• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Ford Club Meet #2

GuruG

MFOC Meet #2  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Count me in

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Machang GuruG, I wont be able to make it today too, However I will hand over the Video to Our "President" PradFred By tomorrow.... Reeely Sorry Guy's...

Hoo boy,

Looks like its gonna be just us GuruG, Mazdaspeed.... :rolleyes:

Deja Vu.......

Hope everyone turns up for the event at least. <_<

i thought i saw a dark green MX5 the other day in the carpark.. may have been just a one time visitor i guess..

:o

how did i miss that??

hmmm doubt very much that its a regular...

the odd celica and that Nismo March is about as interesting as i've seen it get.. :mellow:

Dear all,

Yawn... :sleeping-smiley-008:

The event ...yawn. :sleeping-smiley-008: ...is happening ....yawn on the yawn :sleeping-smiley-008: 29th yawn......

:sleeping-smiley-008:

We have agreed that we will request that each member of AL & MFOC will try and get at least one other Mazda / Ford member to come .

Also the RX 7, 8 boys and all those Interplays and Mazda 3's of which we see a great many but no action.......

An advert will be placed in the paper as well, alongwith Madz support on the site.... :rolleyes:

Am also informing the Motor Sports clubs to bring the members of the Ford Laser / Mazda racing class alongwith the veteran Ford drivers.

Lets hope we have a nice fun event and also all AL members are welcome.

cheers

Pradfred :dance2:

i just relized that this is the Bradby Kandy Leg weekend :o - i'm gonna miss out on the fun this time round :(

come on man.. i wil be going too.. coming on the same day for the event on the 29th.. :action-smiley-060:

besdies i dont think there will be a reason to stay over this time around... <_<

i just relized that this is the Bradby Kandy Leg weekend :o - i'm gonna miss out on the fun this time round :(

Ohhh! cummon mate.... U can watch da highlights after de event.

Only 11 more days to go :unsure:Prad might need ur Classic to lay out the track again...

Edited by GuruG

come on man.. i wil be going too.. coming on the same day for the event on the 29th.. :action-smiley-060:

besdies i dont think there will be a reason to stay over this time around... <_<

hmmm i'm yet hopeful for a miraculous win given that Royal has never lost a Bradby in an year ending with an 8! 1948,58,68,78,88 & 98 :)

& don't forget , even Shani's year we won after loosing the first leg in colombo! :)

staying up at a friends place so no chance of making it back the same day i'm afraid :(

hmmm i'm yet hopeful for a miraculous win given that Royal has never lost a Bradby in an year ending with an 8! 1948,58,68,78,88 & 98 :)

& don't forget , even Shani's year we won after loosing the first leg in colombo! :)

staying up at a friends place so no chance of making it back the same day i'm afraid :(

I think the idea is that it might be better for your continued state of good health to skip the Kandy leg this year dude. At least as far as actually going to the match is concerned. Heard it got kinda nasty in the first leg.

I think the idea is that it might be better for your continued state of good health to skip the Kandy leg this year dude. At least as far as actually going to the match is concerned. Heard it got kinda nasty in the first leg.

yeah machan it was very poor behaviour on our part - i was rather ashamed at the way things went with all the bottle throwing...

i'm also not too happy with the way it was handled either - the Capt. should have taken the initiative to calm things down along with the team - as hosts we failed in our duty,i'll be the first to admit that...

We hold our traditional rivals with much esteem and that was no way to treat any visiting team for that matter :(

& from past experience i know that such transgressions will not be taken lightly by the folks up there and the repercussions are likly to be felt rather strongly..

:(

But missing the Bradby isn't an option so i'm gonna chance it :) &hope for a repeat of 1998 :)

yeah machan it was very poor behaviour on our part - i was rather ashamed at the way things went with all the bottle throwing...

i'm also not too happy with the way it was handled either - the Capt. should have taken the initiative to calm things down along with the team - as hosts we failed in our duty,i'll be the first to admit that...

We hold our traditional rivals with much esteem and that was no way to treat any visiting team for that matter :(

& from past experience i know that such transgressions will not be taken lightly by the folks up there and the repercussions are likly to be felt rather strongly..

:(

But missing the Bradby isn't an option so i'm gonna chance it :) &hope for a repeat of 1998 :)

Hey devinda,

I think its not safe for you to take that black beauty of yours to that place.

So send I will pick it up and keep it safe for the weekend.....ok?

Can test the track conditions also as a personal favour to you of course :)

Hows dat for true friendship eh ?

Hey devinda,

i'm guessing he'll be taking the Defender, to take a whole buncha people (and to scare a few more) :D

And if so the Z will be in colombo.. and i'm sure machan you'll be busy with the organizing, so i can drive it over for you if you want :D (dev, remember to leave a full tank of petrol ok :D )

Edited by Dilesh

Hey devinda,

So send I will pick it up and keep it safe for the weekend.....ok?

Can test the track conditions also as a personal favour to you of course :)

Hows dat for true friendship eh ?

talk about it - AL is full of awesome friends! :lol:

hmmm i think your right - it will be safer in Colombo :) ...& even safer if it stays put in my garage :D

but i do whole heartedly appreciate your kind offer Pradfred - perhaps the next time :lol:

i'm guessing he'll be taking the Defender, to take a whole buncha people (and to scare a few more) :D

And if so the Z will be in colombo.. and i'm sure machan you'll be busy with the organizing, so i can drive it over for you if you want :D (dev, remember to leave a full tank of petrol ok :D )

yup most likely the Defender, it'll be :)

its amazing to see what a kinda and considerate community we have on AL - each one helping the other out :D

but Dilesh theres just this one massive issue in that i don't have the 10,000+ needed for that full tank, so i don't see how your gonna get it from Mt. to the AMRC tarmac,

so what say we leave to sit pretty at home? :P

:lol:

yup most likely the Defender, it'll be :)

its amazing to see what a kinda and considerate community we have on AL - each one helping the other out :D

but Dilesh theres just this one massive issue in that i don't have the 10,000+ needed for that full tank, so i don't see how your gonna get it from Mt. to the AMRC tarmac,

so what say we leave to sit pretty at home? :P

:lol:

yes thats what we do, we help each other out as much as possible....hmmmm, in that case i'll see how far the car goes, and if i use half of the fuel thats already in the tank before i reach the track, i'll drive it back to your place and leave it there again... at least i can be happy with myself knowing that i TRIED to help out.....

:D

yes thats what we do, we help each other out as much as possible....hmmmm, in that case i'll see how far the car goes, and if i use half of the fuel thats already in the tank before i reach the track, i'll drive it back to your place and leave it there again... at least i can be happy with myself knowing that i TRIED to help out.....

:D

it warms the cockles of my heart to know that you care so much :lol:

but seeing as the car has the needle sitting in the red, as it always does, i don't see you making it beyond the neighbourhood petrol shed [cuz its a regular visitor, you get great service - no discount though :( ] :lol:

it warms the cockles of my heart to know that you care so much :lol:

but seeing as the car has the needle sitting in the red, as it always does, i don't see you making it beyond the neighbourhood petrol shed [cuz its a regular visitor, you get great service - no discount though :( ] :lol:

In order to further warm those cockles mate, I volunteer ( hows dat? ) to fill up da tank.

dont know who that idiot was to do such a thing.. i would have hit him first.. didnt see anything... yo devinda did u see the bugger..

shani's year we had a better 3 quarter line.. like our year 2002..

only hope is bilal and the heavy pack,., no hope if we are gonna pass and play..

let us all pray.....

Ohhh! cummon mate.... U can watch da highlights after de event.

Only 11 more days to go :unsure:Prad might need ur Classic to lay out the track again...

are we having the advert this weekend.. i think its our last chance...

guru: the time of the event is different.. its says 14:00 hrs in 24hr format and 3.00 PM onwards on 12 hr format.. :blink:

Edited by charitha19

dont know who that idiot was to do such a thing.. i would have hit him first.. didnt see anything... yo devinda did u see the bugger..

no machan - the guys who were hurling things were to the right of where we were - it was such a tight squeeze it was hard to move around to find out who the reckless SOB's were :violent-smiley-099:

someone threw a full water bottle from behind us and i think that bloke got peppered and rightly so!

shani's year we had a better 3 quarter line.. like our year 2002..

only hope is bilal and the heavy pack,., no hope if we are gonna pass and play..

let us all pray.....

machan you'll had the best year EVER! 14 coloursmen , 2 Sri Lanka players , 3 Sri Lanka Youth Caps ! :blink:

True 1998 had a quick line! & Gonaduwa was full back that year as well neda?! but what i actually meant was the fact that in Shani's year we lost the first leg in Colombo and won by a record margin up on thier home turf , so anything is possible :)

machan you'll had the best year EVER! 14 coloursmen , 2 Sri Lanka players , 3 Sri Lanka Youth Caps ! :blink:

True 1998 had a quick line! & Gonaduwa was full back that year as well neda?! but what i actually meant was the fact that in Shani's year we lost the first leg in Colombo and won by a record margin up on thier home turf , so anything is possible :)

well true..

but we better get our line in order... and pray for the best.. two tries in in the first half would do it..

yep i think gonaduwa was the full back.. or stand off.. he was anyway our kicker..