• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Going Toyota To Nissan

Surash_Munasinghe

Hi all

This is my first post.

I used a Toyota Corolla AE110 (1998) car for 5 years. Now I’m thinking of buying a Nissan Car nothing but just for a change. I prefer either FB 15 or N 16 model (2000 – 2002) car.

I drive about 800 KM per month.

I’d like to know the factors I should consider in buying, running & maintaining a Nissan car. Also the resell market.

Thank You.

hi i used a AE110 1995 model for 4yrs & got a 2000 model N16

i was not happy with the decision i made as the comfortability of the N16 was not good as the AE110 specially with 2 passengers in the back when running outstation

further when i sold my AE110 the milage was 230,000kms & the repair costs were reasonble & long lasting . but the N16 which i got ( from the company ) at 60,000kms it was giving all sorts of noises from suspension which became a headache to get rid of

overall FOR ME going for a Fb15 & or a N16 is not worth as the AE110 is a better car unless you want a change.

this is just my view & no offence to N16 owners, maybe i was having too much hopes on the N16 or the car which i got would have been bad .

only a slight difference than a Toyota and nothing much!

N16 LOOOOOKS more comfort, and LOOOOOKS more roomier, FB15 also LOOOOOKS not that bad..

Good Luck and keep us posted!

'cos i never never had my own experiences with Nissan yet!

Edited by Kim

OT....dude MRM... got your mail and sent you a reply :)

And on the topic...

Why would you want to change the brand just for a "change" :)

And why would you only think of going for a Nissan...

Upgrading from an AE11o.. there are quite a few options available depending on what you expect from the car...

I'm all for Nissans...but only a few models of theirs :) But i don't see the reason for migrating from one brand to another for the simple reason of a change :)

just my 0.02

Do I smell some thing here, or is it just me... <_<

We had very constructive discussions over last couple of week over Toyota & Nissan, and here we suddenly have a newbie appeared and bringing up another lovely topic.

May be it’s just a concurrent. :unsure:

Hi all

This is my first post.

I used a Toyota Corolla AE110 (1998) car for 5 years. Now I’m thinking of buying a Nissan Car nothing but just for a change. I prefer either FB 15 or N 16 model (2000 – 2002) car.

I’d like to know the factors I should consider in buying, running & maintaining a Nissan car. Also the resell market.

Thank You.

Well it all depends on the car you get. I know loads of people who have used fb15's and n16's for several years and have had no issues. Of course these cars are not meant for a driving enthusiast but using it for getting from A to B quite comfortably is fine. I've heard the N16 is more comfortable than the FB15. Not sure about the resell market. The complaints I've heard are that the automatic FB 15's are supposed to be quite poor on fuel so search for a manual. Air flow sensors have also packed up and some have also reported suspension noises after a few years of hard running.

As far as maintanence is concerned, it should not be any more difficult or costly in maintaining a Nissan to maintaining a toyota. You're talking about a sunny here not a skyline or primera!

• Like 2

We had very constructive discussions over last couple of week over Toyota & Nissan, and here we suddenly have a newbie appeared and bringing up another lovely topic.

May be it’s just a concurrent.

:unsure:

he he... if he was interested in a P11 camino... most of the comments would've been different me thinks :)

Well it all depends on the car you get. I know loads of people who have used fb15's and n16's for several years and have had no issues. Of course these cars are not meant for a driving enthusiast but using it for getting from A to B quite comfortably is fine. I've heard the N16 is more comfortable than the FB15. Not sure about the resell market. The complaints I've heard are that the automatic FB 15's are supposed to be quite poor on fuel so search for a manual. Air flow sensors have also packed up and some have also reported suspension noises after a few years of hard running.

As far as maintanence is concerned, it should not be any more difficult or costly in maintaining a Nissan to maintaining a toyota. You're talking about a sunny here not a skyline or primera!

Don't get me wrong...i love certain nissans...Primera's and Skylines to be more specific... But just out of curiosity... you really think an AE110 and a FB15 will be similar as far as maintanence is concerned????

Don't get me wrong...i love certain nissans...Primera's and Skylines to be more specific... But just out of curiosity... you really think an AE110 and a FB15 will be similar as far as maintanence is concerned????

why shouldn't it? all depends on how you drive and how you look after your car. prices of the spare parts for nissan's may be more because they are newer models and especially if you go through the agents. but these cars are so common i'm sure you can get good deals in panchi and get most issues fixed at a normal garage.

May be it's just a concurrent.

:unsure:

I'm thinking the same, and I'm not very happy about it. However, there is nothing wrong with it and everyone is behaving so far .... And I'm OK as long as it stays that way.

If anyone has that link for the earlier thread, just post it so that will answer some questions and we can avoid rehash.

I'm thinking the same, and I'm not very happy about it. However, there is nothing wrong with it and everyone is behaving so far .... And I'm OK as long as it stays that way.

If anyone has that link for the earlier thread, just post it so that will answer some questions and we can avoid rehash.

This was posted by me in order to get an idea for my next buy. That's it.

Edited by Surash_Munasinghe

Hi all

This is my first post.

Thank You.

I had a FB15 for 4 years, nice good car. The main problems with it is the Air flow sensors and other sensors which might break. But I only had to replace Air flow sensor once (in all 4 yrs) , and didnt had any other problem. Overall I think FB15 is better looking than N16. I dont know much about N16 but... it has an Ugly Design !! :ninja:

If U travel a lot its not an economical fuel efficient car as the Corrolla. So u'll be burning more fuel & money just for the "change".

Try to check another brand such as a Honda Civic (Type R maybe) as well, might be better in driving - just a thought :D

why shouldn't it? all depends on how you drive and how you look after your car. prices of the spare parts for nissan's may be more because they are newer models and especially if you go through the agents. but these cars are so common i'm sure you can get good deals in panchi and get most issues fixed at a normal garage.

Yes i'm aware of that but as we all know... certain cars tend to be more "solid" if that's the word :)

Say one takes care of both the models in concern the same way, driven the same way etc... there's gotta be one car that's better than the other when it comes to maintennance affairs... this is not about finding spares, prices but what's more durable over the other...

The ae110 is "seen" superior to the FB15 in this regard... was wondering how true this is if it's true at all

machan you have a point , BUT

i also drive a 2000 model nissan as a daily runner,

when you compare the spare part prices nissans are still cheaper some times but the durability is a question which also can be argued .

this is my experience

from a set of ball joints, tie rod ends & a set of rack ends in my AE110 i ran about 70,000kms - 80,000kms, where as in the nissan it did only about - 40,000 - 45,000kms . parts for both were jap made ( not bought through agents )

for me toyota parts were a bit costly than nissans just my cents

Edited by MRM

machan you have a point , BUT

i also drive a 2000 model nissan as a daily runner,

when you compare the spare part prices nissans are still cheaper some times but the durability is a question which also can be argued .

this is my experience

from a set of ball joints, tie rod ends & a set of rack ends in my AE110 i ran about 70,000kms - 80,000kms, where as in the nissan it did only about - 40,000 - 45,000kms . parts for both were jap made ( not bought through agents )

for me toyota parts were a bit costly than nissans just my cents

The question I have to ask is were those parts from the same manufacturer ?

I mean when you speak about parts above you probably speak about OEM parts (Not Nissan or Toyota branded parts)

For example you can get 555 branded parts for both cars, was this the case with you as well ? if so in your experience the parts lasted longer in a Corolla ?

The question I have to ask is were those parts from the same manufacturer ?

I mean when you speak about parts above you probably speak about OEM parts (Not Nissan or Toyota branded parts)

For example you can get 555 branded parts for both cars, was this the case with you as well ? if so in your experience the parts lasted longer in a Corolla ?

hi don yes both were 555

Very interesting, would not have expected there to be such a big difference in mileage

would it be possible that one design puts too much of strain on the part concerned than the other and making it wear out faster?

would it be possible that one design puts too much of strain on the part concerned than the other and making it wear out faster?

Not half the mileage machan, that sounds like either a product defect, or a low quality product (such as something claiming to be 555 when it isn't), wonder if some other users can share their experiences