• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Club

pradfred

first of all i just want to let you know that you wont get banned from AL for speaking the truth.

since you speak the truth listen to this too....I have spent more than 5 years to bring the Autolanka motoring community to the state where it is now. The truth is anybody can start a website...but to get 15 million hits per month you need to put a lot.

I really wanted to help you guys to form the mazda club under autolanka and have fun. But seems like some of you are intrested in forming up new websites rather than forming up the club. But that's fine with me, if you guys wish to start a different website then please do so I don't mind. You guys can start fresh but don't use AL forum to get publicity to your new websites.

I'm terribly sorry to interrupt again but it's that, there's only 480,000 internet users in sri lanka according to ITU stats until 2007. plus all these people couldn’t be visiting the site. even if there were foreign users there couldn’t possibly be double that amount. what i think is your referring to the server hits of the site. every server retrieval will count as a hit even if there were one person that was logged in. if you have say 2 images and a style sheet, that will count as 3 hits. the simple reason of when some one logs in it will retrive the 2 images and the style sheet making it 3 hits.

and yes plese just forget what I said and carry on with the mazda club. where are you planning to have the club meet ? what about pila house ? we can have koththu as well

why don't you interested parties first get together and form an organizing committee. this way the committee members can share the responsibilities and the workload.

Hey good idea on the committee

but for dat we fisrt gott a meet up ! :unsure:

I have spoken to a guy who is trying to get confirmation about venue availability,

will keep you guys posted never fear ,

I am trying to set up the track as well, lets see if the ground permission will come through first .

Hang in there guys will get this done somehow....... :rolleyes:

I saw a post by Madz via my BB but its not on the site ? :action-smiley-060: Madz you out there ?

first of all i just want to let you know that you wont get banned from AL for speaking the truth.

since you speak the truth listen to this too....I have spent more than 5 years to bring the Autolanka motoring community to the state where it is now. The truth is anybody can start a website...but to get 15 million hits per month you need to put a lot.

I really wanted to help you guys to form the mazda club under autolanka and have fun. But seems like some of you are intrested in forming up new websites rather than forming up the club. But that's fine with me, if you guys wish to start a different website then please do so I don't mind. You guys can start fresh but don't use AL forum to get publicity to your new websites.

AGREE MADZ.

GUYS WE WILL BE ON AUTOLANKA. PERIOD. :love-smiley-013:

LETS DROP THISD AND MOVE ON.

THE CLUB SPIRIT IS TO BRING ALL PETROLHEADS TOGETHER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK (in my humble opinion) MADZ HAS MANAGED TO DO. :food-smiley-004::alc:

SO LETS MOVE ON. :music-smiley-019:

:smilie_liebe9:

MADZ : I WILL NOT FORGET YOUR SUPPORT NOR WILL OTHERS MATE SO TAKE A CHILL PILL AND RELAX !

Mazda & Ford Owners club , will have their branded bras and t shirts soon too.

:D

AGREE MADZ.

GUYS WE WILL BE ON AUTOLANKA. PERIOD. :love-smiley-013:

LETS DROP THISD AND MOVE ON.

THE CLUB SPIRIT IS TO BRING ALL PETROLHEADS TOGETHER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK (in my humble opinion) MADZ HAS MANAGED TO DO. :food-smiley-004::alc:

SO LETS MOVE ON. :music-smiley-019:

:smilie_liebe9:

MADZ : I WILL NOT FORGET YOUR SUPPORT NOR WILL OTHERS MATE SO TAKE A CHILL PILL AND RELAX !

Mazda & Ford Owners club , will have their branded bras and t shirts soon too.

:D

i'm cool bro :action-smiley-031: lets :drinks:

I'm terribly sorry to interrupt again but it's that, there's only 480,000 internet users in sri lanka according to ITU stats until 2007. plus all these people couldn’t be visiting the site. even if there were foreign users there couldn’t possibly be double that amount. what i think is your referring to the server hits of the site. every server retrieval will count as a hit even if there were one person that was logged in. if you have say 2 images and a style sheet, that will count as 3 hits. the simple reason of when some one logs in it will retrive the 2 images and the style sheet making it 3 hits.

:to_pick_ones_nose3:

Ya that sounds good... with Prradfred been the chair person...

I volenteer for any duties

By the way

This may be stale news to most, but it was shock to me…. Just read that DPMC is pulling out form the Ford partnership which apparently is over 50 years.

They claim it’s due to the lack of Ford not having a range ( Bullshit in my humble opinion :angry-smiley-002: ) true not as much scope as QQ or Bujaj…. But come on…

So there goes the only place we could call as a decent joint to take the Mazda’s & Fords to. Really sad to hear that ….. :sad-smiley-047:

I nominate Bugatti :girl_prepare_fish:

I was thinking of Mazdaspeed..!

First, we need to create a directory with all the member's names and mobile numbers.. that way communication would be easy. A passport size photograph too would be great, If it can be done. (camera phones can be used)

right now we only know people by their login names..

Just a thought..!

I was thinking of Mazdaspeed..!

First, we need to create a directory with all the member's names and mobile numbers.. that way communication would be easy. A passport size photograph too would be great, If it can be done. (camera phones can be used)

right now we only know people by their login names..

Just a thought..!

:jumping-smiley-013:

Hey hey hey

Finally action on the page huh

Great.

I have managed to get the ground sorted in terms of the date being available and the owner has also given his ok . :dance3:

Now awaiting the rate for booking for the day. :speechless-smiley-006:

If time permits I will try and get a small handling track laid out as I mentioned with some soft rubber cones, from my frioends in the motor sports clubs.......hopefully :P

Its time for us to now actively get Mazda owners to come this time :)

Lets try and get confirmation from all attendees <_<

great stuff and many thanks for the nomination of chairman- i hope I live upto expectations ..... :(

:jumping-smiley-013:

Hey hey hey

Finally action on the page huh

Great.

I have managed to get the ground sorted in terms of the date being available and the owner has also given his ok . :dance3:

Now awaiting the rate for booking for the day. :speechless-smiley-006:

If time permits I will try and get a small handling track laid out as I mentioned with some soft rubber cones, from my frioends in the motor sports clubs.......hopefully :P

Its time for us to now actively get Mazda owners to come this time :)

Lets try and get confirmation from all attendees <_<

great stuff and many thanks for the nomination of chairman- i hope I live upto expectations ..... :(

U've erned it dude. After all its your idea that brought us all 2gether. :grinning-smiley-043:

:yahoo: Gr8 news with the track. Where is this anyway?

So how r we gonna collect details? Photo thingy is good I wonder our lazzy asses will go 2 such extend to provide details. <_<

Edited by GuruG

For identification purpose, can we at least have some badges? with the handle (log-in name) cos that's the only way we know each other, (i'm speaking for my self :unsure: )

we can print it out and laminate it to be worn with a pin..?

Let's follow the KISS system for this one guys

Let's get some blank badges and then when we meet we write our handles and names and wear that.

At the meeting - I will bring a laptop and let's enter the names etc and get the register going ?

The track - ma plan was a handling course with cones as we did a gymkhana and it was super fun. Not speed related and the power or bhp of the car does not matter. Driving skill and the ability to read your ride, rear or front wheel drive all do however !

I hope I can get it done in time and also have to worry about space .

Was thinking about putting a ad for publicity - about the meet? MaDz - what say you?

Mention AL and give details about event?

SoMe publicity at the agent- for what its worth?

How do we percolate the message guys at zero cost? Ha ha a challenge to any marketer!

Need some ideas.

Let's get ready to party hearty.

Let's get some blank badges and then when we meet we write our handles and names and wear that.

At the meeting - I will bring a laptop and let's enter the names etc and get the register going ?

The track - ma plan was a handling course with cones as we did a gymkhana and it was super fun. Not speed related and the power or bhp of the car does not matter. Driving skill and the ability to read your ride, rear or front wheel drive all do however !

Was thinking about putting a ad for publicity - about the meet? MaDz - what say you?

How do we percolate the message guys at zero cost? Ha ha a challenge to any marketer!

Need some ideas.

Give me the details abt location, time etc. I'll print sum leaflets n spread around Delkada area.

Prad Havin a track event is a gr8 attraction. For the track layout i suggest a straight line 2 the finish after all the twists n turns.

Hey only 2 more weeks n so much 2 do.....

1.Advertise

2.Member confirmation

3.Finalise the Location

4.Money Collection

5.Print Ts n Bras

6.Hire Russians 2 wear the bras :angry-smiley-048:

At the entrance should we collect n entrance fee from unconfirmed members?

Need some ideas.

hay pradfred, send me the details and i will put up an banner in AL, when are you hoping to have this?

once everything is confirmed i'll put up a separate mini site under AL with all club details,events and members ect... URL "www.autolanka.com/mazda" or "mazda.autolanka.com" and it will have a permanent link from AL main page. hope you guys like that idea? any other suggestions are most welcome.

this month 29th i'm planning to have a AL G2G @ excel world...still waiting for the confirmation from the management. I hope it'll be a good chance for you guys to come and have a chat with regards to your future events ect..

Great stuff.

Venue : is the MRA Autodrome in Pelawatte . -I am awaiting formal confirmation on this.we must also have it in da morning as the weather ....date is the 30th Sunday.

But will we be tired after the AL get together on 29th?

Maybe a week later?

I had a brilliant idea suddenly ( it happens ya know :) why not all of us who are active in this forum meet sometime during the coming week - after work and discuss all the operational details ? A sort of Commitee meeting?

if ok with you guys we can meet at SSC on Tuesday at about six? One hour max and then we can all agree who does what.

Madz will also be welcome along with all those guys who have been supporting this club durings its birth.

Then we can also collect cash etc and get the russians ooops - I mean the T shirts etc

Madz: thanks for your ideas on the publicity and yes we would love either option.

Also as GuruG asks the collection of a fee for drive ins can also be fixed.

Suggest buying some plain black collared T shirts and getting em screen printed is the best option till we have a proper membership base.

What sayest all shall we meet up at ssc and have a chat and of course since its a club a few drinks, some hot buttered cuttlefish, mustard pork, fried hedellas, and some cheese toast to finish up. ?

He he did not have lunch yet guys sorry :)

Edited by pradfred

Guys. Is there a CX7 in SL? Yesterday I got a fleeting glimpse of a windowline of a sleek SUV which caught my eye. Did not see the rest of the car due to traffic and the distance. I couldn't put my fingure on it until this morning. That window line has to be a CX7!

There is a CX7 (Un-reg) at a car sale in Kohuwala (near my house)

It's shade of apple green..

Shall go see it today n try to get a price..

Guys. Is there a CX7 in SL? Yesterday I got a fleeting glimpse of a windowline of a sleek SUV which caught my eye. Did not see the rest of the car due to traffic and the distance. I couldn't put my fingure on it until this morning. That window line has to be a CX7!

ya I saw 1 too wonder if it's the same 1 but the 1 I saw was light blue coming out of car mart

Need some ideas.

Hi Guys,

Tuesday sounds fine 4 me too

Well the badge idea is good just a simple system would be good.

With regards to getting the word out I can get some Mazda branded banners from my garage guys – Mazda Motors ( Nothing abt the garage just logos and stuff of Mazda )

I can also post a notice at his place of the event so that we can get other uses of Mazda & ford to come.

So let me know the date and time and any other info so that I can get it running. Also will look at publicity through the agents Mazda but can not confirm it yet...any 1 at Ford although they are closing up shop ???

Hay Madz – that’s great idea… can we look at having a list of the members and contact number (Those who wish) been uploaded with a small pic of the ride – sort of a database… can talk when we meet

PS : Any luck with the A/L sticker ???

GUYS,

A small mess up[ on my part. :action-smiley-012:

can we meet on Wednesday evening maybe after 7 pm?

I am running out of the place a bit urgently.

Or else the team can meet up and then update me.

BTW who is actually coming? :unsure:

Mazdaspeed has confirmed,

GuruG? GTAm?

Pericles, Sparky, velocity, bugatti, Madza, ????

C mon mates - who needs an excuse to hang out with da boyz? :alc:

Edited by pradfred