• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is This??

sajithgamage

66618204xy8.jpg

guys i saw this pic in the net.

what is the model of this car?? how much fuel it does?? pls help :)

(is this axela?? is axela and 3 the same??)

It's a MAZDA 3 / Axela

(same model - Axela is the name used for the JDM version - please use the search feature on the autolanka main page - the slight differences between the 2 versions have been discussed extensively)

Fuel consumption figures will be in those threads - can't remeber off the cuff... :(

It's a MAZDA 3 / Axela

(same model - Axela is the name used for the JDM version - please use the search feature on the autolanka main page - the slight differences between the 2 versions have been discussed extensively)

Fuel consumption figures will be in those threads - can't remeber off the cuff... :(

can u pls give give me the link of the page that u have mentioned coz i cant find it. pls?

can u pls tell me da fuel consuption of this car?? is it very economical?

Well its a VVT but weighs more than 1100kg's! :rolleyes: And also a big 1.6cc engine with 107BHP If its an auto i dont think it'll do much like the Corolla. I dont have first hand experiences about economy so cannot commit figurs!

Devinda any luck on a hands on Axela 3 user! :P

Well its a VVT but weighs more than 1100kg's! :rolleyes: And also a big 1.6cc engine with 107BHP If its an auto i dont think it'll do much like the Corolla. I dont have first hand experiences about economy so cannot commit figurs!

Devinda any luck on a hands on Axela 3 user! :P

if it cant give atleast 15km per a liter, i won't go for it :( i like the looks very much, but the fuel is the case here :(

if it cant give atleast 15km per a liter, i won't go for it :( i like the looks very much, but the fuel is the case here :(

I have an Axela , it does 15km/l for long runs and 12 km/l for average runs but some say less than these figures.

However it has a great torque for 1500CC VVT engine.

I have an Axela , it does 15km/l for long runs and 12 km/l for average runs but some say less than these figures.

As I assumed, we could never archive 15kmpl from a 1.5, even though its a VVT, not sure even the Corolla doing 15kmpl! By the way is your a Manual or Auto? I am quite interested in knowing that! :)

As I assumed, we could never archive 15kmpl from a 1.5, even though its a VVT, not sure even the Corolla doing 15kmpl! By the way is your a Manual or Auto? I am quite interested in knowing that! :)

It is triptronic. Surely it does 15km/l for long runs. We can attain around 16km/l from properly maintained most of the cars of 1.5L for long runs (without or least traffic-say trip to Anuradhapura). However the story may be different for short runs.

Edited by Rohnd

• 1 month later...

Sorry to sound Crude & Rude –

Asking for over 15 on Colombo roads is unreasonable even for a Toyota- Outstations yes…. <_<

Best U avoid a Mazda cause U will end up bitching about the brand - and tarnishing it which most ignorant people do as they know of only 2 brands of cars :action-smiley-060: (Toyota & Nissan) – Not that they are bad cars and with total respect for the 2 brands.

ROHND – has basically put it nicely- It’s much more fun car to drive with a lot of spirit. I fully understand the fuel crisis but ….. there is a limit

Summery – if Fuel is your main concern - A Hero Honda should be fine.

used an axela for 2 years, nevr have i archived 15kmpl, max 11-12kmpl and some times even gose to 7-8. but awesome car to drive and its fun, its very heavy car. the manual might do well on fuel, not sure though, cuz i had a triptonic.

Edited by Z.u.L

66618204xy8.jpg

guys i saw this pic in the net.

what is the model of this car?? how much fuel it does?? pls help :)

(is this axela?? is axela and 3 the same??)

Sajith,

This car was owned by a member of the mazda club, a doctor who loved the car so much that the polish he bought costs about a few ks. he positively drools over it :) A very nice gent too.

The bodykit was done by a local expert based on an international design - this person might reply to this fater seeng my post.

If you want a fuel economical car and it looks like you want a car that does 15KMPL in the city , I suggest you stop looking at sports / fast cars and look at cars with engine capacities lower than 1000cc.

Again no disrespect intended.

A guy who has a 4.8 litre petrol luxury car buys it for different reasons. Why is it that we Sri Lankans want it all? Sports / luxury cars are by design not fuel efficient ( at least not as their selling point)

Imagine telling everyone you drive a Merc cos it does well on fuel he he ( Z.U.L will be the best to take this up :)

Decide what you want, go for it and *&^&* the rest. Its a car for you. so buy what turns your starter motor.

Of course you need to package it nicely when convincing the wifey/ paretnts but thats a another saga......

again Sajith no disrespect but as Mazdaspeed says, stay away from Mazdas if image and resale (new axela /3 excempted) matters............

cheers

Prad

• 1 month later...
Sajith,

This car was owned by a member of the mazda club, a doctor who loved the car so much that the polish he bought costs about a few ks. he positively drools over it :) A very nice gent too.

The bodykit was done by a local expert based on an international design - this person might reply to this fater seeng my post.

If you want a fuel economical car and it looks like you want a car that does 15KMPL in the city , I suggest you stop looking at sports / fast cars and look at cars with engine capacities lower than 1000cc.

Again no disrespect intended.

A guy who has a 4.8 litre petrol luxury car buys it for different reasons. Why is it that we Sri Lankans want it all? Sports / luxury cars are by design not fuel efficient ( at least not as their selling point)

Imagine telling everyone you drive a Merc cos it does well on fuel he he ( Z.U.L will be the best to take this up :)

Decide what you want, go for it and *&^&* the rest. Its a car for you. so buy what turns your starter motor.

Of course you need to package it nicely when convincing the wifey/ paretnts but thats a another saga......

again Sajith no disrespect but as Mazdaspeed says, stay away from Mazdas if image and resale (new axela /3 excempted) matters............

cheers

Prad

ok we'll forget about the fuel ;) but tell me more about the resale value of this car?? if i buy a second hand car for 30 and after few years, if i try to sell it, will the prize be lower than that 30??

ok we'll forget about the fuel ;) but tell me more about the resale value of this car?? if i buy a second hand car for 30 and after few years, if i try to sell it, will the prize be lower than that 30??

That i'm afraid you have to ask from the Finance minister and the members of the central banks Monetary Policy Committee (if such a thing exist that is)

What's with these ^%*"£^% looking at future prices and the shit.... For gods sake stop haggling about and buy the DAM thing

Getting a GREAT price depends on a whole lot of things in addition to what 2 members have put done. U need to maintain a car – that itself is a accomplishment as most haven’t a clue – there are other things a car need other than fuel to run

Edited by mazdaspeed

Things don't seem to be in synch. A person willing to spend 3M on a car but highly concerned about getting 15km/l :blink:

If fuel efficiency is the concern, there are plenty of good options. Dihatsu Charade, Maruti 800, Maruti Zen, Suzuki Alto & more. You can buy one of those for well below half the price of a Mazda 3/Axela. The remaining part of 3M you can put in the bank and from the interest you can pump fuel to one of the cars I mentioned above. Get your requirement straight and act accordingly. For a fuel economical car, Mazda 3 / Axela is not the right choice and that is the pure truth!

Well its the first time i am seeing this thread.

there is always this questions about FUEL CONSUMPTION ON CARS.

Infact I have DEVISED A SMALL FORMULA FOR THIS.

THIS BASED ON DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES

----------------------------------------------------

HOUSE + CAR + TECHNOLOGY + HOBBY + WOMEN + FOOD + CLOTHES

Every Individual whom I have studied the are concentrating on the following aspects in LIFE. Some individuals are very balanced in each and every aspect and others are total extreme when it comes to one aspect. And some other personalities may be extreme in two three categories but nil on some sides.

For Example - Some House Wifes Complain When the GAS goes up by 200 Rupees and for them its the TOPIC of the MONTH. BUT THEN they go to BEAUTY KACHAL CENTER ( BEAUTY SALOON ) and SPEND VAST AMOUNTS OF MONEY AT LEAST WHICH COVERS a YEARLY GAS CYLINDER COST. They also spend Hrs and Hrs in super markets comparing Brands and Trying to save 5 Rupees between a Toothpaste and then go to ODEL and Buy a handbag which may be the Yearly Salary of whole village Family.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE : WE MIGHT BE TRYING TO SAVE BY BUYING THE CHEAPEST CLOTHES But they go and spend on the LATEST NOKIA MOBILE PHONE WHICH CAN COVER 10 YEARS WORTH OF CLOTHING.

ALSO ANOTHER EXAMPLE - We might LOOK into FUEL CONSUMPTION OF VEHICLE INTO SO MUCH DEEPLY TRYING TO SAVE 3000 BUCKS A WEEK AND THEN GO BUST 100,000 BUCKS IN A NIGHT CLUB DRINKING WITH FRIENDS OVER WEEKEND.

just for your thoughts !!!! i will seriously forget about fuel consumptions if the vehicle is gonna give me a GOOD Thrill.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Velocity

Well said machang. I've had to have this kinda conversation with our work guys too. They seem to think I'm rolling in money, when in reality they might be getting more than I do. I just point out that I get to save all the money they spend on booze and fags and clubs, which is why it seems like that.

Every Individual whom I have studied the are concentrating on the following aspects in LIFE. Some individuals are very balanced in each and every aspect and others are total extreme when it comes to one aspect. And some other personalities may be extreme in two three categories but nil on some sides.

For Example - Some House Wifes Complain When the GAS goes up by 200 Rupees and for them its the TOPIC of the MONTH. BUT THEN they go to BEAUTY KACHAL CENTER ( BEAUTY SALOON ) and SPEND VAST AMOUNTS OF MONEY AT LEAST WHICH COVERS a YEARLY GAS CYLINDER COST. They also spend Hrs and Hrs in super markets comparing Brands and Trying to save 5 Rupees between a Toothpaste and then go to ODEL and Buy a handbag which may be the Yearly Salary of whole village Family.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE : WE MIGHT BE TRYING TO SAVE BY BUYING THE CHEAPEST CLOTHES But they go and spend on the LATEST NOKIA MOBILE PHONE WHICH CAN COVER 10 YEARS WORTH OF CLOTHING.

ALSO ANOTHER EXAMPLE - We might LOOK into FUEL CONSUMPTION OF VEHICLE INTO SO MUCH DEEPLY TRYING TO SAVE 3000 BUCKS A WEEK AND THEN GO BUST 100,000 BUCKS IN A NIGHT CLUB DRINKING WITH FRIENDS OVER WEEKEND.

just for your thoughts !!!! i will seriously forget about fuel consumptions if the vehicle is gonna give me a GOOD Thrill.

:appl:Exactly

ahaaa...nice reply. i agree with u ;) ok....i think axela would give me the pleasure i expected, so im planing to buy it ;) thnx

trust me brother its a good car.

if you are buying a second hand check if the owners is NON STINGY GUY ON THE FOLLOWING ASPECT

which means you will get a good car.....

Edited by Velocity