• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News

ash

Its like this, SC cannot order the parliament, but can instruct them on matters. But Prez is above all. So if parliament says no fuel price reduction then so it will be. If it was only one Minister then the SC would have put a case against the said person for contempt of court like what happened to SB and recently the case against Ranil.

I don’t think we can take Ranil and SB’s case as examples here. They are and were charged for disrespecting the judiciary not for going against a court order.

You are sort of right about judiciary not been able to order things but instruct. Judiciary can’t invent new laws as they are an independent body and they are not elected by the public. Hence them coming up with new laws/orders will be the opposite of what democracy stand for. Parliament on the other hand is democratically elected and represents the public.

I must iterate I’m no expert in law infact I have no background in law at all. But I do keep a keen eye on politics so I do know few bits and bobs about our constitution.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don’t believe this shit –

On the news – the petrol shed owners are saying that they have placed orders and CPC is not delivering the stocks- On the other hand CPC says that they are willing AND distributing stock but the shed owners are not ordering ….

Who’s saying what ??????

I’m no in to a political party but let’s face it – although UNP tried to reduce fuel – now most people are without fuel ……. Looks like I have to cancel my trip

F%&*$#@ m Sri Lanka politics and management :angry:

Hold your horses son, tell me you’re not pinning this on UNP. This is called ‘kala honda passen pannanawa’ .

Current fuel shortage crisis just shows how incapable the government is to make a simple decision. If they need bit of time to think what they should have done is set a date on when they going to make a decision and let the price remain what it is till then, instead of giving bogus excuses and postponing the decision day by day.

This just shows what a scam this government is. Instead of passing the benefits to consumers they would rather spend 6 billion for Mihini, and another 5 billion to acquire Ceylon Continental hotel plus this is the same government that got rid of people who exposed the 3.6 billion VAT scam. Funny thing is majority of the people in this country still trust them to continue the war and even have hopes of finding a resolution through it.

The majority are like the govt with Mihin. Can't admit its a mistake so continuing to back them.

Well, most of that 6 billion for Mihin is going into someones pocket. Not exactly sure whos, but its definitely going into a pocket somewhere. So maybe they don't really class it a "mistake". Heck they are doing it a second time, and still no problem! Lucrative business.

here we go again.

LIOC increases it back to 122

:lol:

this is beyond a joke now. i'm sure the government must have pressured them to revert to old price. what baffles me is why they are taking almost 3 weeks to come to a decision. i understand it take bit of time to find a loop hole now that the attorney general is looking in to the matter but 3 weeks.... if it is to cancel the license of a media organization they would have done it within 5 minutes

i'm sure the government must have pressured them to revert to old price.

Doubt they would have to. They tried getting a jump on the reduction to get people to come to their sheds, but once the govt decided their direction, IOC followed. They want their profit too.

Doubt they would have to. They tried getting a jump on the reduction to get people to come to their sheds, but once the govt decided their direction, IOC followed. They want their profit too.

you got a point. at the end of the day it all come down to money. but i read in an article that their sales boosted by about 30% after the price cut. i wonder weather that would have offset the loss due to the price cut.

according to the IOC their new shipment was taxed at the old rate. therefore they had no option but to bump the price to cut back the losses. all said and done i still won't rule out the possibility of a government intervention behind this.

My thinking is, they (the Govt.) will reduce the price of fuel by Rs. 5/- to 10/- after their schedule meeting on the 7th Jan. And our so called patriots will jump up and down and will justify the govt’s patriotism toward the country. That’ll be that. <_<

My thinking is, they (the Govt.) will reduce the price of fuel by Rs. 5/- to 10/- after their schedule meeting on the 7th Jan. And our so called patriots will jump up and down and will justify the govt’s patriotism toward the country. That’ll be that. <_<

doubt CJ will let it slip that easily (especially since he only got another 6 months or so on the job and he's desperately trying to do some good to offset some of the more unpopular judgments he gave out when he first took the job) unless the government can come up with a valid objection why they can’t reduce the price by Rs.22

:jumping-smiley-013:Surprise surprise…. Petrol is reduced by Rs.20/- and Diesel by Rs. 10/-. I hope they’ve reduced the margin of the 95 as well.

Happy new year ! ! !

Damn…. Petrol Only by Rs 2/-

If you own a 3-wheler you have a Rs. 20/- concession rate. :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by ash

:jumping-smiley-013:Surprise surprise…. Petrol is reduced by Rs.20/- and Diesel by Rs. 10/-. I hope they’ve reduced the margin of the 95 as well.

Happy new year ! ! !

Damn…. Petrol Only by Rs 2/-

If you own a 3-wheler you have a Rs. 20/- concession rate. :violent-smiley-099:

i was gonna post this

interesting to see how this system works anyway

can always get a three wheel guy to do trips to get the petrol 20/- less :action-smiley-060:

but will they sell 95 to 3wheelers?? :unsure:

:P

interesting to see how this system works anyway

can always get a three wheel guy to do trips to get the petrol 20/- less :action-smiley-060:

that's exactly what i was thinking. it seems three wheelers can only obtain 4 liters of petrol per day. how they going to keep track of this is the big question.

the way i see it this was a move solely targeted towards the 'gallery audience'. government can now say they have provided concessions to the poor. it'll be very interesting to see how SC going to react to this.

heard the barrel started to climb up again today in the international market :(

The Gas prices are expected to go up as well in the global mkt - wonder if its begining to have an effect on crude oil

this is due to increase tension in the middle east. not only gas gold has increased in value too. as i mentioned in another thread a month or so back oil is to hover around $ 40 - 50 a barrel unless OPEC take some drastic measures to cut back production or hostility in midde east erupts.

Here is a good link to keep a tab on the global oil prices..

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

talking about Bloomberg i see it in the DTV channel list any ideas weather they are planning to make it available anytime soon? i think that is one area DTV is missing, a good financial news channel. infact i think this is major area that sri lankans are missing out. other than the internet there's no access to good world financial news. i must say there's a good coverage on the local events.

talking about Bloomberg i see it in the DTV channel list any ideas weather they are planning to make it available anytime soon? i think that is one area DTV is missing, a good financial news channel. infact i think this is major area that sri lankans are missing out. other than the internet there's no access to good world financial news. i must say there's a good coverage on the local events.

Its already available in their premium package