• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Landrover 110 Pick Up Or Landcruiser Pick Up

Velocity

yes...some say that. parts are very expensive. I now have a 5 door station wagon which is a Td5. I will not do any off roading with that. I like the sound of the engine. But for off roading i will be always using a 300 Tdi.

Personally I havent had any major problems with both. may be Its the way I treat them.

Perhaps the new Ford TDCi Land Rovers are probably cheaper to maintain compared to the TD5 BMW units ?

I mean Ford spares are usually very reasonably priced !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the new Ford TDCi Land Rovers are probably cheaper to maintain compared to the TD5 BMW units ?

I mean Ford spares are usually very reasonably priced !

hopefully we'll actually get a few of these new Landy's with the 2.4L Ford plant ,cuz afaik non of these new vehicles have hit the SL market yet

and machan about the TD5 ...

its not quite a BMW motor - i recall hammering out a detailed post on the subject of Land Rover engines , but haven't been able to find the link :(

but i did manage to turn this up with a basic google search

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/Td5engine.htm

ah,c os i've been seeing a LD plate silver TD5 defender parked in our neighborhood quite often, and it looks spotless ALWAYS! hehe, was kinda confused on how the wagon could get a LD nuumber.

i can just imagine how that happened ;) & no bro , this isn't the only such anomaly out there!

If this is Silver with Black wheel arch extentions , then it beloged to Imperial Motors in Hyde Park corner

Edited by Devinda_Z

i can just imagine how that happened ;) & no bro , this isn't the only such anomaly out there!

If this is Silver with Black wheel arch extentions , then it beloged to Imperial Motors in Hyde Park corner

yep, thats the one! though the wheel-arch extensions are too shiny for my taste... hehehee! Same goes for the front bull-bars... it covers that pretty defender face...

the only way i can imagine that ended up with a LD plate is if it was a single cab version that was brought down and had a body replacement... but it looks too good to be a transplant :):unsure:

I feel both these are very capable 4x4's ... it just comes down to personal preference.

People here say wranglers are so great offroad here, owner's say "its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand". I dont understand, coz I go anywhere a Wrangler does in my Neyzan Batrol (as they call it here heheh ) :-)

the only way i can imagine that ended up with a LD plate is if it was a single cab version that was brought down and had a body replacement... but it looks too good to be a transplant

...ah see thats the beauty of a Defender- you don't even need to replace the body as such - you can simply add the missing pannels on as if it were lego! :)

...ah see thats the beauty of a Defender- you don't even need to replace the body as such - you can simply add the missing pannels on as if it were lego! :)

i saw ANOTHER one of these in our neighborhood.. this time a white LG plate defender.. also VERY good looking.... and had a very pretty lady passenger in it too..:)

but if you're turning a single cab into a wagon dont you need to change the body shell itself (maybe except the front doors, mudguards and bonnet)?

Edited by Dilesh