• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina 212 & Fb 15

Edward

Hi Guys,

I have a carina AT 212 bearing no 301 -xxxx, 1997 model, I wanted to sell it for 1.5million, but could not simply because of the number. I went to know car sale, & asked for an exchange with a FB 15 2000 model, this guy suggested to pay 1.25 extra for the FB 15. Is it worth?

Hi Guys,

I have a carina AT 212 bearing no 301 -xxxx, 1997 model, I wanted to sell it for 1.5million, but could not simply because of the number. I went to know car sale, & asked for an exchange with a FB 15 2000 model, this guy suggested to pay 1.25 extra for the FB 15. Is it worth?

1.25 as in 1.25 Million? thats a bit on the high side if it is...... Anyway IMO, the Carina is a Much better car than the FB15..... you might want to sell it and go for a later registered one If the number is your biggest issue.....

IMO, i'd just keep it..... its a really great car.

Hi Guys,

don't do it mate :)

LIke somebody said...these are not the best of times to sell cars... hold on to it and if it's great condition...won't be too hard to sell :)

But 1.5 sounds a lil too high though IMHO

Doesn't sound like a deal to me... Then again, you're never likely to get a bargain from a car salesman.

don't fret too much bout numbers... Anyways, if you really want to sell, wait till the tax rise effects come into play (will cut both ways though, seeing as your going to buy one as well)

Hi Guys,

send me an e-mail

Thanks Guys for your advice, But my worry is if i delay further, the market value for the 300/301 number cars, may further drop.

Unlikely SL is one of the few countries where car prices actually appreciate than depreciate

Going from a Carina to a FB15 is sadly a downgrade rather than an upgrade, even if the FB15 is a newer car.

Is the only reason you want to sell your car the fact you are worried it might loose value ?

Thanks Guys for your advice, But my worry is if i delay further, the market value for the 300/301 number cars, may further drop.

No mate. don't sell off and go for a Nissan FB15. it's not worth it. believe me. i used to have one of those FB 15 (Well maintained, With HA plates) As an Office car. you can't even compare that car with a good old AE100. driving conditions is horrible. if you don't believe me, better take a test drive the damn thing before you buy it. you'll notice the difference. you can hear lot of suspension noises, Road noise.. plus the ride is not that smooth like your AT212. you better invest in something else (Car).. or keep your car for sometime. :angry-smiley-048: Don't worry about the Numbers too much. i don't think it'll depreciate that much, cos it's a Toyota. You know that Used Volvo S40 is cheaper than a Used Corolla 121 these days. :grinning-smiley-004:

Edited by Ruslan

Thanks Guys for your valuable advice, decided not to go for FB 15, is there any other choice, where I can spent another hundered thousand & go for a better car?

A "better car" has a lot of interpretations mate.

You mean better in Looks, Driving Experience, Fuel Economy, Reliability and availability of spares, resale value etc...

No mate. don't sell off and go for a Nissan FB15. it's not worth it. believe me. i used to have one of those FB 15 (Well maintained, With HA plates) As an Office car. you can't even compare that car with a good old AE100. driving conditions is horrible. if you don't believe me, better take a test drive the damn thing before you buy it. you'll notice the difference. you can hear lot of suspension noises, Road noise.. plus the ride is not that smooth like your AT212. you better invest in something else (Car).. or keep your car for sometime. :angry-smiley-048: Don't worry about the Numbers too much. i don't think it'll depreciate that much, cos it's a Toyota. You know that Used Volvo S40 is cheaper than a Used Corolla 121 these days. :grinning-smiley-004:

Agreed. thats y i hate nissan

[Agreed. thats y i hate nissan]

Nilantha

would you hate the new Nissan GTR also? :)

I mean it's apparently crappy at fuel figures and parts are pretty pricey etc... But the good thing is unlike the toyota corollas you don't need a tug boat license to drive it though :)

Edited by Ripper

Nilantha

I mean it's apparently crappy at fuel figures and parts are pretty pricey etc... But the good thing is unlike the toyota corollas you don't need a tug boat license to drive it though :)

sorry dud. i don't like "NISSAN" word also. That one also gives same thing when drive few years on local roads.

Edited by Nilantha

sorry dud. i don't like "NISSAN" word also. That one also gives same thing when drive few years on local roads.

Nilantha

a) What car do you drive now?

B) In your opinion what is the best car around that will suit our wallets?

c) Why do you hate Nissans' so much?

Nilantha

a) What car do you drive now?

B) In your opinion what is the best car around that will suit our wallets?

c) Why do you hate Nissans' so much?

a) What car do you drive now? 110

B) In your opinion what is the best car around that will suit our wallets? i belive 121

c) Why do you hate Nissans' so much? i used AD, FB12, FB13 i spend soo much money to stop notice and corrosion. But i fail. if u make a new car you can't stop corotion on nissan when start to come.

Nilantha

Ripper, lost cause mate.... This character probably imagines that the GT-R is a trim level on the nissan sunny! hes a brilliant example of why toyotas have such a huge market share in sri lanka, I've never come across anybody else with such a ridiculously thick skull..... <_<

a) What car do you drive now? 110

B) In your opinion what is the best car around that will suit our wallets? i belive 121

c) Why do you hate Nissans' so much? i used AD, FB12, FB13 i spend soo much money to stop notice and corrosion. But i fail. if u make a new car you can't stop corotion on nissan when start to come.

Pray Tell, what sort of "notice" did you want to stop on these Nissans?

Oddly enough, our family has used both an FB12 and an FB13 for a considerable amount of time, and they gave no issues at all..... not even a hint of this "corrosion you cant stop"..... any car, even your beloved toyotas, WILL give trouble if not properly taken care of, or if the previous user had screwed it up, and then slapped a new coat of paint on it in the interest of selling

Perhaps you got caught like this? :rolleyes:

Edited by Supra_Natural

Pray Tell, what sort of "notice" did you want to stop on these Nissans?

Oddly enough, our family has used both an FB12 and an FB13 for a considerable amount of time, and they gave no issues at all..... not even a hint of this "corrosion you cant stop"..... any car, even your beloved toyotas, WILL give trouble if not properly taken care of, or if the previous user had screwed it up, and then slapped a new coat of paint on it in the interest of selling

Perhaps you got caught like this? :rolleyes:

I propose we simply ignore Nilantha every time he has a go at Nissans without good reason.

I see no other way. Why do you get dragged in to this at all ?

Ha ha. The only car that comes close to the ridiculous cost of aquisition of a 121 in the local context is the EG Civic. Overinflated price is NOT what is called suitable on the wallet. Besides, it totally ignores Starlets.

I propose we simply ignore Nilantha every time he has a go at Nissans without good reason.

I see no other way. Why do you get dragged in to this at all ?

Probably coz people will belive what he says if their is a lack of opposition. "Look, no one says he is wrong, so it must be right" kinda thing.

Probably coz people will belive what he says if their is a lack of opposition. "Look, no one says he is wrong, so it must be right" kinda thing.

I think you under estimate the intelligence of people Peri

We can always NOT reply to his post but simply provide our own feed back, and in that way we are ignoring pointless unsubstantiated material that does not warrant us reading it and trying to understand it and at the same time helping whoever has posted a question.

Wow, thats a really insightful piece of analysis of years of use on a car that was just launched. Must be the years and years of reviews on all kinds of different cars that led to that conclusion. Or a Crystal Ball. Or somekinda narcotic. Have you been getting together with weed behind the toolshed recently?

Edited by Pericles