• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Permit To Buy Up To 1600cc Petrol

flash

The new permits are NON TRANSFERABLE upto 5 years

All vehicles bought with the permits will have the letter denoting the type of fuel used marked in Red colour on the number plate, for identification purposes of all authorities concerned

How much a permit cost?

They are not supposed to be available for purchase Kulunu and an attempt to sell or purchase a permit would be illegal.

Having said that this does happen in SL, and people do trade in permits, but I think to safe guard the reputation of this forum such trading and conversations should be done through more private channels.

They are not supposed to be available for purchase Kulunu and an attempt to sell or purchase a permit would be illegal.

Having said that this does happen in SL, and people do trade in permits, but I think to safe guard the reputation of this forum such trading and conversations should be done through more private channels.

I agree.

How can you pin point the actual owner to the permit holder. Check the owners ID with the name in the registration book? you can always say it's your uncles and you borrowed it for couple of days.

all the MP permits are non transferable too but they are wildly used by normal public

give it some time..after all these permit vehicles hit the road, the authorities will start checking on all these permit vehicles and apparently if they find anything out of order, the vehicle is taken

You kidding right? When was the last time a law was put to full effect in SL?

You kidding right? When was the last time a law was put to full effect in SL?

As far as i know the permit you get when a person retire from the service can be transferable. (ex: Military personal, Govt. Secretaries etc, and i think this is some kinda special permit and the approved engine capacity if bit higher than regular normal doctor permits) one of my friends dad was in the Military. he got his hands with this permit, last i know that he sold it to some one else. he told us that it can be transferable. but not the Doctor permits.

Edited by Ruslan

I have a question regard to this as well.

If you get a permit worth 1.6m and if the car you are looking for is over 1.6m, can you pay the deficit and buy a higher value car? Or do you have to stick to the permit value?

What are the options in this price range (1.6m)

As far as i know the permit you get when a person retire from the service can be transferable. (ex: Military personal, Govt. Secretaries etc, and i think this is some kinda special permit and the approved engine capacity if bit higher than regular normal doctor permits) one of my friends dad was in the Military. he got his hands with this permit, last i know that he sold it to some one else. he told us that it can be transferable. but not the Doctor permits.

That permit has been there for a while. It was not given under the recent permit regulations. It is fully transferable and sells for 2 Mil +. This permit is applicable to a grade of public servant who are allowed to take ownership of their official vehicle when they retire. They can either take home the official vehicle provided it is at least 3 years (I think) old or opt for the permit instead.

How can you pin point the actual owner to the permit holder. Check the owners ID with the name in the registration book? you can always say it's your uncles and you borrowed it for couple of days.

all the MP permits are non transferable too but they are wildly used by normal public

Ur not supposed to lend it to anyone. Not even the driver to get it serviced, by the letter of law :D Interesting to see how it applies.

It's not logically possible to implement such a law. It's against public policy to enforce such regulation. i.e. not let anyone else other than the registered owner to drive the vehicle.

So you can imagine how these transactions can take place.

It's not logically possible to implement such a law. It's against public policy to enforce such regulation. i.e. not let anyone else other than the registered owner to drive the vehicle.

So you can imagine how these transactions can take place.

This is Sri Lanka! There doesn't need to be anything faintly resembling logic to make something law :crazy_pilot:

And yes, I can. Slip a few notes to the protectors of the law look the other way. :wasntme:

I think problem comes to the seller of the permit rather than the buyer because Income tax department may ask explanations that how the permit holder earned money for the new car and acordingly tax to be paid. :rolleyes:

I have a question regard to this as well.

If you get a permit worth 1.6m and if the car you are looking for is over 1.6m, can you pay the deficit and buy a higher value car? Or do you have to stick to the permit value?

What are the options in this price range (1.6m)

Anybody??? :unsure:

Anybody??? :unsure:

you cannot exceed the permit value. however note, that the value given in the permit is for the CIF value (without tax), to illustrate with a permit for 1.6m you can get yourself a corolla which has a CIF value around 1.3m....with all the taxes the car comes to around 2.5m (25% of the total), so in that sense you can exceed the amount...but the CIF needs to be below the permit limitation

• 2 weeks later...