• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drag Racing In Sri Lanka!

fastcar_fan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look dude, thanks for blessing us with you plethora of quotes. I suggest you continue to stay home and practice your quotes while us "fools" enjoy what we love best.

FYI, the car I was riding in was kicked by cops who ran behind it one night on GP. Actually dented the car.

if you ask me, only an idiot would not know what the car of this nature is capable of. But owning one and knowing how to drive one is a totaly different ball game. I do agree, there ARE many excellent guys who don't drag anymore, but they have proved themselves at some point or another. else they would just be guys who "THINK they could go fast if they wanted to"...

anyways, I can'r afford to preach too much cos I havent run. But I truly cherish these events. so please don't peddle your ideals to the rest. if you can't appreciate it, stay away.

LISTEN..THERE IS SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE WHICH YOU FORGOT. AS I KNOW AUTOLANKA IS A FREE FORUM. AS ITS SAME IN ANY FORUM.

FORUMS ARE NOT ONLY MADE FOR PEOPLE TO PRAISE THE ACTS IN THEM AND WHATS GOING ON BUT ALSO TO CRITICIZE AND ALSO POST FREE THOUGHTS. IF THERE IS A PERSON WHO DOESN'T KNOW THIS BASIC FEATURE..THEN I SUPPOSE HE IS THE WORST IDIOT OF ALL.....i AM SURE THE VERY SENIOR MEMBERS AND MODERATORS CAN CONFIRM WITH YOU ON THIS MATTER ABOUT APPRECIATING AND NOT..YOU KNOW STREET RACING MAY BE A FANTASY AND LIFE FOR SOME..AND JUST MIGHT BE NOTHING FOR SOME. REMEMBER THAT THIS FORUM IS NOT BUILT APON STREETRACING...SO WHY DONT YOU PUT SOME 95% OCTANCE OR IF THATS NOT ENOUGH GO INJECT SOME NOS..AND GO BURN SOME RUBBER...WHILE WE PEOPLE CAN JUST POST A FREE COMMENT. :rolleyes: YOU KNOW WE MEAN NO HARM..DONT BE SO OFFENSIVE :rolleyes:

Priya calm down. No one’s forming a rebellion against you. As some one who has been in both the delivering and receiving end of offensive posts I believe some of the topics we discuss are of great interest to the members and it is quite natural to speak very passionately on what you believe in. Unfortunate sometimes this over enthusiasm can be transmitted in an offensive manner. It’s nothing personnel mate.

LISTEN..THERE IS SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE WHICH YOU FORGOT. AS I KNOW AUTOLANKA IS A FREE FORUM. AS ITS SAME IN ANY FORUM.

FORUMS ARE NOT ONLY MADE FOR PEOPLE TO PRAISE THE ACTS IN THEM AND WHATS GOING ON BUT ALSO TO CRITICIZE AND ALSO POST FREE THOUGHTS. IF THERE IS A PERSON WHO DOESN'T KNOW THIS BASIC FEATURE..THEN I SUPPOSE HE IS THE WORST IDIOT OF ALL.....i AM SURE THE VERY SENIOR MEMBERS AND MODERATORS CAN CONFIRM WITH YOU ON THIS MATTER ABOUT APPRECIATING AND NOT..YOU KNOW STREET RACING MAY BE A FANTASY AND LIFE FOR SOME..AND JUST MIGHT BE NOTHING FOR SOME. REMEMBER THAT THIS FORUM IS NOT BUILT APON STREETRACING...SO WHY DONT YOU PUT SOME 95% OCTANCE OR IF THATS NOT ENOUGH GO INJECT SOME NOS..AND GO BURN SOME RUBBER...WHILE WE PEOPLE CAN JUST POST A FREE COMMENT. :rolleyes: YOU KNOW WE MEAN NO HARM..DONT BE SO OFFENSIVE :rolleyes:

criticism is most welcome and AL is a free site but it has rules and name calling is not one of them... the so called 'jokers' you refer to have been on the forums and have been friends of the site since the dawn of time so if you don't know how to dispense advice or criticism in a civil manner you might want to ask yourself who the real joker is...

:angry-smiley-048: THANK YOU VERY MUCH :angry-smiley-048: Seems like you cannot take anything and get annoyed at once. Here's my token for that.

Wise people are foolish if they cannot adapt to foolish people.

--Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

:angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048:

as much as i hate to repeat myself... aren't YOU the bloke who got annoyed at the people who drag in the first place? so reserve your tokens for your own foolishness... you've got a lot of it...

no ones forgotten anything mate. If you would kindy read your first post in light of what you have just said, you would realise that it was you who insisting that based on one experience you had on greenpath, "drag racing does not exist in sri lanka". The reply was intended for you to realise there is a hell of a lot more to it than you realise at this point

FORUMS ARE NOT ONLY MADE FOR PEOPLE TO PRAISE THE ACTS IN THEM AND WHATS GOING ON BUT ALSO TO CRITICIZE AND ALSO POST FREE THOUGHTS.

you are more than welcome to post your thoughts. However, you were not merely stating your case... You were imposing your ideals on others. I didn't see you respect any person who likes drags, so don't come asking them to respect you.

SO WHY DONT YOU PUT SOME 95% OCTANCE OR IF THATS NOT ENOUGH GO INJECT SOME NOS..AND GO BURN SOME RUBBER

Don't watch so much T.V... Try to get out a little more. A liitle fresh air would do you good.

Edited by Arc Angel

no ones forgotten anything mate. If you would kindy read your first post in light of what you have just said, you would realise that it was you who insisting that based on one experience you had on greenpath, "drag racing does not exist in sri lanka". The reply was intended for you to realise there is a hell of a lot more to it than you realise at this point

you are more than welcome to post your thoughts. However, you were not merely stating your case... You were imposing your ideals on others. I didn't see you respect any person who likes drags, so don't come asking them to respect you.

Don't watch so much T.V... Try to get out a little more. A liitle fresh air would do you good.

I DONT THINK YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING..MAYBE YOU THOUGHT YOU CAN DO IT B'COS YOU ARE A HONDA(VTEC)....THEN I DONT KNOW WHOT TO COMMENT. MAKES ME LAUGH.... :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

ANYWAY I AM REALLY SORRY IF I MENTIONED ANY NAMES..AND THE RACE PICTURE IS FAR MORE THAN I THOUGHT,LETS SAY....

:rolleyes:May the daring racers win!

Edited by priya

I DONT THINK YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING..MAYBE YOU THOUGHT YOU CAN DO IT B'COS YOU ARE A HONDA(VTEC)....THEN I DONT KNOW WHOT TO COMMENT. MAKES ME LAUGH.... :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

ANYWAY I AM REALLY SORRY IF I MENTIONED ANY NAMES..AND THE RACE PICTURE IS FAR MORE THAN I THOUGHT,LETS SAY....

dude

have some courtesy and take your caps lock off... It's irritating to see so many word in all caps :)

it's not me having superior authority on the issue but as a simple gesture of courtesy for those who are trying to read your posts :)

hate to drag myself into a firestorm but my 2 cents from being a guy who doesn't like street racing due to safety reasons especially to other road users...

I think it's unfair to "generalize" folks and pass on judgement the way you have done like in the case of honda vtecs... And even your earlier comments on riced up cars...

some people like em like that and who are we to judge? :)

As long as these folks are not causing any harm to others or endangering them in anyway i don't see why you should insult them.

Personally i don't like ricing but i have no gripe with those who like it. Just because different people have different tastes, opinions and likings it's unfair to insult them

And at the same time i don't think even the street racers can justify the chances they are taking endangering the lives of other road users. There have been few instance where i had to take extreme evasive action just to allow some racer wannabe's have their 15 seconds of fun time on the road... Some time these are ricers and sometimes these are non riced fancy cars

IMHO... one should have respect for the other road users. In general the biggest problem in SL is seems to be the lack of respect for the other man.

Street racers should be more considerate and not put other people lives in jeopardy in their quest to be fast drivers or whatever else they are after...

And other folk who doesn't like ricers and customized cars should not insult the folks who like that sorta stuff...

just my 2 cents and flame on if that's the way forward

Edited by Ripper

well well...its not the first time that people like you jumped in the forum and started useless arguments on stuff without having the actual knowledge/facts.

So far from all your posts and specifically from your post posts its quite clear that you are a person that has very little or limited knowledge on what really goes on in the current drag events. And its also clear that you are sort of a person who wants to criticize what ever that happens in SL. Unlike you and your so called RX8, STi friends, the members here don't stay at home humiliating the guys that actually run the drag scene, so they have a better knowledge about the cars that appear in the drags. May be its just that you watched F&F again and thought that drags were still like the old days. :action-smiley-060:

sorry to say this but you are just humiliating your self by dragging this argument longer and bro next time pls think twice before you make any comments with your ancient knowledge.... :violent-smiley-099:

[quote name='priya' date='Jan 29 2008, 01:12 PM' post='61295' B'COS YOU ARE A HONDA(VTEC)...

Because i AM a Vtec??? Wow, I've gotta tell my parents that they had it all wrong all this while :) you're hilarious dude lol. @ ripper, no ones gonna flame you mate, you have a bit of a point. There is an element of risk involved. Which is why it's important that many of the experienced guys come along to make sure it's as safe as possible. I do not endorse any such activity in the day time on crowed roads

anyways, I can'r afford to preach too much cos I havent run. But I truly cherish these events. so please don't peddle your ideals to the rest. if you can't appreciate it, stay away.

Similar sentiments, tho not as strong. (Wouldn't say "cherish") :D

You were allowed to post your free thoughts. Thats why the posts still stand. You made your point of view known, we made known our point of view about your point of view.

As for your forum theories. Think of it like a country. Countries have laws. Break them and you will be punished under law. However, break the rules of society, and you will not be punishable under law, but you will be ostracized by society and not be welcome in the community.

Also, as Ripper said don't use caps. Caps is considered shouting in online ettiquette, and should only be used to emphasis a point, not to make whole posts.

As for what you said to Arc, that was a suggestion, not an order from authority. Learn the difference.

Besides, you really wanna see "Drag Scene"?

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/c619207.html

Lights, timing equipment, good cars, all in 2005, properly organised and held on an airport runway. So you might wanna correct that quote in your first post,

Well to start off with there Is nothing called actual drag racing in Sri lanka.

<_< QUOTE

FORUMS ARE NOT ONLY MADE FOR PEOPLE TO PRAISE THE ACTS IN THEM AND WHATS GOING ON BUT ALSO TO CRITICIZE AND ALSO POST FREE THOUGHTS.

Good thoughts Arc...........always people have to earn respect.......rather than demanding it.......

<_< QUOTE

Good thoughts Arc...........always people have to earn respect.......rather than demanding it.......

Yeah Good thoughts Arc :rolleyes: !!! & Let's all earn some Respect at the G2G B) !!!

it always had been the same, when a person only had a Moped, and when he could'nt bare seeing all the sexy cars around!

Edited by Kim

so i can see alredy loyt of heads r turning for the G2G...shaq..my mate whats up with mads?? he owes a b day treat too..miniace, fuzzo., grand civic,arc,..shall we work this out..with a date n venue...yo ifthi(over drive) hows things with u mate? r u in 4 a vacation soon..mr madz?? pls get in touch with this soon>>.

and for the drags..people who were there @ greenpath last sat day from 11pm -3am knows wht chills mate...n 3 cheers goes to thivanka & his cool teg dc5..also people who knows drags knows y this 3 cheers r 4...

so i can see alredy loyt of heads r turning for the G2G...shaq..my mate whats up with mads?? he owes a b day treat too..miniace, fuzzo., grand civic,arc,..shall we work this out..with a date n venue...yo (over drive) hows things with u mate? r u in 4 a vacation soon..mr madz?? pls get in touch with this soon>>.

and for the drags..people who were there @ greenpath last sat day from 11pm -3am knows wht chills mate...n 3 cheers goes to thivanka & his cool teg dc5..also people who knows drags knows y this 3 cheers r 4...

Edited by RACERSEDGE

so i can see alredy loyt of heads r turning for the G2G...shaq..my mate whats up with mads?? he owes a b day treat too..miniace, fuzzo., grand civic,arc,..shall we work this out..with a date n venue...yo (over drive) hows things with u mate? r u in 4 a vacation soon..mr madz?? pls get in touch with this soon>>.

machan i heard my old car was there? what happened??

Raceredge! Lets go ahead with what we planned.The G2G and the grand drag.Im in fullthrottle!

MINIACE