• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Passo Doing Low On Mileage

imtiazkhadabi

Question

hi.. i purchased a toyota passo 2005 model abt 3 months ago... i hv noted that the mileage is quite ordinary for a 990cc vehicle as it barely does 10 kmpl...

i hv yet to service the vehicle.. i run with the a/c on 80 % of the time.. and i never push pedal to metal... acceleration is done very steadily... it has automatic transmission, and i look to hv it go into 3rd + as much as possible...

vehicle is running quite smoothly... with engine noise at a minm, etc...

is there something wrong with the vehicle that is causing this relatively low mileage...

is there anything specific that i need to get looked at... pls help !

3 answers to this question

The engine capacity being low does not necessarily mean that it is going to be very fuel efficient. The weight to power ratio should be such that the fuel efficiency is optimum, which means a heavier vehicle with a low capacity engine will give a lower mileage than the same vehicle with a higher capacity engine. I have heard that Cherry QQs & Nissan March cars are not very fuel efficient. Donno about the Passo though. Just my Rs. 0.02 :)

hi.. i purchased a toyota passo 2005 model abt 3 months ago... i hv noted that the mileage is quite ordinary for a 990cc vehicle as it barely does 10 kmpl...

i hv yet to service the vehicle.. i run with the a/c on 80 % of the time.. and i never push pedal to metal... acceleration is done very steadily... it has automatic transmission, and i look to hv it go into 3rd + as much as possible...

vehicle is running quite smoothly... with engine noise at a minm, etc...

is there something wrong with the vehicle that is causing this relatively low mileage...

is there anything specific that i need to get looked at... pls help !

I think you better take a look at your Engines Sensors (Mass air flow air sensor, Oxygen Sensors.. etc u dnt need to replace them, just a cleaning would do) and what about Plugs? are they Copper ones or Iridiums.. you better take 'em out and take a look.. and last, doing a fuel system clean will do the job.. :rolleyes: