• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This How You Drive ?

Newbi

10112007317ij2.th.jpg

10112007317ij2.th.jpg

Notice how far past the red light the trishaw has stopped; it’s almost on the road with oncoming traffic. No matter the time of day or amount of traffic or even how much of a rush we are, I believe we should try to adhere to the road rules. We have noticed many drivers driving their vehicle on the center of a two lane road; keeping the vehicle on both lanes.

Most at Autolanka being car enthusiasts should promote and practice proper driving etiquette,but not only have motors that are fast and pretty. They should also try and teach those that learn driving/riding from them, this.

Let us correct our selves before we correct others !!!!!

Cheers

Edited by Newbi

Road discipline is must even though its has gone to the dogs in SL.

But the speed limits here are unreasonable! somthing which I do not obey to.

This is true!... This anachronistic law pertaing to the speed limit seem to have been put in place at a time where cars were driven on roads made for hand carts, bulloc carts and rickshaws. (Some drivers and riders are fit only to drive hand carts, bulloc carts and rickshaws.... but thats a different story)

Let us correct our selves before we correct others !!!!!

Cheers

[/quote

Good suggestion and observation Newbi...

YES we members should look this more seriously.

We all know road rules are at the dog level ( I kind of disagree as it degrades the dogs who are mind u much more intelligent than most drivers out there)

Well speed limits are silly here but small steps

• if you’r driving slow pls try tostay on the left lane and not in the middle of the road or on the right lane.
  • Would help if the signal is used when turning or putting on to a main road

Pls guys try to adhere to these 2 simple rules and help/educate your friends just imagine if we can get 10 people each to do this….

dont drive on the right side (wrong side) when your side is blocked. i see too often drivers just going on the wrong side and then trying to squeeze in when they get to the front of the queue...yeah right the rest of them had just stopped for a chat...sheez

Don't flash your headlights at the vehicle moving in front of you, when there is a lot of traffic ahead of him/her. It's ok to do so if the guy in front is blocking a clear road. I often find a majority of people flashing their headlights when I'm stuck in traffic and keeping a moderate distance with the vehicle in front. As a habit i go very slow if the guy behind be starts flashing... :violent-smiley-030:

Always flash your headlights to vehicles coming towards you, if there are cops in front!!!

Edited by pissa

dont drive on the right side (wrong side) when your side is blocked. i see too often drivers just going on the wrong side and then trying to squeeze in when they get to the front of the queue...yeah right the rest of them had just stopped for a chat...sheez

this is becoming a normal thing here is SL, even cops donesnt do anything to these drivers !!!

this is becoming a normal thing here is SL, even cops donesnt do anything to these drivers !!!

YES I totally agree.. it's very annoying to see them pass by and join in the queue in front.... I mean we (the guys in the queue) are not having a gala time either - we too want to go our destinations soon....

Pleas A/L members try to avoid doing this if any you U guys are doing this.

I see a lot of small car drivers doing this on the increase.... just because u got a small car does not mean u have the right to act as a moron.

Headlights : Please try not to use the headlight (In nicely lilted streets) and when some one flashes pls DO dim the light. If you on Dim just do a flash to indicate that you got lights that beats the crap of the other parties eyes - ( U may have HD or some sort of gizmo)

I generally drive on th enegombo road. when going to colombo its now a very common occurance that you get caught to a sivere jam close to peliyagoda. what our smart (or dumb) drivers do is to switch to the third lane and hammer down to the end of the jam and then try to squeese in. the best part of this is that the police stops the second lane and gives priority to those on the third lane to make room for the ose going towards negombo. this happened to me last saturday and I got really mad with one of the cops as he stopped me and gave room for a guy on the third lane. they are there to maintain law and order and what are these people doing? they are encouraging people to do the wrong thing by giving priority to the third lane. I was for a moment wondering as to why I don't go on the third lane. believe me those guys would have reached colombo a couple of minutes earlier, after doing the wrong thing.

what the police should really do is to just stop those fellows and tear of their driving licence or give them copral punishment like in singapore.

I do not understand when the poeple of our country would learn road decipline. let alone decipline, just a bit of respect to the other drivers.

YES I totally agree.. it's very annoying to see them pass by and join in the queue in front.... I mean we (the guys in the queue) are not having a gala time either - we too want to go our destinations soon....

Pleas A/L members try to avoid doing this if any you U guys are doing this.

I see a lot of small car drivers doing this on the increase.... just because u got a small car does not mean u have the right to act as a moron.

when a fool like that do it again to u.... chase him, overtake and block his way .... :action-smiley-060: