• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For "non-disposable" Air Filter Cleaning Kit

jehan80

Hi,

My toyota Vios came with a non disposable air filter. When I took it to service (Pit###p) they didn't have the cleaning kit and wanted me to buy "K & N life time air filter cleaning kit" from motorcade. However when i went there over a month back they said they would get stocks in a month. I called them recently and again they say they will get stocks in a month! :action-smiley-060:

I tried M&M org and toyota lanka, but they dont have the kit either.

Any idea where I could find this thing? Is the alternative to replace the non disposable air filter with a normal one :(

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

My toyota Vios came with a non disposable air filter. When I took it to service (Pit###p) they didn't have the cleaning kit and wanted me to buy "K & N life time air filter cleaning kit" from motorcade. However when i went there over a month back they said they would get stocks in a month. I called them recently and again they say they will get stocks in a month! :action-smiley-060:

Any idea where I could find this thing? Is the alternative to replace the non disposable air filter with a normal one :(

Thanks!

What do you mean by non disposable air filter? I recently got a Vios and I took it for a service to Pitstop, they said they don't have the original airfilter so I did the service without changing the airfilter and on my way back home I went to Toyota Lanka and bought the airfilter for Rs2650 and changed it by my self at home.

What do you mean by non disposable air filter? I recently got a Vios and I took it for a service to Pitstop, they said they don't have the original airfilter so I did the service without changing the airfilter and on my way back home I went to Toyota Lanka and bought the airfilter for Rs2650 and changed it by my self at home.

Well its a Non-disposable type which can be cleaned using whatever chemical is in the cleaning kit. You dont need to change it i suppose...

I really dont know much about this technical stuff, but i guess the previous owner in singapore or wherever, swapped the factory fitted filter for this one for whatever reason.

he must be talking about a foam filter... these are re-usable after cleaning the filter element with a solvent recommended by the manufacturer and after re-oiling them...

Got one in my bike called a UNI filter which is a re-usable foam filte

he must be talking about a foam filter... these are re-usable after cleaning the filter element with a solvent recommended by the manufacturer and after re-oiling them...

Got one in my bike called a UNI filter which is a re-usable foam filte

Never knew about this. Thanks for the info machan.

Hi,

My toyota Vios came with a non disposable air filter. When I took it to service (Pit###p) they didn't have the cleaning kit and wanted me to buy "K & N life time air filter cleaning kit" from motorcade.

Thanks!

K & N kit has two parts. one is the shampoo to wash it; other is the oil.

you must soak the filter in shampoo and let it dry which takes about two days. which in turn means car is stuck in garage for sometime. :violent-smiley-099: ... or you can buy a backup(aka chaep filter) then..what i can suggest is to buy a backup now and when the stocks come get the cleaning kit , clean and put the original..just my two cents ..hope it helps

Hi,

Thanks!

i might be able to get down a cleaning kit for you. mail me:- [email protected]

GMI

Thanks for the reply's folks.

I'll probably be able to get down a cleaning kit from a friend who's in dubai. Anyway according to it's specs it needs servicing every 50000 KM. So i have a bit of breathing room since my milage is in mid 20k.

bhanu128 - Are u sure it'll take 2 whole days to dry???

K&N instructions says it should be dry before proceeding to oiling but it doesnt say how long the drying process takes. http://www.kandn.com/instructions/18627A.pdf

fyi - http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

Regards,

Jehan80

The cleaning kit might be available with the following as well -

Extreme Motors on Castle Street

Motor World in Dehiwala

Do you have contact info for the above ? And for US motors?

Couldn't find them in the directory...

Thanks

Do you have contact info for the above ? And for US motors?

Couldn't find them in the directory...

Thanks

Mod's pls remove this post if the info is deemed as advertising :mellow:

Extreme Motors - Souhain Malalgoda : 0155553579 , 0773385334 , 0777 349 878

Motoroworld - Mushtaq : 0777911911 - dunno if this number still works :unsure:

104A Galle Rd, Dehiwala (its on the sea side ,opposite Kawudana Rd - Close to the Arpico Supercentre)

US Motors - Its located on the left hand side as you climb Hill Street in Dehiwala , don't have thier number though :(

Just to add a bit more on maintenance ... if you have sensors in the intake between the filter and the throttle body (i.e. : MAF, IAT, etc.) it would be wise to clean them with some electrical circuit cleaner spray (like used on PC's or there's special spray cleaners for automotive sensors) while you're doing the filter 'cos the oil usually gets sucked in with the air and gets on the sensors and deteriorates the signals over time. Clean them often and take care not to break/damage them while doing so.

Edited by Mean Green z28

Mod's pls remove this post if the info is deemed as advertising :mellow:

Extreme Motors - Souhain Malalgoda : 0155553579 , 0773385334 , 0777 349 878

Motoroworld - Mushtaq : 0777911911 - dunno if this number still works :unsure:

104A Galle Rd, Dehiwala (its on the sea side ,opposite Kawudana Rd - Close to the Arpico Supercentre)

US Motors - Its located on the left hand side as you climb Hill Street in Dehiwala , don't have thier number though :(

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it :)

K & N kit has two parts. one is the shampoo to wash it; other is the oil.

you must soak the filter in shampoo and let it dry which takes about two days. which in turn means car is stuck in garage for sometime. :violent-smiley-099: ... or you can buy a backup(aka chaep filter) then..what i can suggest is to buy a backup now and when the stocks come get the cleaning kit , clean and put the original..just my two cents ..hope it helps

two days? my 504 has a similar one (non disposable) which i believe never being replaced since it came out factory. all you have to do is remove the oil in the chamber, take out the mesh out, spray kerosene, then pressured air, fill some 100ml of oil and put the mesh back in place. easily can be done during a service.