• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replace Atf

wheel_buddy

Check this clip out guys.... ATF flush without a machine.... :-)

i guess a combination of manual filter cleaning & ATF replacement shown in this video would be a good solution

I've seen this one before and I must say that it's a safe way to do it on a 6th Gen Accord. Why? I have a 6th gen Accord

and they are prone to trans failures (seriously, have seen so many of them with ruined A/Ts at certain mileages.)

I have learned my lesson and I'd only do the drain and refill by hand, using genuine Honda ATF. And, yes it will require a little more

trans fluid.

A flushing machine will force transmission fluid through the tranny at low pressure. So this could harm your tranny.

I think doing it manually is safe for the long run. I'm only saying this based on what I know about Hondas, maybe, it's a different

story for a Toyota :rolleyes: .

I changed my ATF in the E36 at the agent last week. Simple job, drop the pan in the sump, drain the oil, pull out the filter, Replace/Clean (they cleaned mine), clean the sump pan, clean the magnets, put a new gasket, tighten the 12 bolts back with a torque wrench, then put the new oil back (5+ liters) through the sump drain plug. Supposed to get messy as it needs to pumped in and when it fills to the correct level some oil spills out.

The ZF transmission on almost all the BMWs are not supposed to be serviced with the standard D3 or D4 oils. (cause for many tranny failures in this country, it seems).

They replaced mine with Esso, (manufacturer recommended) cost a bit but good for the next 100k kms.

Edited by VVTi

This is what my Hyundai factory service manual says.

REPLACEMENT

If you have a fluid changer, use this changer to replace the fluid. If you do not, replace it using the following procedure.

1. Disconnect the hose, which connects the transmission and the oil cooler which is within the radiator only in 2.0L engine (2.7L-the oil cooler is separated).

2. Start the engine and let the fluid drain out. Running conditions:"N" range with engine idling.

CAUTION

The engine should be stopped within one minute after it is started. If the fluid has all drained out before then, the engine should be stopped at that point.

3. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the transmission case to drain the fluid.

4. Install the drain plug via a gasket and tighten it with the specified torque.

5. Pour the new fluid in through the oil filler tube.

CAUTION

Stop pouring if the full volume off fluid cannot be poured in.

6. Repeat the procedure in step(2).

NOTE

Check the old fluid for contamination. If it has been contaminated, repeat the steps(5) and (6).

7. Pour the new fluid in through the oil filler tube.

8. Reconnect the hose, which was disconnected in step (1) above and firmly replace the oil level gauge after wiping off any dirt around it.

9. Start the engine and run it at idle for 1~2 minutes.

10. Move the select lever through all positions and then move it to the "N" position.

11. Drive the vehicle until the fluid temperature rises to the normal temperature (70~80C) and then check the fluid level again. The fluid level must be at the HOT mark.

12. Firmly insert the oil level gauge into the oil filler tube.

Please note this is for Hyundai.