• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cars Under 6 Lakhs !!!

N_Shad

If I may add my 2c to this, Since this IS your very first car, That Trueno may actually turn out to be a decent choice for your budget.... you can probably get it for less than the stated price, it has solid mechanicals, and it is a fun car to drive.... being Rear-Drive means it will definitely be a lot of laughs...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may add my 2c to this, Since this IS your very first car, That Trueno may actually turn out to be a decent choice for your budget.... you can probably get it for less than the stated price, it has solid mechanicals, and it is a fun car to drive.... being Rear-Drive means it will definitely be a lot of laughs...

If i weren't so hooked up in a sedan for "lifestyle" reasons...i probably would've gone for an AE86 and add some muscle to it :)

rear wheel drives are so much fun to drive...especially sideways :lol:

I know a friend who is wanting to sell his CRX, its a 19-xxxx. The prob is that its over your budget.

However why not look for a TX3 or 323, they are good cars & fall within your budget. Will keep my eyes open & let you know if i come accross a good car!

Thanx thanx....but please try to find it quickly...coz id really like to drive it on ma b'day...& dats Aprill 3rd.....thanx guys....Racersedge PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZ.......HeLp Me.....

why am i not able to view any photos of the classifieds.... :unsure:

OMG...

how can this be...!! :(

ive been thinkin that its something rong wid da server....

y i blocked a few components of the web such as google ads....so thats what hapd...

thnx for the feedback...

I know a friend who is wanting to sell his CRX, its a 19-xxxx. The prob is that its over your budget.

However why not look for a TX3 or 323, they are good cars & fall within your budget. Will keep my eyes open & let you know if i come accross a good car!

hey whats da price he's asking 4 ??? cant i negotiate with him....

machan how on earth am i suppose to use the PM facility ?? Everytime i try to PM some1 i get an acces denied error..

hey whats da price he's asking 4 ??? cant i negotiate with him....

machan how on earth am i suppose to use the PM facility ?? Everytime i try to PM some1 i get an acces denied error..

Means you aint supposed to use the PM facility, innit?

Guys....what about a STARLET....GT ???

And if its around 7k....then what about da fuel economy ???

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=4197

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=3958

pls pls reply ...i want yer honest replies...

i really want a vehicle...& ma mum's not letting me to go after bikes...

tc

Edited by N_Shad

tc

I don t think you will be able to buy a GT on your budget! Because i think GT s' price range is above 10 laks !! Best would be to wait until you find a good CRX that comes within your budget!! :)

Edited by Dj shan

I don t think you will be able to buy a GT on your budget! Because i think GT s' price range is above 10 laks !! Best would be to wait until you find a good CRX that comes within your budget!! :)

..::SAD::.. But thanx for da reply..SoB !! But if its da truth have to face it...But where's ma CRX ??????

Today saw a march <17-> modified to da max...looked kinda like a CRX... (RED1)

Any1 any luck on a crx...in my range...no jokes pls..

Hope RACERSEDGE gets lucky enough to find me a CRX....

Love ya all @ AuToLaNkA

tc

at some points....i doubt whether u are me!!!

<_<

Love ya all @ AuToLaNkA

Your gonna change ur mind after I say this.

Look, I can appreciate the enthusiasm of youth, coz I'm not that old despite the fact that this is gonna make me sound like a granddad.

The single most important thing in getting a car is PATIENCE!

Stop acting like a whiny brat. Ur eager. We all get it. There are people who want to help you, but they need time, coz you don't just take the first car you come across. Its a big investment, and its expected to be of service for some time, so you don't rush into things.

So calm down, and let racersedge and co do their thing. And remember, final choice is yours, whoever finds a car and gives you. YOU make the wrong choice, YOU have to live with the consequences.

And quite frankly, if you don't have the ability to practice some self control even on the forums, then you won't be able to control urself in car, and THAT is a serious risk to other road users. Are you mature enough to take on the responsibility of buying and owning and DRIVING a car? You sit in a box with four wheels carrying around a large quantity of flammable chemicals, and if you make a mistake, or you are careless, you are responsible for LIVES. Not just yours either. Are you ready for it?

Choosing a car is like choosing a woman. Take ur time and find a good one, life will be good. Don't do that, you might get lucky, or then again you might not. Then ur stuck with a high maintenance model that breaks down, stops looking good, is a constant drain on your pocket and a weight on your mind.

Oh, and while your waiting, do some studying on the car, and cars in general. It'll help you pass the time and get better prepared.

Sorry...ppl.

Im practicing patience...BUT.....Dont ya think i waited enough ????

thanx for replying.

Patience is like gold, if you run around and get something bad just because you just want it you will pay for it.

Be a bit calm and wait and observe what cars go for and then make a decision, its ok for you to look at many cars as possible as it'll help you understand what you are actually looking at.

In the meanwhile like what Ripper said the Toyota AE86 Trueno is a nice car, though I prefer the price to be lower than that cos its been gas converted. Also from AL classifieds you may also look at the Honda Intedgra, but before you jump the gun ask the guys around to see what you are to expect.

Also pls do take a look at the Sunday papers, there were some Ford Tx3's a couple of weeks ago, so go check it out.

..::SAD::.. But thanx for da reply..SoB !! But if its da truth have to face it...But where's ma CRX ??????

Today saw a march <17-> modified to da max...looked kinda like a CRX... (RED1)

Any1 any luck on a crx...in my range...no jokes pls..

Hope RACERSEDGE gets lucky enough to find me a CRX....

Love ya all @ AuToLaNkA

I was thinking the same thing Peri said but wasn't bold enough to be the 1st to say it though :)

This being your first car you really SHOULD wait a while and make sure you get a proper one... Many of us go see many a car before making a final purchase... and if the car is a rarer one like the CRX it WILL take even longer.. A good example is our S_N.. i dont think even he himself remembers how many cars he went to see before he made the purchase...

Plus 600,000 is a lot of money, and you dont want it washed down the drain, on a bad car, that you got simply cos you wanted it too soon...

Also may i note your comment "modified to da max" is quite unsettling... remember a big-ass body kit doesnt mean its a faster car... in most sri lankan cases, it means quite the opposite!

dont be a noob mang...u need to be more patient especialy cos its ur first car.....u dnt wnt to spend 600000 on a car which needs another 300000 to get it runnin as a decent vehicle....i saw 92 legecy for sale in todays classifieds for arnd ur price u should check it out when you have the time.....guys wasnt there a 1st generation MR2 up for sale sometime back....think twas yellow one but purple before...anyone knw wut happend to that

Hey N_Shad send me a mail to [email protected] i will pass the details of my friend for you to check out the CRX

As all others say be patient & look for the best value for money!

Btw that yellow MR2 was in Kurana sometime back & disappeared. There is another Red MR2 for sale in Kurana, i'm not-at -all covinced of the condition of it & was expecting 9 laks+

• 2 weeks later...
Btw that yellow MR2 was in Kurana sometime back & disappeared. There is another Red MR2 for sale in Kurana, i'm not-at -all covinced of the condition of it & was expecting 9 laks+

...too steep for a mk1 i reckon always thought would be in the 6 to 7.5 category....

saw the yellow one 5 yrs bk at pilla i was droolin all over it......the memory of that car is still carved in my head :D

Edited by YALA

saw the yellow one 5 yrs bk at pilla i was droolin all over it......the memory of that car is still carved in my head :D

if your refering to the yellow car with the black top and white rims, its a Supercharged varient which originally belonged to a lankan cricketing legend back in the 80's!

Devinda_Z Posted Yesterday, 10:56 PM

if your refering to the yellow car with the black top and white rims, its a Supercharged varient which originally belonged to a lankan cricketing legend back in the 80's!

yup thats the one...prob the YOM is after 87 if its supercharged...