• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fz Numbers

welcome

Question

Anyone notced 99 regd non DPL cars ? Here I came across one :o Any idea?

fznumberszy6.jpg

fznumberszy6.b30b46618f.jpg

MINIACE

i was under the impression that 99-XXXX was the successor of 65-XXXX.. and since not that many new diesel cars were coming, it didnt get that widely used. And the English plates came in quite shortly afterward...

Edited by Dilesh

i was under the impression that 99-XXXX was the successor of 65-XXXX.. and since not that many new diesel cars were coming, it didnt get that widely used. And the English plates came in quite shortly afterward...

This is possible I guess.The pictured car smoked like a diesel one.

MINIACE

Is there any duty or tax to be paid after purchase of a DPL vehicle by a normal person ?

Thanking you,

Nissan Cdj

If the expat owner was entitled to a duty free car (which would imply the DPL car would be duty free) then when the normal person buys it duty has to be paid on it. It used to be that the duty was calculated based on the depreciated value of the car when the normal person was purchasing it (considering how the policies change in SL not sure if that has changed). Also depending on the registration number you will have to pay to get a new number etc...not entirely up to date on any other taxes that may be applicable.

Some DPL cars brought down by various missions cannot be sold locally and need approval by several ministries for disposal in SL.