy car and none of the old GDI niggles and even comes with MIVEC (Mitsubishi's equivelent of V-TEC VVTI etc)

And take it from me, Mitsubishi's are quite good vehicles, very few problems and generally easy to maintain and keep. I own an older Mitsubishi myself.

Its difficult to say which car is better, tends on your perspective and personal preference really,

Technically I can't see much between them, and the Mitsubishi would be more responsive, handle better, and in my humble opinion looks better, but the Toyota would compensate for that with reliability, fuel economy and low depreciation, and best of all easiest of all cars to maintain and keep (due to there being so many parts are very easy to source)

Why don't you and dad go take a test drive in both cars and strike a compromise, good old father and son style ;)

yeah Don ure right. its good to have a test drive on both vehicles before buying.

I'll let U know how the end result is, in coming weeks :D

Hi Guys,

It seems the new Corrolla'07 Petrol version is now available for permit. I was hoping to get the new Lancer EX '08 for the permit, But there's a battle between me & my father which one to buy. Obviously my father wants to get the Corrolla (btw its his permit lol :blink: ).

I know the Corrolla is good with fuel consumption & second hand market value. But I would like to get the best car for the value in terms of driving pleasure as well.

My main concern is how reliable is the Lancer in terms of engine problems & overall maintenance (since we need to keep the car for 5 years ) ?

So if any of you can shed the light on the better features of Lancer EX vs Corrolla, maybe I can convince him to buy the Lancer. :rolleyes:

the lancer looks a whole lot better too...

Personal opinion : That 2.0 Lancer has the Civic licked in just about every department :) I reserve fuel econo coz I don't have the stats for either car. Tho I heard 8 for the Civic 1.8. Which I found quite shockingly lower than my expectations.

I have yet to drive a new Lancer but I doubt the handling and ride would be better than the Mazda 3 which I would choose. Also I have a feeling that the Lancer styling will date quite fast.

What are the engine options on these cars for the permit?

I have yet to drive a new Lancer but I doubt the handling and ride would be better than the Mazda 3 which I would choose. Also I have a feeling that the Lancer styling will date quite fast.

What are the engine options on these cars for the permit?

Corrolla - 1600cc $12,500 ( also 2.0L diesel model available)

Lancer Ex - 1500cc

GLX manual $ 11,550

GLS (both auto & Manual) $ 12,475

link: http://www.unitedmotors.lk/

I think performance and handling wise lancer is better than Corolla. @ d asame time Corolla is a popular vehicle and da second hand market is better. And on the same time unlike previous versions new lancer is getting popular in other countries.They have exceed the expected sales targets also.

http://news.windingroad.com/countriesmarke...g-expectations/

I guess you have one of the most difficult choises to make if you take the New Lancer and New Corolla. Over the weekend downsouth saw a Toyota Diesel at Hikka. Black one. I was surprised to see how large and specious it was. Should say it looked really nice with a kind of wide body affect fenders. Its like a mini version of the Toyota Camry i should say. Its large.

Well i have not driven the Corolla Yet, but lancer is +1 on Handling / Easy to Drive. Extremely Comfortable, Only think i dislike is it come with this Asian Road Spec Suspension which makes the car very tall. ( You can always lower it : with some new springs )

I would say the Toyota Lanka Offers a 1.6 VVTI engine. If this is the same VVTI engine which the Singapore ALTIS has you are looking at some good horsepower. So compare those of the lancer. I think lancer UML only offer 1.5 ltr.

serious choice dude. so get it correct. let me know how the corolla feels when you drive it.