• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc

Devinda_Z

This is fabulous news! :D

truly elated that SWRT managed to come in 2nd!

and apparently Chris Atkinson had managed to get the car its first stage win on its very first outing :) , but he'd spun and crashed out later on :(

....i can just see the car getting faster when they tune , tweak & tinker with it as the season goes on... :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loeb was special specially with the old Xsara, machang correct me if I'm wrong, he had to sit out of the last rally that year with a broken shoulder after a mountain biking accident.

This was in 2006 - He won the Drivers championship without driving in the last 4 races! :o

http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/default.asp?...le&ID=22537

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

SWRT confirm M2 team for 2009 season

586682636.jpg

The Subaru World Rally Team has confirmed that it will run a second manufacturer team for the 2009 WRC season.

The team will be run by the Adapta World Rally Team, run by Team Principal Morton Ostberg. Initially, the deal is for Adapta to run two Impreza WRC2008s at the ten European events, with an option on the long-hauls to Argentina and Australia.

Norwegian Mads Ostberg, the 2007 Norwegian Rally Champion, has been confirmed as one of the seats in the newly formed team, with Adapta still searching for a second driver.

“The agreement will see the AWRT use two Subaru Impreza WRC2008s next year as an M2 team and we will look after the cars on the 10 European events” said Team Principal Ostberg. “We also have the option of competing on the two overseas events. SWRT will be responsible for the logistics and AWRT will look after the cars on the events.

“The cars will be serviced adjacent to the SWRT service area. Adapta and SWRT will share their technical expertise and parts knowledge to form a common pool of knowledge, with the AWRT engineers focusing on our cars during events.”

Mads Ostberg will also contest the Norwegian Rally Championship next year in his Subaru Impreza WRC2007.

• 3 weeks later...

GUys what do you think of what Ford did to push Mikko to second place from 4th?? I thought that this was banned in todays racing although Ferrari did something similar (but in an acceptable way) to push Massa into second.

I was shocked when watching the rally highlights from France where Jari Mati Latvala stopped in front of the yellow marker to lose time as he was second.

Petter was doing a good job and was 4th until he also got a tyre puncture.

GUys what do you think of what Ford did to push Mikko to second place from 4th?? I thought that this was banned in todays racing although Ferrari did something similar (but in an acceptable way) to push Massa into second.

I was shocked when watching the rally highlights from France where Jari Mati Latvala stopped in front of the yellow marker to lose time as he was second.

Petter was doing a good job and was 4th until he also got a tyre puncture.

is there any place online where the highlights can be watched or better yet downloaded from??

i have issues watching the clips on WRC site for some odd reason , then never stream properly

is there any place online where the highlights can be watched or better yet downloaded from??

i have issues watching the clips on WRC site for some odd reason , then never stream properly

Dont know macho, why not try youtube or the other site that wrc.com has links to. I watched highlights on Dialog TV.

Hey Gummy you work for LR and Citroen....what's with Citroen in SL? Pulled out for good?

Not exactly., problem was company ran into serious cash issues and then again their prices were not competitive enough to bring down (comparing Pugs and other European makes) Hopefully it should get on the road by next year if discussions work out.

Not exactly., problem was company ran into serious cash issues and then again their prices were not competitive enough to bring down (comparing Pugs and other European makes) Hopefully it should get on the road by next year if discussions work out.

Aha I see. Yes the prices actually should be cheaper than Pugs as in other countries. It would be nice to see a few 2 dr C4s and a C6 or two on our dull roads!

Aha I see. Yes the prices actually should be cheaper than Pugs as in other countries. It would be nice to see a few 2 dr C4s and a C6 or two on our dull roads!

Yes I also prefer to see those cars on our road. Problem with 2 door is us S Lankans dont like 2 door cars (except for the Honda's or any modified car). I prefer the 2 door against the 4 door in case of C4 as it is a looker. I think we more thought will be given towards the newer C5 if at all as the C6 will be v expensive.

Getting back to WRC, Citroen showed their newest WRC concept at the Paris Motor Show, which is a HYBRID. Makes me wonder if this will be the future of motor sport.

C4 WRC Hybrid

Edited by Gummybr

WRC moves into SWRT and Suzuki home territory this week. Will there be change of fortunes for these auto makers?

I'm hoping that they'll do something this time round.

as much as i too would like to see a SWRT win, i'm not expecting much more from this season...

The car should see a fair bit of development come next year - decent debut but much to be perfected

If not,SWRT should just take the easy way out and hire Loeb! :lol:

as much as i too would like to see a SWRT win, i'm not expecting much more from this season...

The car should see a fair bit of development come next year - decent debut but much to be perfected

If not,SWRT should just take the easy way out and hire Loeb! :lol:

Well congrats to Loeb for securing the 5th WRC title with one race to go.

Also its good to see the two jap makes doing good on home turf.

4th - Subaru Chris Atkinson

5th - Suzuki Anderson

6th - Suzuki Garmaister

8th - Subaru Petter

So far the best result for Team Suzuki. Lets hope that they improve on that for next year.

What a champ!! Brilliant! Is he at Citroen next year as well?

I believe so... I dont see him leaving in the near future, unless of course he retires. To be honest there are a few good younger drivers coming up like Chris Atkinson, Latvala and Dani Sordo...

I think the JWRC champion will join WRC next season, another Sebastian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm interesting.... Looks like SWRT is getting a good driver......

Its still a rumor but check it out http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&a...ck%20for%202009?

Well on a different note, I think Team Suzuki has come a long way. Hopefully if they do compete next year (which is yet to be decided) they should make steady progress to catch up with the big 3.

And also it seems Citroen Boss has been given the management of Peugeot Rally Team., looks like there will be a full on French assault for next year.

Edited by Gummybr

Hmm interesting.... Looks like SWRT is getting a good driver......

Its still a rumor but check it out http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&a...ck%20for%202009?

Well on a different note, I think Team Suzuki has come a long way. Hopefully if they do compete next year (which is yet to be decided) they should make steady progress to catch up with the big 3.

And also it seems Citroen Boss has been given the management of Peugeot Rally Team., looks like there will be a full on French assault for next year.

its not impossible given that SWRT did run 3 cars in one race this past season - would be interesting to see an old pro back in the seat :)

oooohh hot goss!

LOEB might move to F1 & drive for REDBULL in 2010 ! :o

:blink:

Sebastien Loeb has said that he'd seriously consider an offer to switch to Formula 1 in 2010. The current world rally champion has piloted Citroen to WRC drivers' titles for the last five years, and is contracted for another year, but could be hunting an escape to F1 after impressing during testing in R*D B*LL's grand prix car.

'The team bosses think I am too old, but mentally I am not: age would not be an obstacle for me' Loeb (who is 34) said to a French newspaper. 'With a testing programme in 2009, I would go to the formula one grid in 2010.'

You can see Sebastien Loeb take our Henry for a spin in his R*D B*LL Citroen C4, or read about some of Catchpole's own rallying fun.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/232806/loeb-for-f1.html

its not impossible given that SWRT did run 3 cars in one race this past season - would be interesting to see an old pro back in the seat :)

oooohh hot goss!

LOEB might move to F1 & drive for REDBULL in 2010 ! :o

:blink:

Yeah actually Citroen wants him to be there till 2009. And he will be testing or running the Pug Le Mans car during that period helping them develop the car.

The Lap he did in the REDBULL F1 car was said to be brilliant and better than most factory test drivers.

This is quite probably what the next incarnation of the Ford Focus RS is gonna look like - it'll be out hunting the new Impreza come sometime late next year

fordfocusrspd5.jpg

fordfocusrspd5.8523faa98f.jpg

fordfocusrs2mp5.jpg

fordfocusrs2mp5.ac1f51d1e9.jpg

fordfocusrs3rk3.jpg

fordfocusrs3rk3.a06a83b850.jpg

Ford announces Focus RS prices

Official prices and details of Ford's uber-hot hatch confirmed

By Stephen Dobie

15th December 2008

car_photo_298116_25.jpg

After months of speculation, the official numbers for Ford's Focus RS have been confirmed. It'll cost from £24,995 when it hits the UK in March 2009, with 301bhp and 325lb ft on tap making it good for 160mph+ and sub-6sec to 60mph.

As well as £5 change, £25k buys you a Focus with 19in alloys (wrapped in 235/35 rubber), gloss black mirrors, spoiler and detailing, xenon headlights and air con as well as a Thatcham cat 1 alarm. An extra £750 buys an options pack boasting dual zone climate control, parking sensors and automatic lights and wipers while £1500 adds DVD-powered touch screen sat nav to the mix. Part-leather seats add £500.

And if you want the paint jobs pictured, set aside £395 (Performance Blue) or £695 (Ultimate Green) to brighten up Ford's 22nd RS model since 1970, and the first in seven years.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/233001/f...NLC-Newsletters

I'm wondering if Ford will pull out of the WRC as well..... Ford Europe has been doing a lot better than their US parents but given the magnitude of the problems facing the parent co. I won't be surprised if they pull out. It will be interesting to see how the WRC will carry on with only one factory team.....

I'm wondering if Ford will pull out of the WRC as well..... Ford Europe has been doing a lot better than their US parents but given the magnitude of the problems facing the parent co. I won't be surprised if they pull out. It will be interesting to see how the WRC will carry on with only one factory team.....

If Ford USA took lessons from their European division they might have been a smidge better off..

does anyone know of how the two divisions operate? as in how independant is the european division?

in all honesty the WRC without Subaru (regardless of the fact they haven't won in ages! :( ) is kinda like F1 without either Ferrari or McLaren!