• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car Is Preferred....

seeker

Question

Guys,

After seeing and hearing different views about the latest models in Sri Lanka from popular manufacturers, thought of asking this Q from you all....

Given there's no cash issue, which of the below cars would you buy? and why?

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

Edited by seeker

my understanding is UK version of Yaris and the one that goes to SL is two different cars. Therefor 121 will still be in the top.

The Yaris in SL is a sedan, and comes with 1300cc and 1500cc engines I believe, and is a bit smaller than the Corolla. So I guess it should be a little bit more fuel efficient than the Corolla though not by much. The Vitz is the Yaris we are used to seing in the UK (the old version)

The New Civic 1.8 is supposed to get 8kmpl. If you think thats good, I'll sell you my car that does 7 for half the price of a Civic. :rolleyes:

For one thing, No one said RR. For another thing, the RR won't have the comfort OR the maintenance ease. Anyway, doubt the NEW Civic will be easy to maintain like a EG.

up to now theres no serious maintainance issues with my fathers new civic almost 15mnts to jan..i drive it lot in the week end n it gives good comfrt n it does over 8 mate..n long runs abt 10..so thats y i quoted it as what i like..n by the way did any1 mentioned of maintainance of eg's well take my word it needs very little maintinance...

Is Corolla 121 and 141 engines same?

Also what is the difference between corolla 121 G & X.

I know X is expensive than G.

No machan G is superior than X. if you can compare two of these. you can see that X is lacks with fully automatic Air Conditioner & Teak panels etc. and it doesn't even got Tacho. in 121 Range, Corolla Luxel is the fully loaded version. it's got 1.8L Engine (1ZZFE VVTI) same engine goes with US Version of Corolla.

Check the Luxel

and heres the G Version (It's got the same Aircon controls as Luxel, but check the Gear Shifter)

Check the X (Observe the Aircon controls..)

regarding your first question, No the latest 141 Imported by dealers got the 3ZZ-FE Dual VVTI 1.6L Engine (Don't know about the JDM Model Corolla Axio) and the Older 121 G version got the 1NZ-FE VVTI 1.5L Engine and the Luxel Version Got the 1ZZ-FE VVTI 1.8L (Same As Allion A18) Engine. and some X Versions got 2NZ-FE 1.3L Model Engines too. i herd these are bit underpowered for a Corolla.

Edited by Ruslan

up to now theres no serious maintainance issues with my fathers new civic almost 15mnts to jan..i drive it lot in the week end n it gives good comfrt n it does over 8 mate..n long runs abt 10..so thats y i quoted it as what i like..n by the way did any1 mentioned of maintainance of eg's well take my word it needs very little maintinance...

I don't doubt that dude, but any brand new car should require very little maintenance. I'm just pointing out that when it DOES need maintenance, its gonna be expensive compared to the older, less complicated cars. This is, of course, true of any of the new cars on the list, not just the civic.

And dude, over 8 on weekend driving and 10 on long runs isn't impressive. My mom's Gen2, with no variable valve system, and a really crap auto gearbox can match those kinda figures. And that does most of its running in Colombo.

Long runs just 10.. !!! is that a VTEC? thats bad for a civic i guess <_< any Civic experts here.? im gonna take out my previous choice regarding Civic and stick with A18 Allion. No way! :ninja:

The New Civic 1.8 is supposed to get 8kmpl. If you think thats good, I'll sell you my car that does 7 for half the price of a Civic. :rolleyes:

Dude 7 on your car is just bad... with type R's doing 10+ while all weighing in around the same amount. At the same time heavy 2lt 20v's also do there abouts if not a bit better :)

Dude 7 on your car is just bad... with type R's doing 10+ while all weighing in around the same amount. At the same time heavy 2lt 20v's also do there abouts if not a bit better :)

Yeah, well, I know that, and Type R's don't idle at 1.1k, as you know. Anyway, this is WAY OT.

Long runs just 10.. !!! is that a VTEC? thats bad for a civic i guess <_< any Civic experts here.? im gonna take out my previous choice regarding Civic and stick with A18 Allion. No way! :ninja:

Personal experience.... 1.6l version civic..... 7-8 in Colombo traffic... around 13-14 outstation flat track..... 10 in hill country....

like to know what the figures for Allion would be..... and more importantly, whether it'll have the same Driving pleasure...

10 seems a bit low, if we are talking of a drive on low country.... better change the driving style a bit mate.... :)

Personal experience.... 1.6l version civic..... 7-8 in Colombo traffic... around 13-14 outstation flat track..... 10 in hill country....

like to know what the figures for Allion would be..... and more importantly, whether it'll have the same Driving pleasure...

10 seems a bit low, if we are talking of a drive on low country.... better change the driving style a bit mate.... :)

Don't know about the Allion. but in my Corolla its the Same engine (1.8L) it does 11kmpl on City and 16-17 km pl in Outstations. i guess Allions figures must be closer to that since its got the same engine. dunno anything regarding the tranny though. regarding the driving pleasure.. nothing satisfies like a Subaru Forester :jumping-smiley-013:

On the driving pleasure.. dont know about the A18 but the A15 is terrible outstation- one of the worst handling Toyota's I've driven sadly- and from what I hear its fuel economy is poor as well, and it does not come with rear disks..

True.. A15 is bit underpowered.

Thanks

No machan G is superior than X. if you can compare two of these. you can see that X is lacks with fully automatic Air Conditioner & Teak panels etc. and it doesn't even got Tacho. in 121 Range, Corolla Luxel is the fully loaded version. it's got 1.8L Engine (1ZZFE VVTI) same engine goes with US Version of Corolla.

Check the Luxel

and heres the G Version (It's got the same Aircon controls as Luxel, but check the Gear Shifter)

Check the X (Observe the Aircon controls..)

regarding your first question, No the latest 141 Imported by dealers got the 3ZZ-FE Dual VVTI 1.6L Engine (Don't know about the JDM Model Corolla Axio) and the Older 121 G version got the 1NZ-FE VVTI 1.5L Engine and the Luxel Version Got the 1ZZ-FE VVTI 1.8L (Same As Allion A18) Engine. and some X Versions got 2NZ-FE 1.3L Model Engines too. i herd these are bit underpowered for a Corolla.

On the driving pleasure.. dont know about the A18 but the A15 is terrible outstation- one of the worst handling Toyota's I've driven sadly- and from what I hear its fuel economy is poor as well, and it does not come with rear disks..

hmm, one of my friends who had one is quite enthusiastic about his .... but then, have to consider what he is comparing too...

Nice line in the sig Pila, Just noticed "slowly fading out of the power of dreams and Shifting_ to the future" part :D

I got almost the same figures from my 1.6 Alfa 156. 7.5 in Colombo 11 on upcountry roads. It really is very difficult to have a gentle driving style in an Alfa so about 90% of my driving is aggressive and hard.

I have become very suspicious about ppl who claim 16 and 17 km/L. Recently a collegue of mine said that one of his pals who uses a Corolla 121 claimed this. He then questioned how he calculated the consumption and it was all wrong.

I have achived those figures only in non turbo diesel cars that are slow as snails.

I got almost the same figures from my 1.6 Alfa 156. 7.5 in Colombo 11 on upcountry roads. It really is very difficult to have a gentle driving style in an Alfa so about 90% of my driving is aggressive and hard.

I have become very suspicious about ppl who claim 16 and 17 km/L. Recently a collegue of mine said that one of his pals who uses a Corolla 121 claimed this. He then questioned how he calculated the consumption and it was all wrong.

I have achived those figures only in non turbo diesel cars that are slow as snails.

I've done the calculations machan, Set Trip meter to '0' (When u filling ur tank). and note down the Fuel Liters you got. after the trip note down the Odo Again when you fill up ur tank again. Divide the Kms traveled by the amount of Ltrs it took to refill the tank. The result will be your car's average Kmpl.

Edited by Ruslan