• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rear Wheel Loced!

noaim

Question

10 answers to this question

Uh guys how and why does a rear wheel get locked? .. I've jacked the car and still can't move the right rear wheel, its stuck! How do i fix this!?

Did you parked the car for more than 2-3 months without even moving an inch?

Not really, no. Used it last saturday. Odd.

proabbly a brake bind like madmax says.... most probably due to water getting into the drum causing a thin layer of rust to form on the surface...

simply moving the car back and forth a few feet should solve the issue... the wheels will drag along for a while, but it ought to fix it... :) happened to me once after the car was taken on a flooded road, and parked for 2 days without use.....

Uh guys how and why does a rear wheel get locked? .. I've jacked the car and still can't move the right rear wheel, its stuck! How do i fix this!?

It's because of a brake binding. Most probably the brake washers have to be replaced (assuming that you've got drum brakes at the rear). You can check for an oil leak from the washer to confirm this.

Not really, no. Used it last saturday. Odd.

Ask somebody to sit on rear seat. Better if you have 3 pax load on rear seat and move the car forward. The wheel might drag on cement floor inside the garage. But it will start to work when comeout from the garage. However if you experience it as a brake bind problem, I mean if this is hapenning everytime you push the brake pedal, you have to check the brake system.

it happend to me 2 times, once after going in floods and the other after washing the jeep and didnt move it for 2 days, i think its the hand break, cuz the next time i didnt put the hand break up it didnt happened. just take the vehicle back and front, it would work out.

Brilliant powers of deduction ,

This is the prob of most of the time . remove the wheels or where the hand brake applies(in some old jeeps, the gearbox) and clean +lubricate

Good luck

uuhh.... i dont think lubricating a rusted disk is a very good idea... after you get the initial rust to break off, let the pads/shoes scrape of the rest...