• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fed Up With Feeding My Car? & Pls Advice

urajdrlk

hey check the batta proton car savvy...i heard frm few ppl it over exceeds expectations on economical running.....but dnt hold me to this....so pls check on it....one person claimed 22km/liter....and im quotin this from wiki.....

"The Savvy is also recognised in the Malaysian Book of Records as the most fuel-efficient car in Malaysia during an on-road test by Proton with an average fuel consumption of about 24 km/L (or about RM0.08/km of fuel)."

hope it helps

i've heard its got an iffy gearbox... :unsure:

but the fuel consumption is 'supposedly' decent... tops@18kmpl i belive - but as with most things , seeing/experiencing is believing!

The Fit Aria also returns decent fuel figures according to a member of this forum if I remember.

When it comes to vans I think the Vanette tops the fuel efficiency list (ok possibly the batta vans have better figures, but its difficult to compare them to small vans like the Vanette and the smaller bongos (1800cc diesel) probably don't do too badly either

I think you boys misunderstood him. He wasn’t complying about the consumption figures his point is taking the current fuel prices in to consideration he can no longer afford his fuel bill. That’s why the man wants to downgrade to a maruti or a diesel van.

The way I see it there no point comparing the km’s per liter figures between diesel and petrol vehicles. What you should compare is price per km. so if a hiace only does 10km/l it still works out cheaper than a petrol vehicle that does 12km/l.

Yes brother, You got that. I am VERY happy :angry-smiley-048: with my FB-15. Its do 10Km to 12Km around Colombo. But, ONLY problem is, these days, I drive it more than 150 Km per day. So, more I drive, MORE i need to feed it with PERTOL :violent-smiley-099:

Its the problem. So, I need to go for another vehicle, which is NOT drink fuel like this. You know price of petrol (also diesel?) :action-smiley-060:

So, PLEASE Advice me, which vehicle is more suitable for me?

Maruti 800 ?

Suzuki Batta Van ?

Or any other ?

Please send me price's of used vehicles (above types) ?

Thanks. :alc:

Yes brother, You got that. I am VERY happy :angry-smiley-048: with my FB-15. Its do 10Km to 12Km around Colombo. But, ONLY problem is, these days, I drive it more than 150 Km per day. So, more I drive, MORE i need to feed it with PERTOL :violent-smiley-099:

Its the problem. So, I need to go for another vehicle, which is NOT drink fuel like this. You know price of petrol (also diesel?) :action-smiley-060:

Maruti 800 ?

Suzuki Batta Van ?

Or any other ?

Please send me price's of used vehicles (above types) ?

Thanks. :alc:

Dihatsu Batta Van and Maruti 800 do around 15 to 16, Alto Manual (indian Version) do around 14 and Automatic (Japan Version) do around 13,

Maruti 800 ?

-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is a deathtrap.

Suzuki Batta Van ?

Nooo.. too slow

Or any other ?

I would recommend a suzuki alto

its fairly OK performance wise... comfy, etc

if you hunt a bit you can find a 95 - 96 for around 1m or so

ALSO consider starlet

there was a nice ep82 an autolanka member had advertised under 1m

how about that?

Edited by Saturn

150km is a LOT! going for a different car might help, but not a lot! how about thinking of alternate transport.. if you live 75km away how about you take a bus to colombo and a taxi the rest of the way to work! i'm sure it'll still save you quite a penny even though it would take a little bit longer..

And another option is to carpool! this i think if one of the most effective transport cost savers ever! if you have a steady 9-5 job and if you find another person or 2 living in maybe a 5km proximity and working in a 1km proximity of you, you can nearly halve your petrol cost by taking each others cars on alternate days. Might take you about 10-15 mins more since you have to drop/pick-up the other person, but it'll save you over Rs.1,000/= a day on petrol alone! Imagine if you're lucky enough to get 3 more people! that'll cut your costs by 75%.. If you find 4 more people it'll be a 80% saving, but i dont think the ride will that comfy for the 3 people in the back...

Machang how is the engine on this vehicle?

The car my uncle had, had just been overhauled and was nearly as responsive as a petrol car. (I once had the awful experience of driving a SB13 which was not in the best of nicks, had to fight to get some

I think it was a 3 cylinder 1l diesel and I do not remember if it had a turbo charger or not, probably did.

They probably do not cost that much to maintain !

That car had an issue with steering or suspension as it was pulling to a side quite badly and it had not been in an accident. Was certainly a better driver than the egg shaped Charade as the car had reasonable ground clearance, and the car itself felt quite sturdy.

I would not hesitate buying one if I found a good example :) I know its old technology but thats one of the things in its favour, not much that can go wrong with it that SL mechanics can't fix !.

Maruti 800 ?

-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is a deathtrap.

Suzuki Batta Van ?

Nooo.. too slow

Or any other ?

I would recommend a suzuki alto

its fairly OK performance wise... comfy, etc

if you hunt a bit you can find a 95 - 96 for around 1m or so

ALSO consider starlet

there was a nice ep82 an autolanka member had advertised under 1m

how about that?

Does Mitsubishi have one of these Batta vans? I'm not sure whether it was Mitsubishi or Suzuki, but one of my friends had one such van an year or so back... we did a trip down south in average traffic.... the ride was terrible & I kept thinking we'll be run over by some crazy Private Bus.... but I also remember that bloody thing did some insane figure like 23k/l in the round trip....

Maybe those batta vans are a good option, for someone who travels 150km per day and fuel is the only concern.... but how long that van will take the strain is anybody's guess.....

150km is a LOT! going for a different car might help, but not a lot! how about thinking of alternate transport.. if you live 75km away how about you take a bus to colombo and a taxi the rest of the way to work! i'm sure it'll still save you quite a penny even though it would take a little bit longer..

And another option is to carpool! this i think if one of the most effective transport cost savers ever! if you have a steady 9-5 job and if you find another person or 2 living in maybe a 5km proximity and working in a 1km proximity of you, you can nearly halve your petrol cost by taking each others cars on alternate days. Might take you about 10-15 mins more since you have to drop/pick-up the other person, but it'll save you over Rs.1,000/= a day on petrol alone! Imagine if you're lucky enough to get 3 more people! that'll cut your costs by 75%.. If you find 4 more people it'll be a 80% saving, but i dont think the ride will that comfy for the 3 people in the back...

Hay, I use my car ONLY for private purpose and also, these travels are cant do by bus.

I need a another vehicle, which is with low fuel consumption.

That's why I ask it from my post.

Thanks.

Does Mitsubishi have one of these Batta vans? I'm not sure whether it was Mitsubishi or Suzuki, but one of my friends had one such van an year or so back... we did a trip down south in average traffic.... the ride was terrible & I kept thinking we'll be run over by some crazy Private Bus.... but I also remember that bloody thing did some insane figure like 23k/l in the round trip....

Maybe those batta vans are a good option, for someone who travels 150km per day and fuel is the only concern.... but how long that van will take the strain is anybody's guess.....

yeah thats a lots of Km's to cover... and if thats on road where one can open out a bit or others drive in a brisk manner , the safety aspect should not be neglected either right?

what good is saving a buck if your not gonna be in a state to enjoy it?

but the reverrse could be argued as well i guess, as to what good ones health be if your broke :mellow:

Hay, I use my car ONLY for private purpose and also, these travels are cant do by bus.

Thanks.

With that kind of mileage you will see a return by investing in a Diesel. How much money can you spend on this car ?

All the aspects can't be fulfilled with one car, If you are really concerned about the fuel, might as well you may go for a four stroke three wheel car. Only thing is after riding 150km , You may require some balms or some sort of pain killers to apply on your spinal cord area. :D

All the aspects can't be fulfilled with one car, If you are really concerned about the fuel, might as well you may go for a four stroke three wheel car. Only thing is after riding 150km , You may require some balms or some sort of pain killers to apply on your spinal cord area. :D

or invest the savings on some cold adult beverages :P Next best thing for a thai massage me thinks :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Well... I guess if one wants more MPG, they need to maintain their car very well. On time servicing with oil change, filter change (Oil/Air), cleaning the filters (Air/AC Micro-filter), and engine tuneup combined with careful driving will allow for maximum fuel economy in any car.

Additionally I've seen a nifty 'Economy A/C' button in some cars... :)

Edited by isam

Thanks.

What's the 'low' fuel consumption figure you're looking at? 15-16kmpl Petrol? If you're looking at diesels, you need to consider the additional capital you'll need to spend to buy a diesel model over a petrol one (some research I did indiacted that it wasn't worth shelling out the extra cash for a diesel, of course that was for my drive distance). Also keep in mind that 150km/day's means that ay vehicel would probalby need a fair amount of maintenance (spare parts, service etc.). I have a 2002 City, gives me 12 in heavry city traffic and 14 otherwise.