• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Engine For A Maruti Jeep

Kim

Hey,

[On Behalf of San4X4]

what would be the ideal engine with the transmission for a Maruti Gypsy jeep? if anyone knows, any location that i can find a suitable engine, please let know the with the contact numbers..

Specially wants Miniace and Devinda Z's ideas.

Thanks!

Edited by Kim

If my memory is correct there was an old thread about this discussion.

Anyway the Suzuki Samurai engine should fit in the Gypsy with ease.

Also it depends on who does the convesion, consult a good mechanic coz there are Volvo's running with deisel Toyota engines :) hope you get the point.....

If my memory is correct there was an old thread about this discussion.

Anyway the Suzuki Samurai engine should fit in the Gypsy with ease.

Also it depends on who does the convesion, consult a good mechanic coz there are Volvo's running with deisel Toyota engines :) hope you get the point.....

Yes it is the same vehicle. For what reason would you want to put a Jap engine in a Maruti? Does it have anything to do with reliability or parts availability? Or for the simple reason of having pure fun off road. If it is off road I'd recomend you seal the engine properly or use a diesel.

The Suzuki Jimny came with two engines a 1300cc and a 650cc Turbo charged so you can check on this as well. The 1300cc engine is the same one used in the Liana, Ignis, Swift and all 1300cc cars.

Well Dinosh not just Volvo's run with Toyota engines. I've seen old mercs as well.

Suzuki 1.6cc G16B 16v suits well and a straight in job.Some G16s came equiped with Garrett VNT25 turbo.Now that is a rare engine.If you can find one ,you are a winner.

Most of the engines mentioned by other members dont match Maruti bay and drive-train. :rolleyes:

Few months back,noticed a G16.Go to Wijerama Junc or try Silva Motors Katunayake.

MINIACE

B16A or B16B is the engine your looking for it come for the suzuki vitara! Its 1.6 liter engine! I think B16B is a turbo charged engine But its very hard to find B16A you can find it easily! Maybe you should look in U#

B16s for Suzuki ?? very interesting !! tell us more about this machan.