• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem With The Clutch

Iroshana

Question

I recently replaced the clutch washers in the pump near the engine. (I mean the pump which is pushing clutch lever of the engine.). After that I can feel clutch pedal is not coming up when I keep the pedal pushed for few minutes. Its coming but slowly. The engine is 4DR5. The jeep is a modified one which i got recently. No idea whether it has the original configuration since it has modified by one of Osanda's cousin. :lol: Any ideas please.

Anyway hope to see ya all in todays g2g.

2 answers to this question

I recently replaced the clutch washers in the pump near the engine. (I mean the pump which is pushing clutch lever of the engine.). After that I can feel clutch pedal is not coming up when I keep the pedal pushed for few minutes. Its coming but slowly. The engine is 4DR5. The jeep is a modified one which i got recently. No idea whether it has the original configuration since it has modified by one of Osanda's cousin. :lol: Any ideas please.

Anyway hope to see ya all in todays g2g.

Do not know if you got the answer to your problem at the G2G but it sounds like either the washers haven't bedded in the pump cylinder properly, or the cylinder itself is worn out so much that fluid is leaking through the seals which explains why the clutch takes a bit of time to come up (I guess even with the leaks eventually the cylinder does get pressed down long enough to lift the clutch !)

it is possible you might need to overhaul the pump or replace it completely !! but lets hope it does not come to that.

Do not know if you got the answer to your problem at the G2G but it sounds like either the washers haven't bedded in the pump cylinder properly, or the cylinder itself is worn out so much that fluid is leaking through the seals which explains why the clutch takes a bit of time to come up (I guess even with the leaks eventually the cylinder does get pressed down long enough to lift the clutch !)

it is possible you might need to overhaul the pump or replace it completely !! but lets hope it does not come to that.

Don thank you very much for your info. I went to the garage and figure out where the problem is. It happen due to one hose blocked near the main pump. When I push the clutch paddle the pressure is enough to went through the blocked hose. But the pressure coming from clutch plates are not enough to send the paddle back to its position.