• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Do The Cops Hate Modified Cars???

Marlons

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya good ideas bro .... try to change my way a bit but don't talk abt frnds man ... they r never on time once i had to wait til morning to come back from a place i went man that was bad .... cos my frnd he slept in the car and he forgot he had to pick me up at 3 in the morning so most of the time if i'm going some where i go alone ... specially on dates with chicks ... ya the best thing is not to drink man ....but can't help it ....:( addicted

soo many things wrong in what you say...

1-- If you intend to drink make some arrangement to get back before leaving.. geez! call your dad to pick u up if u cant figure that out.

2-- No decent girl who you just met at the club is gonna 'tag along with you in the middle of the night, and if they do its probably cos they know you already thus they'd know you have a car.

3-- If you understand if you have a modified car or if you're talking of things you'd do IF you had a modified car, but either way just cos a friend drives you home in it doesnt mean its gonna be hacked.

4-- If you wanna go to a club and wanna show off your modified car and wanna get a girl to tag along, whole problem is solved if you dont dam drink! seems all the alcohol seems to have taken a toll on your reasoning and logic.

And what you said about drinking and driving kinda contradicts a LOT with your whole 'i know my limits' sermon on the races&marathons thread...

have a little consistency man!

:lol: remember peri's old signature mate :)

just a waste of time :)

And from where did you find this Nismo specimen machan? Interested in doing a group order? ;)

Sorry machan... I was referring to my P11. It came with a Nismo exhaust. Not in what we both have in common.

Same applies to you bro. If you’re getting anything for ur ride let me know as well. I’m actually hunting for a coloured centre screen (original) where I can listen to full band radio and MP3’s. If you come across any let me know.

Go aftermaket on the screen man.. theres one in the auto TP12 that we own and its really nothing much- and changing the screen means changing the dash as well as the center console buttons are different

Thought abt it. Since all the climate controls display is also in the centre screen, changing it to a aftermarket will disable them. unless you have a separate colour screen for DVD's and reverse camera or normal MP3 setup and keep the original as it is. I just wanted to have a original screen so I can input other devices to that. DVD is not my priority... I'm not gonna watch XXX in my SSS...

Machan even the original screen theres no way of connecting any other input device. Also the original screen should work on an Aux port as its a color display- the screen we have is just an LED display- not sure about how that can be sorted out.

I actually meant go for an aftermarket screen while keeping the LED one as well. lol on the XXX :) you dont need the DVD player for that :P

I have never seen a modified car on the road which is going decently. They usually drive all over the road. Cut off other drivers and etc. May be cops too have notice this.

I have never seen a modified car on the road which is going decently. They usually drive all over the road. Cut off other drivers and etc. May be cops too have notice this.

Thats an over-generalization that I find very offensive. Some of them do, but if you have never seen, you aint paying enough attention. Thats the driver, not the car. I've seen guys in Corollas and Marutis driving all over the road and cutting people off too. Not to mention buses, vans, three wheelers, motorbikes ....

Thats an over-generalization that I find very offensive. Some of them do, but if you have never seen, you aint paying enough attention. Thats the driver, not the car. I've seen guys in Corollas and Marutis driving all over the road and cutting people off too. Not to mention buses, vans, three wheelers, motorbikes ....

Totally agree machan. Specially the Maruti's ,QQ's Swifts (3 wheelers - well they have always been pests hence default morons).......etc..... newbie’s who have just got a car and think driving is all about turning the wheel - no respect for road rules or courtesy to other motorists

Agreeing....

I never told that other drivers are not doing this. And of course it’s the driver. Not the car... (Honestly, I would like to drive a modified car too)

Also there are more disturbing vehicals on the road than modified cars, such as three wheelers and motorbikes.

For example take Three- wheelers. In generally we can categorize three wheelers as a breed of vehicles that don’t know how to drive on the road. Reason is simple. It’s the attitude of people who drive them. There can be few decent three wheel drivers + some gentlemen who use three wheelers for their own use. But because 90% drive carelessly all three wheelers come under bad category.

It’s the same for modified cars.

And one thing for sure. We live in a country called Sri Lanka. So we can't expect more than this....

Edited by Sha7

Totally agree machan. Specially the Maruti's ,QQ's Swifts (3 wheelers - well they have always been pests hence default morons).......etc..... newbie’s who have just got a car and think driving is all about turning the wheel - no respect for road rules or courtesy to other motorists

IMHO even the smaller cars you've mentioned here are driven badly cost lotsa folks buy these as their first car... at least that's how it looks like by judging the way they drive.

You'd rarely get a souped up car driving on the middle of two lanes or driving on the right side lane doing 30kmh and refusing to budge...

for some weird reason that complete mystifies me to date...most the small car road hogs love to go on the right hand side lane and crawl... No amount flashing or honking gonna move them away...

I've never seen a cop ticketing one of those fools cos according to the law, you can't hog the bloody road and crawl in that lane :violent-smiley-099:

IMHO even the smaller cars you've mentioned here are driven badly cost lotsa folks buy these as their first car... at least that's how it looks like by judging the way they drive.

You'd rarely get a souped up car driving on the middle of two lanes or driving on the right side lane doing 30kmh and refusing to budge...

for some weird reason that complete mystifies me to date...most the small car road hogs love to go on the right hand side lane and crawl... No amount flashing or honking gonna move them away...

I've never seen a cop ticketing one of those fools cos according to the law, you can't hog the bloody road and crawl in that lane :violent-smiley-099:

totally agreeing with you .. i was thinking to myself this can be due to an attitude problem too. why should I go on the left track just because my car can't go wee fast (rather fast) and whats wrong I occupy the right lane as other cars, why should I give way to any other car just because he's honking and flashing kind of thinking might running on their heads. I've come across many, many occasions where i had to thrash them into the left lane and process just after pissing off by this not responding attitude. Chrry QQ twice and times maruti's many times. After that I love to watch them on the rear mirror the way they trying to chase after..

....cos according to the law, you can't hog the bloody road and crawl in that lane :violent-smiley-099:

not really, in SL we dont have the fast lane rule. the only rule applying to multi-lane roads are that buses and lorries should go on the left lane (so far i've only seen this being implemented on the Colombo-katunayake road).

i personally dont bother flashing etc. just wait patently till the left lane is clear and over-take on the left, frankly i am surprised when ppl actually do move over to the left lane and give space... :blink:

try to change my way a bit but don't talk abt frnds man ... they r never on time once i had to wait til morning to come back from a place i went man that was bad .... cos my frnd he slept in the car and he forgot he had to pick me up at 3 in the morning [/b]so most of the time if i'm going some where i go alone ... specially on dates with chicks ....:( addicted

Guess your friends don't think too highly of you either...

i don't kw arcy must ask them ....and see one day

ya i never seen people give space on the road except if u drive a 4X4 with head lights on and with hazzard lights blinking .... :angry-smiley-048: specially if it is a black one with tint ...they think ur some miniser guard .... :rolleyes:

i've seen people never move their butts off the road to even a ambulence .....or fire truck .... but they do move as soon as they see a motor cade .... or else u kw if u hog the road and block a motor cade what wil happen ....

it's a mentality problem man ....... what to do hv to live with it .... COS WE R IN SRILANKA :ninja:

i've seen people never move their butts off the road to even a ambulence .....or fire truck .... but they do move as soon as they see a motor cade ....

So you've seen the exact same car/driver not move for an ambulance/fire truck but move for a motorcade huh? A very rare chance you've had i guess!

Coming up with fictional scenarios or statistics to prove your point doesn't always work :D

I had a bad experience with one of the Motor Bike guys;

I was driving towards Rajagiriya and this biker guy was in my behind and wanted to over take me not from right side but from the left. so i was in my track and this biker guy suddenly over took me from my left side and hit on a bump and fell off top of my bonnet.

That time me and my wife were in the car and he started throwing "@#$%^&*(" at me said that i did not allow him space to overtake. I just don’t wanted to get involve any since my wife was there.

So, who is WRONG here? Can they overtake in left and if something happen will the Police or the LAW will work for us?

---

Agreeing....

I never told that other drivers are not doing this. And of course it’s the driver. Not the car... (Honestly, I would like to drive a modified car too)

Also there are more disturbing vehicals on the road than modified cars, such as three wheelers and motorbikes.

How true. IMHO we should stop these ads where they show motorbike doin sum crazy stuff. Its effecting the riders as it does to our women who watches "Mahagedara".

Some riders even blody overtakes when ur about 2 turn to a side road. Ohhh at such times the amount of filth that fills in my mouth. :action-smiley-088:

Main problem is that there no discipline, no respect, no guidance, no self control among our drivers n not to mention pedestrians.

There is a positive side though. That is 99% of our drivers have lightning reactions. If you use the same techniques in another country it’ll end up in a pileup.

Anyways rnt we going off theTopic.

IMO police luv fining mod cars cus they might b under de influence that if ur spending so much for ur car whts wrong in payin a small fine.

Some riders even blody overtakes when ur about 2 turn to a side road. Ohhh at such times the amount of filth that fills in my mouth. :action-smiley-088:

GURU > lol, pointless throwing those words out, cos, he cant hear us!!! :D Once i forgot my wife is inside the car.

Edited by lakpriya

not really, in SL we dont have the fast lane rule. the only rule applying to multi-lane roads are that buses and lorries should go on the left lane (so far i've only seen this being implemented on the Colombo-katunayake road).

i personally dont bother flashing etc. just wait patently till the left lane is clear and over-take on the left, frankly i am surprised when ppl actually do move over to the left lane and give space... :blink:

wrong bro...there's is a law and one cop was quite friendly enough show it to me from the rule book and not give me a ticker for riding on the right hand side. Mind you i was doing over 100 with my headlights on :lol:

according to this law... on a two lane road, in my case it was near toyota lanka wattala, you can't drive/ride on the right hand side of the lane if the left hand side of the lane is vacant. basically you can only use the right hand side lane to overtake a slower moving vehicle...

I managed to butter up the cop and bugger off without a ticket but they cant give you ticket for not sticking to this rule.

I had a bad experience with one of the Motor Bike guys;

I was driving towards Rajagiriya and this biker guy was in my behind and wanted to over take me not from right side but from the left. so i was in my track and this biker guy suddenly over took me from my left side and hit on a bump and fell off top of my bonnet.

That time me and my wife were in the car and he started throwing "@#$%^&*(" at me said that i did not allow him space to overtake. I just don’t wanted to get involve any since my wife was there.

So, who is WRONG here? Can they overtake in left and if something happen will the Police or the LAW will work for us?

---

ok let me tell you something from a part-time biker and most of the time-driver point of view.

I've been on bikes since i was about 16 or so... though i ride hard and fast i rarely break the obvious rules(other than speeding of course) i mostly ride with some intelligence.

And believe me i have come across 100's of moron's driving cars like absolute retards... the last one was some old timer reversing his ride from a house in the night onto the road without having a look at the road and i almost smashed into him... I can give you hundred upon hundreds of these accounts...

Some fools drive with while on the phone, some car folks have a tough time giving way to bikers for some odd reason when the biker wants overtake them and these times bikers will get creative risking themselves more than the stupid car in front of them... etc etc etc...

For most bikers, it's impossible to divert your attention to anything else while riding even for a split second cos unlike in a 4 wheeler a little rock on the road is all it will take to bring you down on a bad day...So most riders have little choice but to concentrate a lot more on the road... at least the faster bikers are almost always more alert...

100% agree that some bikers ride like morons...But like it's with souped up cars it's not always the fault of the rider...

Somebody said about bikers overtaking cars when they are making a turn....

Maybe you had nut case biker to do that... as a rider i can tell you that very few bikers would put themselves such obvious dangers... And i also have overtaken few cars and 4 wheelers while they were making turns and you wanna know why...cos the retard behind the wheel didn't have brains to signal in advance... or signal at all... Some idiots drive with the signal on forever...

Some of the other idiots expects you to read their fricking mind to know when they're making a turn...

i'm in no way defending the bikers...as a guy who has to suffer through morning traffic in a car and as a guy who has got hit from behind by a biker once cos the idiot didn't have brakes... i do know that some bikers are idiots...

At the same time... there are thousands of idiots behind wheels too... :)

healthy debate i'd say but as usual...the story is much complex to be generalized in terms of vehicle type :)