• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fed Up With Feeding My Car? & Pls Advice

urajdrlk

I am fed up by fuel up my FB-15. Coz, these days I need my car very much. But, I can not feed it like this (10Km ~ 12Km by one liter). Bcoz, u know, our government gives petrol for low cost?? :angry-smiley-024:

So, I think, I need another car or van, with LOW Fuel Consumption.

So, PLEASE advice me, which one is the best for me?

At least, it must can go 20Km (Or 18Km) by one liter.

So, which one is the best? Used car (Maruti or any other?) or used van (Hijet or any other?) PLEASE ADVICE.

Thanks. :alc:

Edited by urajdrlk

I am fed up by fuel up my FB-15. Coz, these days I need my car very much. But, I can not feed it like this. Bcoz, u know, our government gives petrol for low cost?? :angry-smiley-024:

So, I think, I need another car or van, with High Fuel Consumption.

At least, it must can go 20Km by one liter.

So, which one is the best? Used car (Maruti or any other?) or used van (Hijet or any other?) PLEASE ADVICE.

Thanks. :alc:

i think you mean LOW fuel consumption, or high fuel EFFICIENCY.

20kmpl is a LOT to expect from anything with 4 wheels i must say! best bet would be a maruti. And i doubt that even a diesel van would give 20kmpl. (i have zero experience with van,s so maybe someone can confirm).I think FerrariF50 has a hi-ace if i'm not mistaken, right?

20kmpl is a LOT to expect from anything with 4 wheels i must say! best bet would be a maruti. And i doubt that even a diesel van would give 20kmpl. (i have zero experience with van,s so maybe someone can confirm).I think FerrariF50 has a hi-ace if i'm not mistaken, right?

How much is USED Maruti ? B)

Dear Bro,

Doing 10-12 km/ltr is a good result. You never expect a 1.5cc car to do more than this. Maruti also does about 17km/lt out staion according to one of my relations.

I had a VT 250 Honda mo bic some time back. It also did only 30km/lt out station. <_<:D

well.. if my car do 10 to 12 i will be a very happy guy, and thesedays cant expect cars with gud fuel consumption cus most ae around that range other than Maruti or Alto, as i heard Alto do 14 on colombo with AC

I agree.

urajdrlk: Look for a Kelissa. Or else your choices are Prius, three wheel car, Trishaw, motorbike or moped.

Or you can look at those 660cc minica type things. No idea on actual consumption. Tho I have an idea that it severely compromises safety.

Dear Bro,

Doing 10-12 km/ltr is a good result. You never expect a 1.5cc car to do more than this. Maruti also does about 17km/lt out staion according to one of my relations.

I had a VT 250 Honda mo bic some time back. It also did only 30km/lt out station. <_<:D

well 14kmpl in maruti with bad ergonomics, little safety etc etc...i'd still take the far better 10kmpl option with a better car...

talking about bikes...i had an NSR 250 for like 3 days :angry-smiley-048: and it never did anything more than 10kmpl :) Of course i was a lot younger and dumber so holding back on the throttle was never an option :) and man 10kmpl was worth it :)

yeah ur best is to go below 1000CC.. but check the weight of the car too.. no point in getting an 800CC car that weighs more.. cant u tune ur FB15 to do more... change somethings around man.. and see...

when did u change ur plugs filters and checked all the lines last...

I am fed up by fuel up my FB-15. Coz, these days I need my car very much. But, I can not feed it like this (10Km ~ 12Km by one liter). Bcoz, u know, our government gives petrol for low cost?? :angry-smiley-024:

10-12km from a FB15 is really good results man.

I am fed up by fuel up my FB-15. Coz, these days I need my car very much. But, I can not feed it like this (10Km ~ 12Km by one liter).

U must be HAPPY MAN!! u must be DAMN happy...! :action-smiley-060:

Why don't you learn to appreciate the good ? ;)

20 KMp/l in colombo is a bit of a fantasy im afraid mate.... and so is 18... realistically the VERY best you can get is around 14-15 as the guys have mentioned... and even that is not all that certain..

So if fuel really is that much of an issue, I suppose you may need to start reconsidering your transport requirements.

dilesh, u r right.... I have a diesel hiace, but its giving only 7-8 Kmpl in traffic :mellow: i checked with some others and it seems normal for this model (because its a auto with Turbo!)

but its giving about 12-13 kmpl in long runs ....

i remember our old one got around 10-11 kmpl which was a manual

So, I think, I need another car or van, with LOW Fuel Consumption.

At least, it must can go 20Km (Or 18Km) by one liter.

quit complaining

those are perfectly acceptable figures for a Petrol Sedan ... & on second thought those are more than accptable they are GOOD figures!!

in fact you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the same class of vehicle that will give you better figures than that!

not even those magical Toyota VVTi 121's will do 20kmpl!

if you don't mind down grading then you can always pick up something like this - its a diesel too!

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=6343

Edited by Devinda_Z

quit complaining

those are perfectly acceptable figures for a Petrol Sedan ... & on second thought those are more than accptable they are GOOD figures!!

in fact you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the same class of vehicle that will give you better figures than that!

if you don't mind down grading then you can always pick up something like this - its a diesel too!

ha ha...lols! gud one Z...u must be reallyyy knowing wot he talks about, aint it? :ph34r:

Edited by Kim

quit complaining

Devinda this would probably be a better choice if one is after fuel efficiency,

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=6363

The G30 is has a reputation for it and it holds up far better than the Egg shaped diesel Charade which seems to progressively fall to pieces.

ha ha...lols! gud one Z...u must be reallyyy knowing wot he talks about, aint it? :ph34r:

heh heh...even manufacturers will be shocked at the mpg values some sellers quote on their vehicles :lol:

maybe the car was in neutral as it went on a slow decline :lol:

Don

well going for an older model will have it's own problems right?

and guys...end of the day if you wanna be moving about in a car, there are certain "sacrifices" you gotta make... especially in SL at the moment. When you weigh pros and cons of the situ of our friend... i still think his present ride and it's figures can't be beaten so best to adjust "other" budgets and get on with life :)

heh heh...even manufacturers will be shocked at the mpg values some sellers quote on their vehicles :lol:

Don

well going for an older model will have it's own problems right?

and guys...end of the day if you wanna be moving about in a car, there are certain "sacrifices" you gotta make... especially in SL at the moment. When you weigh pros and cons of the situ of our friend... i still think his present ride and it's figures can't be beaten so best to adjust "other" budgets and get on with life :)

It sure will. The newer diesels are quite efficient and are more environmentally friendly, especially the new common rails.

But stupid taxation means owning one is beyond most people, thus having to look at older cars !. I mean a G30 is no FB15 :)

But my uncle used to own one and I've driven it and it was surprisingly nippy for an old diesel.

I do not really think the original poster has any reason to complain. 10-12 KM/L is excellent for a 1500cc car running with A/C

I do not really think the original poster has any reason to complain. 10-12 KM/L is excellent for a 1500cc car running with A/C

or could this be the next step in gurilla marketing :ninja: for maybe a future AL classified ... :ninja:

(my apologies if it isn't) :unsure:

Edited by Dilesh

True about Vans. we had a Town ace sometime back (CR27, Manual) used to do around 8-9Kmpl value in traffic and in long runs it does around 14Kmpl. herd that Nissan Vanette does more than that. 10-11kmpl for Nissan Sunny is a good achievement. Haven't you try to put Iridium plugs and tune it at AM*? that would give you some improvement i guess!!

Edited by Ruslan

better yet it was rolling down a hill with the engine turned off!! hell the odo still turns and the fuel would yet me in the tank right?! :lol:

yeah 10-12 is awesome, i dnt complain even my car do 7-8 KM/L with AC :action-smiley-060:

Edited by GihanFX

hey check the batta proton car savvy...i heard frm few ppl it over exceeds expectations on economical running.....but dnt hold me to this....so pls check on it....one person claimed 22km/liter....and im quotin this from wiki.....

"The Savvy is also recognised in the Malaysian Book of Records as the most fuel-efficient car in Malaysia during an on-road test by Proton with an average fuel consumption of about 24 km/L (or about RM0.08/km of fuel)."

hope it helps

Edited by YALA

I think you boys misunderstood him. He wasn’t complying about the consumption figures his point is taking the current fuel prices in to consideration he can no longer afford his fuel bill. That’s why the man wants to downgrade to a maruti or a diesel van.

The way I see it there no point comparing the km’s per liter figures between diesel and petrol vehicles. What you should compare is price per km. so if a hiace only does 10km/l it still works out cheaper than a petrol vehicle that does 12km/l.