• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N16 Vs Eg8

2F2F

Question

Guys i just want ur thoughts on this...wht will be more faster??Is it N16 1.5L TWIN CAM Auto (Nissan) or EG8(S carb)....Both r in standard condition..........

mmmm only one way to check it out mate how abt a friendly drag. with the n16 n a eg8 ex( single carb) we can run 2 times rolling start n spot..n for 400m.(or crossing to crossing)

Edited by RACERSEDGE

well i have driven a 1.6L auto N16 that belongs to one of my friends....hmmmm....what if say that the N16 would be faster than the Ex(single carb)....well i dont dont think that the 1.5L version would be that slower than the 1.6L

Edited by GearHead

Is there some point to this thread? Its posted under Mechanical problems. I don't see any problem. I don't see any point in comparing cheap, economical minded family sedans in terms of speed either.

And Gaya, AL does not encourage street racing.

Is there some point to this thread? Its posted under Mechanical problems. I don't see any problem. I don't see any point in comparing cheap, economical minded family sedans in terms of speed either.

And Gaya, AL does not encourage street racing.

Do we really need another EG8 thread? Its ll getting a bit boring now really. And Gaya- drags are held and night right? you want to put people to sleep or what? j/k :):angry-smiley-048:

Oh... I get the whole picture now. You’ve challenged one of your pals with a N16 that your ride is faster than his. Now you have second thoughts & wanna check it with us & pull out before getting humiliated? :action-smiley-060:

..i just suggested to checked the two cars in a friendly manner to see which is good than other( it dont hav to be a road test) kris e can check this any time mate as no beat silancers or ext..n ashan got a point there..mmmm gear head is also saying the n16 is faster...as i see there are lot of issues..i quit..

Oh... I get the whole picture now. You’ve challenged one of your pals with a N16 that your ride is faster than his. Now you have second thoughts & wanna check it with us & pull out before getting humiliated? :action-smiley-060:

smthng lyk that..........

I doubt about this statement

Actually, it doesn't encourage or condone street racing. Mostly just doesn't actively discourage either. Sorta Legal Disclaimer kinda policy.

Although in this case, active discouragement is in order. I've seen what can happen to an uprated EG in experienced hands when things go wrong. And I'm sure everyone saw the pics of that white EG in Seeduwa and don't need reminding of the casualty figures on that.

Actually, it doesn't encourage or condone street racing. Mostly just doesn't actively discourage either. Sorta Legal Disclaimer kinda policy.

Although in this case, active discouragement is in order. I've seen what can happen to an uprated EG in experienced hands when things go wrong. And I'm sure everyone saw the pics of that white EG in Seeduwa and don't need reminding of the casualty figures on that.

well said, that seeduwa incident was a very good example of what happens when High spirits and inexperience combine with speed....... end result is nearly always tragic.

Thnks alot for the warnin....Bt i'm nt stupid enough to be lyk that......I knw abt that seeduwa incident as well.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: still this is goin on....guys the seeduwa case was mainly lequre n inexperiance driving it can happen to any car not only to a eg..

Racers Edge, perhaps we should just call what you suggested an informal road test of the two cars under supervised conditions rather than using the term "friendly drag race"

I think if somebody wants to know how well his or her car performs compared to another car, and provided he or she can find an example of the other car with a willing driver, and can also find a piece of road suitable for the experiment, then he or she is perfectly entitled for such a road test. How exactly this can be done, I will not comment upon.

But I will say which car is faster often depends on the driver as well as the car, and proper track day performance would be mostly determined by driver skill than the car itself (vs straight line performance)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: still this is goin on....guys the seeduwa case was mainly lequre n inexperiance driving it can happen to any car not only to a eg..

Some inexperience going on in this case too, which is mostly my concern. Not to mention that inexperience leading to the thinking that EGs are some kinda supercar is also a concern. If you think that is not the case, all I need to do is to remind you of the quickest "Car Parade" in history. And that happened at .... any guesses??? Honda Meet last year. You took part in that, so you don't need me to give you the details.

Accidents can happen to any car, I agree. If ur talented enough, you could wreck a Evo, even with all the electronics that try to not let that happen. Heck you don't even have to do anything, just sit parked on the side of the road and some racing bus bugger can come and punch your ticket.

I'd agree with Don on the method. Only I'd add a bit about it being an absolutely empty road. However, I really can't say I'd find it interesting. Both are FF family econoboxes. Not the kinda cars I'd be interested in seeing racing.

I'd also strongly agree with Don that it depends on the driver as much as the car.

I'd agree with Don on the method. Only I'd add a bit about it being an absolutely empty road. However, I really can't say I'd find it interesting. Both are FF family econoboxes. Not the kinda cars I'd be interested in seeing racing.

90% of people who own a car in SL drive "family econoboxes"... if one`s having that "im da DUDE drivin an eg8/N16" attitude, thats not so nice i agree..

but still.. i find this performance evaluation of "econoboxes" quite interesting because they are what we always see around in our roads and it`ll be nice to know how you and your "econobox" will perform comparing with other similar kinda vehicles.. :rolleyes:

but still.. i find this performance evaluation of "econoboxes" quite interesting because they are what we always see around in our roads and it`ll be nice to know how you and your "econobox" will perform comparing with other similar kinda vehicles.. :rolleyes:

To each his own. Personally speaking, I've been spoilt by watching Evos, Rexs, Supras and RX-7s. Not to mention a few Type-Rs and such. So, no interest.