• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belts

noaim

Seat Belts  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear ur seat belt?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the situation
    • Whats a seat belt?

Guys & Ladies,

Most of the comments I remember from my early days in the UK 1983-when they brought mandatory seat belts for the passengers in the front seats. I had never worn a seat belt in SL so was quiet a strange feeling to wear them here. The authorities not only enforced the law but also carried out many campains to educate public in the need for seat belts. Now I am completely in favour of belts for both front and rear passengers and will not carry any in my car without belts, they have a choice-walk or wear your belt. I don't want to be killed or injured by someone sitting behind me hitting the back of my seat with the weight of an elephant in a 30mph crash!

Just look at the car crash that killed Princess Diana, the only survivor is the one wearing a seat belt. Enough said!

Maithri.

Guys & Ladies,

Most of the comments I remember from my early days in the UK 1983-when they brought mandatory seat belts for the passengers in the front seats. I had never worn a seat belt in SL so was quiet a strange feeling to wear them here. The authorities not only enforced the law but also carried out many campains to educate public in the need for seat belts. Now I am completely in favour of belts for both front and rear passengers and will not carry any in my car without belts, they have a choice-walk or wear your belt. I don't want to be killed or injured by someone sitting behind me hitting the back of my seat with the weight of an elephant in a 30mph crash!

Just look at the car crash that killed Princess Diana, the only survivor is the one wearing a seat belt. Enough said!

Maithri.

You are really correct. I used to wear seat belts and also I encourage everybody to do so. B'coz I had a great accident when I was travelling to Kurunagala with ma Driver. Its a toyota LN106 double cab and started to skid when driver tried to overtake to a lorry. Another bus was coming toward us and he pressed the brake peddle. It started to skid and completely out of command of the driver. We had a serious accident with the bus coming towards us face to face. Had a serious damages to the cab and also to some passengers inside the bus (unfortunately they don't have seat belts). But nothing happen to me and the driver since we were wearing belts. I understand very much what the "SKID" is. :lol:

Don't forget to wear belts even you're traveling in slow speed. Coz any other vehicle coming with a higher speed could make a disaster.

• 1 month later...

I wear them at most times....

I personally think that the passengers should wear it more than the driver since the driver may et a hint when there's a 'crash' ahead and he could make that split second evasive action which would reduce some effects....u knw wt i mean,,

but the passengers will be clueless...

:rolleyes:

I wear them at most times....

I personally think that the passengers should wear it more than the driver since the driver may et a hint when there's a 'crash' ahead and he could make that split second evasive action which would reduce some effects....u knw wt i mean,,

but the passengers will be clueless...

:rolleyes:

good point :)

always wear the seat belt..even for short runs... it becomes a habit and i don't feel un-comfy at all :)

trick is getting the back seat passengers to wear it... shotgun's are easier to convince back back seat fellas always tend to be too smart :P

good point :)

always wear the seat belt..even for short runs... it becomes a habit and i don't feel un-comfy at all :)

trick is getting the back seat passengers to wear it... shotgun's are easier to convince back back seat fellas always tend to be too smart :P

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get ones parents to wear seat belts?!?

lol yes,guy who go shot gun in a particular car instinctively reach of the belt clip the clutch is let out :lol:

If they get smart I make them scream a couple of times, and then they put in on by themselves :D

lol yes,guy who go shot gun in a particular car instinctively reach of the belt clip the clutch is let out :lol:

yeah, and sometimes dont quite manage to buckle it up! :P

If they get smart I make them scream a couple of times, and then they put in on by themselves :D

good technique used by me too....

but it never works with my dad.... if i do it 2 him he'll scream @ me :action-smiley-060:

mom dusnt get in the front seat after once i made her slide on the seat by braking frequently... :unsure:

Always do if its any office vehicle.

Not in mine though........ It doesnt have any :-)

But it can be a bit uncomfortable at times when you are driving around colombo and going through traffic. But in the end they save your life.

Always do if its any office vehicle.

Not in mine though........ It doesnt have any :-)

But it can be a bit uncomfortable at times when you are driving around colombo and going through traffic. But in the end they save your life.

obviously u wont be needing it in the trffic in the city of CMB!! <_<

good technique used by me too....

but it never works with my dad.... if i do it 2 him he'll scream @ me :action-smiley-060:

mom dusnt get in the front seat after once i made her slide on the seat by braking frequently... :unsure:

I don't use that technique on my parents, just my friends :) My parents buckle up. I think they just got tired of the nagging :D

Really don't understand this uncomfortable thing. I don't feel a bit uncomfortable. I actually feel like something is missing if I don't have it on. I take it off to reverse and stuff so I can twist around, and it feels weird then.

I don't use that technique on my parents, just my friends :) My parents buckle up. I think they just got tired of the nagging :D

Really don't understand this uncomfortable thing. I don't feel a bit uncomfortable. I actually feel like something is missing if I don't have it on. I take it off to reverse and stuff so I can twist around, and it feels weird then.

wanted to ask this 4 a long time...

i got reverse sensors in my car and i don't turn around when reversing. i just use all the mirrors and the sound frm the sensors...

is it ok or am i missing somethin?

I've never managed to get the back seat passenger to do that & most of the time I also don't wear it when I'm in somebody else’s vehicle. The only reason is the rear seat belts looks like they've never been pulled out, most of the time looks black.

Always do if it’s any office vehicle.

We have the rule “When you’re travelling in a company vehicle, you MUST wear the seat belts". This applies to both the driver and the front seat passenger.

Really don't understand this uncomfortable thing. I don't feel a bit uncomfortable. I actually feel like something is missing if I don't have it on.

Exactly. I too feel the same. Even to go to top of the road, I do.

When i was in SL i never used to wear my seat belt unless i was being naughty on the road ;). I was in a head on collision and for some luck of mine nothing happened other that a bruiced knee. Looking back i realise how stupid I was. Here its a legal requirement to wear one and i think if i'm not mistaken a £60- penalty but no points on your licence. Just found out that what most of us do/did late at night in the streets of colombo with our cars is called a ''Section 59'' here in uk. you can get cautioned and disqualified to drive if found driving in that manner!!

Btw does anyone know if its a big job to repair if your seat belt doesnt retract freely when you take it off?? (i mean the mechanism)