• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help - Engine Problem

lasa

Question

Guys i have a problem and hope any of you guys have a solution. My dissel wagon(Toyota corolla DX - CE 106) had a problem in starting in mornings(sometimes in evenings also). When i try to start, even though car gives indications of stating but doesn't start. Then on second time when try to start engine get started but gives indication of stopping untill i accelarated several times. I thought the problem is in FEED pump and disel filter and replaced them with orginal one yesterday, But again on today morning car didn't start on first try and gave usual trouble again. Any og you guys have idea about this? Also does any of you know a reliable, place to get a "compression test" done on my engine?

Edited by lasa

Thank you Don, but the thing is the engine is fine. Its the damn needle that does it. Engine doesn't rev up unnaturally. Today all the way to work from home the needle was stuck at 8000!!!!! But the car was running fine. I disconnected the batt lead and left it now to see if the ECU will reset itself by the time I leave in the evening. Lets wait and see. A friend of mine mentioned that the Dashboard circuit must be having a bug somewhere. But to see my removing the batt lead and checking.

mate, i had something similar happen to me and I too had a P11. the engine was fine, but the rev counter dropped to zero while I was driving and I thaught there was something wrong with the dashboard. By the end of the day, the car refused to start. Cam shaft sensor had gone and had to be replaced. Agents charged me 14,000 bucks for it. Just double check to make sure.

mate, i had something similar happen to me and I too had a P11. the engine was fine, but the rev counter dropped to zero while I was driving and I thaught there was something wrong with the dashboard. By the end of the day, the car refused to start. Cam shaft sensor had gone and had to be replaced. Agents charged me 14,000 bucks for it. Just double check to make sure.

So it could be the cam sensor as perhaps the rev counter gets its signal from that, and cam sensors on Nissans have a habit of failing (I think sharkster replaced his one on his old Cefiro too). I think you should take the car to a place where they have an engine diagnostic system and get a report, if its the cam sensor it should come up in the test (I do not know how much the agents will charge for it but there are other places who will do it too). If its not then perhaps its an electronic malfunction and somebody like Pala auto electricals would be able to sort you out.

So it could be the cam sensor as perhaps the rev counter gets its signal from that, and cam sensors on Nissans have a habit of failing (I think sharkster replaced his one on his old Cefiro too). I think you should take the car to a place where they have an engine diagnostic system and get a report, if its the cam sensor it should come up in the test (I do not know how much the agents will charge for it but there are other places who will do it too). If its not then perhaps its an electronic malfunction and somebody like Pala auto electricals would be able to sort you out.

Damn.... I dont think I am happy with both answers!!!!! Bummer! Just busted 20K replacing the clutch and a new radiator too. Lets hope......! Thanks guys for the info and the heads up. Really appreciate it.

Guys....whew!!!! Ok first indication of the CAS error iss that the Check Engine light should have been on, it wasn't!!! I checked with my regular mechanic and he sent me to a guy called Rasika in Buthgamuwa and he said its a common issue with Cefiro/Primera/Bluebird dashboards where the circuitry for the meters gets messed up. Its no biggy. He needs to remove the instrument cluster and do some change over. Simple as that! getting that done next week as there is no rush now. Its annoying to see the needle way past the red-line and resting on the opposite stop through!

Well guys im going to show my engine prob to a mechanic this week. He's going to check dissel tank and pipes first for any leaks first and then will chek dissel pump if no prob with tank or pipes. Hope my prob get sovle by this. Thanks all the guys supported me with valuable information till now.

Guys....whew!!!! Ok first indication of the CAS error iss that the Check Engine light should have been on, it wasn't!!! I checked with my regular mechanic and he sent me to a guy called Rasika in Buthgamuwa and he said its a common issue with Cefiro/Primera/Bluebird dashboards where the circuitry for the meters gets messed up. Its no biggy. He needs to remove the instrument cluster and do some change over. Simple as that! getting that done next week as there is no rush now. Its annoying to see the needle way past the red-line and resting on the opposite stop through!

Thats good news, glad you got it sorted

Well guys im going to show my engine prob to a mechanic this week. He's going to check dissel tank and pipes first for any leaks first and then will chek dissel pump if no prob with tank or pipes. Hope my prob get sovle by this. Thanks all the guys supported me with valuable information till now.

Good luck with that, I think it won't be too big a problem, judging by your comments.

looks like you have an air leak. Remove the hose coming into pump (fuel tank side) cut off about and inch and reattach with clamp and see if it helps.

Guys i still have my starting problem still even after getting my dissel tanks cleaned(remove and clean) and getting my dissel pump fixed & pressured(according to mechanic ball joint inside pump was broken). Any of you have any clue why this problem still occurs?

Guys i still have my starting problem still even after getting my dissel tanks cleaned(remove and clean) and getting my dissel pump fixed & pressured(according to mechanic ball joint inside pump was broken). Any of you have any clue why this problem still occurs?

I thought there was a leak in one of the vaccum tubes or something similar. Did you mechanic specifically check for that that all the horses were air tight and correctly fitted.

I thought there was a leak in one of the vaccum tubes or something similar. Did you mechanic specifically check for that that all the horses were air tight and correctly fitted.

Well i checked with mechanic and he told he had checked all pumps comming to feed pump and pumps going from feed pump. So seems no issues there. He told me there might be a problem in feed pump i brought from m* organ**** few weeks back, thinking feed pump is giving the problem. Can it be the problem?

Edited by lasa

Well i checked with mechanic and he told he had checked all pumps comming to feed pump and pumps going from feed pump. So seems no issues there. He told me there might be a problem in feed pump i brought from m* organ**** few weeks back, thinking feed pump is giving the problem. Can it be the problem?

Any suggestions guys?

Edited by lasa

Hey guys

This is strange but true. I had a similar cold start problem and eventually found the problem as a blocked fuel tank breather! What was happening was that when left for a while, specially cold weather, coz the breather was blocked, the contracting air in the tank would pull the diesel back from the system hence the having to pump it before starting. Try this, before leaving the car overnite, take out the fuel cap.If it starts in the morning without any problem then Bingo!

Few years back we also had the same Toyota Corolla CE106 Diesel Station wagon and once it reached around 100,000 kms the same starting problem occurred during the mornings someday. So what we did was, switching the ignition key on and off several times (we tried atleast 4 -5 times I think) and then cranking the engine. All the times it worked. So we suspected it is something regarding the heater plugs. So I would advice you to check your heater plugs first. I dont know whether the following is true but anyway recently I got to know from a mechanic that these Toyota 2C engines which the CE106 has need to be overhauled every 100,000 kms. He told its a common defective characteristic in these 2Cs. So you better check that too. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Strange but I came across a similar problem in a Mitsubishi, turned out to be a small air leak from the front oil seal of the injector pump, try pumping the priming plunger on the fuel filter before trying to stary the engine. If it starts easily the problem is almost certainly between the filter and the injector pump or the pump itself. We just replaced the seal on the pump and the car is fine now.

Maithri

Well thanks for info bro's. Anyway my problem is fixed now. Well problem was in the new feed pump i brought from well known merchant who advertise they selling genuin parts. My mechanic finally decide thats was the part giving peoblem after chacking all other parts related to this. Then my mechanic and i searched for a suitable recondition totyota feed pump for a weeks and wasn't lucky. Then my mechanic fix a recon nissan feed pump instead of toyota one. Only different beteen two types was where the screws goes. Anyway after this change till now my wagon start smoothly everyday. So bottom line is 2500 recondition nissan feed pump fixed the problem which 7500 genuin(now imnot sure its a genuin) toyota feed pump couldn't fix.

Edited by lasa