• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Latest Addition

Overdrive

the 5555 car is it?

'twas for sale sometime back wasn't it? any idea if its been sold since?

yeah, every day i see the car when i pass Nadimala, i have seen it there almost 5, 6 months, very nice looking car, almost stock but i thnk it has a aftermarket BOV

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 5555 car is it?

'twas for sale sometime back wasn't it? any idea if its been sold since?

It's GC 1555. Formerly owned by Salsa MR - who now owns an EVO X

Edited by madmax

It's GC 1555. Formerly owned by Salsa MR - who now owns an EVO X

so Salsa MR used to race pro. in SL is it? (A.D ?)

that car looked like its been doing a lotta sitting abt n nothing much...sad cuz it seemed a fair specimen...

Sti4 though the guy at the sale insisted it was a 5 , it was running a phase I boxer plant - but oddly enough the dash was the newer Sti 5 square type..

so Salsa MR used to race pro. in SL is it? (A.D ?)

that car looked like its been doing a lotta sitting abt n nothing much...sad cuz it seemed a fair specimen...

Sti4 though the guy at the sale insisted it was a 5 , it was running a phase I boxer plant - but oddly enough the dash was the newer Sti 5 square type..

Salsa MR owned the car after A.D. He was also a pro racer. Raced in the Formula class. That car has been identified as a STi 5 all along, guess it has been upgraded from STi 4 to 5.

From what i hear, the car has a chequered history.

If it has a Phase 1 engine, chances are the original phase II never survived...Salsa MR installed cosworth pistons after the first detonantion failure. I remember riding in the car years ago.

After he sold the car and left SL, i believe it was a common sight at the drags...the silver colour was changed to the present steel blue just recently.

As for technical differences in STIs...the dashboard change took place from STI4 onward... thats probably why its confusing to figure out this cars history.

After he sold the car and left SL, i believe it was a common sight at the drags...the silver colour was changed to the present steel blue just recently.

Nope, it was never in the drag scene those days. I used to see a lady being chauffeured around in it sometime in rush hour traffic. And at some point it had a piggy back ECU installed and custom leather seats. It believe it changed hands again prior to being changed to the current color.

THanks shak and velocity. Yes shak, got there in the end, very hard to find a nice GC8. was looking for white, but i guess this looks better. Yeah machan dims the tyres are 215x40x18 but i need to get atleast 225 or 235 as the rims are wider than the current 215. curbing is a big hassel so gotta be extra careful. I love the classic shape, i remember i was at a driver training thing at the prodrive circuit sometime back, although all the cars were the sti9's everyone kept admiring the classic shape P1. My heart was for one of them but 2 door is a bit KADEY!! ;)