• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Latest Addition

Overdrive

I was wrecking my head trying to decide between various versions of STI's to buy, I always loved the aggresive look of the classic impreza. After much contemplation on the P1 (but thought i had enough with 2 doors)..finally ended up buying a STI5. 340 BHP.The standard intercooler is replaced with a HKS Front mounted intercooler, HKS 3.5" Hi Power Flow full exhaust system, HKS Blow Off Valve, K&N induction Kit , AP racing organic clutch and a Prodrive remapped ECU. 18" Gold Prodrive alloys with Toyo T1-S

This was one of the best examples out there. .no gunat i did not steal your car:!!)

p1020582zz7.jpg

p1020586bz0.jpg

p1020584bk6.jpg

p1020585eu9.jpg

p1020588nj3.jpg My other baby has got a back seat now!!

p1020587rk0.jpg

p1020590de6.jpg

p1020593ft6.jpg

p1020597do3.jpg

Edited by Overdrive

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car and nice colour too!

I have great admiration for these cars having driven a few highly tuned ones. Great road holding, acceleration and soul to boot.

Well done

Maithri.

Edited by maithri

awesome looking machine you have there overdrive.... Congratulations! and it seems absolutely pristine as well..

If you dont mind my asking machan, whats the Y.O.M? and what kind of mileage has it done?

Great buy machan... enjoy....All the best with your new ride..........

If you dont mind my asking machan, whats the Y.O.M? and what kind of mileage has it done?

I guess its 1999.

I was wrecking my head trying to decide between various versions of STI's to buy, I always loved the aggresive look of the classic impreza. After much contemplation on the P1 (but thought i had enough with 2 doors)..finally ended up buying a STI5. 340 BHP.

This was one of the best examples out there. .no gunat i did not steal your car

very nice Overdrive - personally i'd have gone with a P1, but i certainly wouldn't complain about an Sti5 :D

am i right to see a great number of trackdays coming your way? :)

very nice Overdrive - personally i'd have gone with a P1, but i certainly wouldn't complain about an Sti5 :D

am i right to see a great number of trackdays coming your way? :)

Thanks guys for the comments. Dev i have a 2 door coupe and it's a pain in the ar** for the passengers getting in and out. would have deffa bought the P1 but in terms of power this is way ahead. Yes i would imagine track days would be in the agenda;) having said that i'm very careful with my cars.

S_N the Its MY1999 and 70k miles which i was told was mostly motorway miles. But thats average for a car that age. also saw a freshly imported STI6, but it needed a bit of TLC, couldnt be asked with that, really...

Thanks guys for the comments. Dev i have a 2 door coupe and it's a pain in the ar** for the passengers getting in and out. would have deffa bought the P1 but in terms of power this is way ahead. Yes i would imagine track days would be in the agenda;) having said that i'm very careful with my cars.

S_N the Its MY1999 and 70k miles which i was told was mostly motorway miles. But thats average for a car that age. also saw a freshly imported STI6, but it needed a bit of TLC, couldnt be asked with that, really...

Thanks for the info... would you be willing to share the price you paid for it?

Congrats Buddy!

Like you, i have great appreciation for the classic GC8- far more raw and uninhibited than the models that followed...

What's great is that only the STI 5 and (UK) RB5 came in the "steel blue" colour...but sounds like you're way ahead of me on the power band!

Noticed that the front bumper has been modified to accomodate the FMIC- or was it an aftermarket addition?

Compared to your car, the previous owner of mine stuck to simple changes like MRT 3" decat end-to-end exhaust and front antilift kit. Everything else is STI accessorized.

I'm lucky in that in the 8+ years he used the car, it only had 28k kms! So there's a lot more life left in the car (hopefully!).

Let me know if you're looking for any supplemental data on GC8s....

Good luck and Cheers to some good B-road/Track driving!

Edited by gunat

Nice car machan, how much you paid for STi?. hey what is the insurance cost for this? What cat this going under?

have fun.. :)